ADVERTISEMENT

Diallo update

Never ran into Ramel but I ran into Rex Chapman and gave him advice on shooting.

Didn't buy UK gear in an Applebee's parking lot but I once bought gear at a drive in movie theatre.

Didn't find Donna but I found Katherine Hall.

Back in the 80s I ran into Rex Chapman and gave him advice about how to dunk on Louisville player. You see how that worked out.

Do you recall anyone wanting/trying harder to leave than Diallo? What can he learn or be told on the last day that he doesn't already know? This is uncharted territory even for Cal and his players first approach.

I get it that it will be a whole year before he can do this again but it is not like he will be in the French Foreign Legion being abused if he elects to go back to UK. Taking this type of situation down to the last minute is a little absurd. In fact if me, I'd sure be cautious of ANYONE giving me a last minute promise...especially when there is no turning back.... jmuo

Uhmmmmmmmm, Andrew Bogut? He was projected mid-late first round by many after his freshman year, returned for his sophomore season and became the #1 pick in the NBA draft...

Yes there are a few, but for every success you list, dozens of players who did not improve or actually fell in the draft can be listed. Just last year of the top of my head Ivan Rabb, Thomas Bryant, and Grayson Allen and dropped significantly

Latest News Flash..... Diallo will return to UK for next season, If and only if, a team does not promise him they will draft him in the first round. Now, Damm It, will everyone stop posting for 5 minutes about Diallo and eat lunch, or drink a beer. Geeeeez Already. Now I feel better. Thank You and Good Day..........

Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido, Hamidon't, Hamido????

Reactions: uky8unc5
Latest News Flash..... Diallo will return to UK for next season, If and only if, a team does not promise him they will draft him in the first round. Now, Damm It, will everyone stop posting for 5 minutes about Diallo and eat lunch, or drink a beer. Geeeeez Already. Now I feel better. Thank You and Good Day..........

First of all... I'm not calling you a little school girl, but this post reminds me of something that happened years ago in grade school.

This girl sitting beside me gets up and stands in her chair. I asked her what the heck she was doing?? Her reply was "I just wanted attention".

Reactions: wromanp7
He clearly wants to go, but hasn't found in the info he wanted.

Makes a lot of sense to come to college and be a lottery pick if not top 5 next year. Hope he sees it that way.

Reactions: Brando Mac
Hami has a big board on which players are staying and returning.

Once it gets down to him being the only decision left, then he can decide.

Hami will have a good chance to get his name mentioned in Round 1, but playoff teams won't have room for him anytime soon.

Obligatory Diallo update post that says nothing.
NWFDC1q.gif

Reactions: Brando Mac
Part of me thinks (or hopes) that Cal knows he's coming back and is masterminding the late decision to build anticipation...then ultimately Diallo gives a final offseason F you to the UK critics by announcing he's returning. Cal completes things releasing a tweet tonight of him spinning in a chair, or something similar, just to stick it up his haters even more.

This is all info that is out there. Diallo's workouts where turrible. His shot was not just off, but WAY off (like 10% from three or something like that), and he was getting taken off the dribble at will by the other guards he was up against. His footwork was not great and his handle was just OK. He was an athletic freak though and could jump out of the gym and that was the only thing that kept his work-outs from being a laughingstock because he was able to put it on the floor and throw down some thunderous jams. They definitely see a lot of potential for him though, which is why they are considering drafting him.

The reason though that there hasn't been any announcement is that Diallo is like 75% wanting to stay in the draft, but none of the teams he worked out for have given him the promise. He and his family want this to happen now (the NBA), but everyone around him (other than his family & friends) who care about his future are telling him to go back to UK and that's not what he really wants to hear. Not that he has anythign against UK or playing here; it's just that he thinks he's ready now and that might not be the case.

Yet, the Bulls like him, even though they could not commit with the #16 pick.

Part of me thinks (or hopes) that Cal knows he's coming back and is masterminding the late decision to build anticipation...then ultimately Diallo gives a final offseason F you to the UK critics by announcing he's returning. Cal completes things releasing a tweet tonight of him spinning in a chair, or something similar, just to stick it up his haters even more.
While that would be awesome....I think Diallo's camp has strategically leaked that he is going to withdraw to try and play chicken with some teams to try and get a first round guarantee like what Tony Bradley allegedly got here at the last minute.

Why do people keep saying "he clearly wants to go" same thing as saying he clearly wants millions of dollars.

Reactions: brianpoe
While that would be awesome....I think Diallo's camp has strategically leaked that he is going to withdraw to try and play chicken with some teams to try and get a first round guarantee like what Tony Bradley allegedly got here at the last minute.

^^This^^ If his handlers are as savvy as they so far have appeared to be then this is the correct next move for them to take. And the last move left before finally making a decision.

I get it that it will be a whole year before he can do this again but it is not like he will be in the French Foreign Legion being abused if he elects to go back to UK. Taking this type of situation down to the last minute is a little absurd. In fact if me, I'd sure be cautious of ANYONE giving me a last minute promise...especially when there is no turning back.... jmuo
That is most of the point I was trying to make a couple of kids opted to return to school(UGA and UCLA) so I guess there could be some late movement near the bottom of the first round.Players like Bam or Bryant are there to get in also.It seems like some of heaven and earth still needs to be moved to get him into the first round.Returning looks like a solid choice but just not one he wants to make

^^This^^ If his handlers are as savvy as they so far have appeared to be then this is the correct next move for them to take. And the last move left before finally making a decision.

If so, UK truly is chopped liver to Diablo.

* I reserve the right to spell his name right until he is a Wildcat.

Reactions: Cindog28
ADVERTISEMENT