ADVERTISEMENT

Diallo update

Jakarii

Senior
Jan 29, 2016
Utah
From what I've heard his workouts have been so so. I have no clue what he's going to do nor do I know anyone in his circle but some scouts at his workouts said he worked very hard, didn't shoot that well and looked athletic (none of this should be news for anyone who has seen him play). His best bet seems to be the nets at 27 but they won't give him a promise, as of now, because someone may fall too 27.

I think this one could go either way. One scout said it looks like 60/40 that he comes back due to this scout having had UK players in their organization before and knowing that Cal will likely tell him (give his opinion) to come back based on current feed back

From what I've heard his workouts have been so so. I have no clue what he's going to do nor do I know anyone in his circle but some scouts at his workouts said he worked very hard, didn't shoot that well and looked athletic (none of this should be news for anyone who has seen him play). His best bet seems to be the nets at 27 but they won't give him a promise, as of now, because someone may fall too 27.

I think this one could go either way. One scout said it looks like 60/40 that he comes back due to this scout having had UK players in their organization before and knowing that Cal will likely tell him (give his opinion) to come back based on current feed back

Don't know who you are & how you'd know but thanks much! Sounds about right!

MJ said tonight that the scouts he talked to who were present said he was the worst one at his workouts. Probably due to shooting. If I knew we would get him, I'd almost just as soon have CJ for the shooting, but HD will probably be a better defender. I just want one of them dammit.

I bet it plays out like this.

If he leaves everyone will bitch and say he used UK and we'll have meaningless debate on whether or not he's a Cat.

If he returns everyone will bitch next season every time he misses a jump shot because it cost us Johnson and we'll clamor for Baker to play because he's a shooter.

Either way most will find a way to make themselves miserable. That's what Cat fans do.

If he leaves everyone will bitch and say he used UK and we'll have meaningless debate on whether or not he's a Cat.

If he returns everyone will bitch next season every time he misses a jump shot because it cost us Johnson and we'll clamor for Baker to play because he's a shooter.

Either way most will find a way to make themselves miserable. That's what Cat fans do.

I'd like to take our chances with the missing shots complaint please :smiley:

So basically still where he was to begin his draft process. Unless he just feels like he can't develop any more and significantly improve his draft position, then he should return.

I'd like to take our chances with the missing shots complaint please :smiley:
I'd just assume take the shooter (Johnson) if we could. He big enough to satisfy the Cal big guard fetish and is proven against high level competition. I value shooting more than slashing and dunking though.

Either way I want one of the two. Back court will be really thin without one of them.

Yep, I will be one of them.

I will complain if he stays in the draft.

I will complain if he comes back and doesn't shoot 40% from 3.

I'm only happy if they win the NC, I know...I'm awful, can't help it!

I'll go ahead and get it out now. We didn't want a premadonna on our team anyway. He can't shoot and would of just hurt us anyway. He is better off in the NBA we got played. Of course I can't forget the courteous goodbye of "I wish him well."

Or maybe he's an 18 year old kid who's struggling with the idea of getting a quick million+ dollars now vs possibly making more money a year from now.

Well, yeah, that's what this entire process has been about for him, whether he's alright with being in the late 20's-40's range this year and likely a year long vacation in the D-League, or coming back and working as hard as he can to make the Lottery next year and a lot more cash. I just find it hard to believe he's struggling with this decision to this extent and that he didn't go into this with his eyes wide open and with some understanding of which one of those scenarios he's most okay with.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot

You forgot to add a few words there at the end of your post.......

That's what a very small percentage of Cats fan do.

OR:

"Jamal Dial learns how to shoot and his game will hive me the chills!!!!!!!!!1!!"

"I wish Cal would play a Kentucky kid more than Diado."

"I hope Diago has fun playing in the Mexican basketball league."

I highly doubt that even a small percentage of Cat fans EVER utter any of those sentences.

Who the hell is Jamal Dial?

Epic FAIL!

I'll go ahead and get it out now. We didn't want a premadonna on our team anyway. He can't shoot and would of just hurt us anyway. He is better off in the NBA we got played. Of course I can't forget the courteous goodbye of "I wish him well."
Nicely done sir. Since you put "I wish him well" at the end nobody can accuse you of being a mamas basement dwelling Player hater. BRILLIANTLY played.

"I wish him well" is the new "respectfully". Fully protects you from backlash of anything u said/typed prior. Kyups, Zay, and titles1 are teaching us life lessons.

Nicely done sir. Since you put "I wish him well" at the end nobody can accuse you of being a mamas basement dwelling Player hater. BRILLIANTLY played.

"I wish him well" is the new "respectfully". Fully protects you from backlash of anything u said/typed prior. Kyups, Zay, and titles1 are teaching us life lessons.
It's titties1, you spelled it wrong

If we are gonna make a run we need Diallo- Cal will make him a top 3 pick in next years draft - Love to have Johnson as well - Diallo is the real deal - he can out shoot Fox and nobody complained about him last year- Kid is a man amongst boys in the college game - Diallo will light Rupp up with his insane dunks and defense next year- HUMAN HIGHLIGHT FILM

Reactions: Calsthebomb

Bless your heart...

So we should figure out a way to jam the Nets communication services through Wednesday night? Got it!

Reactions: BBUK
Yep, I will be one of them.

I will complain if he stays in the draft.

I will complain if he comes back and doesn't shoot 40% from 3.

I'm only happy if they win the NC, I know...I'm awful, can't help it!
Sounds just like me.:flushed:

He is coming back, unless he decides to not come back, meaning he stays in the draft, unless of course he does decide to come back, then he will come back, but he may not.

Or at least quite a few that post here

What update..........you don't know so why post.........

UMM have you a like....smh, lol

Reactions: Wall2Boogie

Bingo!! :)

Look. If he can't shoot, he will have to work extremely hard to fix that. Maybe that's why it's developed this way. Get the money without all the work.

Jordan couldn't shoot his freshman year but of course he did put in the work so it can be done. (Don't go saying I'm comparing them but they are similar in that both were very talented without much of a shot out of hs )

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT