ADVERTISEMENT

Diallo Entering Draft... Not hiring agent

Alright, throwing this out there. Maybe someone who is more Instagram savvy than I am can figure it out.

I logged into Intragram and clicked on the quick "story" videos that people you follow post. Monk's came up and it was Monk doing a closeup video of himself singing to some rap song. Dumb, but all these guys do it, kind of like posting quick clips of just their freakin shoes.

Anyway, the clip was of Monk singing, and then there was suddenly this quick like 5 sec clip of Monk following after Hami in a parking lot. Hami has a basket or bag full of clothes, and Monk is following after him laughing saying, Where u going, Hami?" He pans down and he's packing a basket of clothes too.

It looked for all the world like Hami packing up and moving the hell out of Dodge. Or maybe they were going to do their laundry. Anyway, I couldn't get the video to play again because I'm an Instagram idiot. I kind of wonder if I saw a short snippet of a video I wasn't supposed to see.

Did anyone else see this or have sins of my youth finally caught up with me? I thought this would the perfect post to agitate some fools on a slow afternoon.

There is a greater chance our fans reaction on social media makes him leave than any team falling in love with him and him bolting. Some of the stuff on twitter and this message board is over the top and embarrassing.

The stooopid is strong with many of our reactionary types.

Like drunken and ill tempered chess players that are glass half empty types by nature that are also incapable of seeing even one move ahead but instead are locked into only negative and visceral reaction to the current move taking place.

Reactions: sefus12
it's so bizarre that you embrace tough guy shit like this, but hate westbrook

unless...

jargon3.jpg

Alright, throwing this out there. Maybe someone who is more Instagram savvy than I am can figure it out.

I logged into Intragram and clicked on the quick "story" videos that people you follow post. Monk's came up and it was Monk doing a closeup video of himself singing to some rap song. Dumb, but all these guys do it, kind of like posting quick clips of just their freakin shoes.

Anyway, the clip was of Monk singing, and then there was suddenly this quick like 5 sec clip of Monk following after Hami in a parking lot. Hami has a basket or bag full of clothes, and Monk is following after him laughing saying, Where u going, Hami?" He pans down and he's packing a basket of clothes too.

It looked for all the world like Hami packing up and moving the hell out of Dodge. Or maybe they were going to do their laundry. Anyway, I couldn't get the video to play again because I'm an Instagram idiot. I kind of wonder if I saw a short snippet of a video I wasn't supposed to see.

Did anyone else see this or have sins of my youth finally caught up with me? I thought this would the perfect post to agitate some fools on a slow afternoon.

No I noticed it too. Just thought it was them doing laundry.
But I did notice today Diallo put a stop watch on one of his photos and bam put an alarm clock right after. Maybe that just means they were putting time in not sure. I sort of thought it meant their time here was running out

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
This is terrific stuff. Trend setting, ground breaking, just what Cal is about with the players first agenda. He tries too hard in his attempts to distinguish himself. This situation is not great. It's a horrible precedent. I suppose now we will start recruiting 3-5 top ten players who may or may not decide to play in fear of being exposed.......ie......the Harry Giles project...... now the Diallo mystery, and leave whenever they decide on their terms. Meanwhile we're held hostage and have to last minute recruit lower level players to fill the gaps. This is a joke. What needs to come out of this whole thing is the truth. Did Cal approach him and ask him to play towards the end of the season and Diallo declined? Or did Cal never intend for him to play?

I'm just starting to read through this and I'm only on page 2 of 11, but my opinion on this is no, I wouldn't have taken him if the plan was to use UK in this fashion.
It's bad enough that we are now "one and done U", but now we are striking deals with kids to come here and practice for a little bit, then jump? Nah, don't like it one bit.
Maybe this wasn't the plan, well, if it wasn't the plan then why is he doing this? Hopefully just to get feedback. But if the plan is for him to stay in the draft, be prepared for UK's name to get slammed in the media.

If you go in for assessment and the feedback is quite positive then the plan whatever it was before tends to change to getting paid, especially for poor and struggling families.

I don't get the bellyaching, the entire proposition is the very definition of low risk/high reward for us. Whatever "ding" there is from him leaving is just blown away by him in the fold.

Reactions: sefus12
I'll say what everyone is thinking. This is all obamas fault! Had he not pushed Obamacare on everyone and the premiums weren't so expensive maybe players would stick around without worrying about paying health insurance.

No I noticed it too. Just thought it was them doing laundry.
But I did notice today Diallo put a stop watch on one of his photos and bam put an alarm clock right after. Maybe that just means they were putting time in not sure. I sort of thought it meant their time here was running out
I've seen the last season of The Wire. This is really, really bad, folks.

If you go in for assessment and the feedback is quite positive then the plan whatever it was before tends to change to getting paid, especially for poor and struggling families.

I don't get the bellyaching, the entire proposition is the very definition of low risk/high reward for us. Whatever "ding" there is from him leaving is just blown away by him in the fold.
Well then that should have been discussed during the recruiting visit don't you think? Seems to me the plan was for HD to enter his name and workout, I think this is all by Cal's direction and I think the plan is for HD to return.
But if he signs with an agent I'll be disgusted. Sorry, but that's too far. Save me the "it didn't affect UK" crap, it does, it's a bad look. One and done is one thing, none and done is not the kind of reputation we need.

Well then that should have been discussed during the recruiting visit don't you think? Seems to me the plan was for HD to enter his name and workout, I think this is all by Cal's direction and I think the plan is for HD to return.
But if he signs with an agent I'll be disgusted. Sorry, but that's too far. Save me the "it didn't affect UK" crap, it does, it's a bad look. One and done is one thing, none and done is not the kind of reputation we need.
This is part of the risk factor that people ignore,UK doesn't exist in a vacuum,we are part of college basketball whether we or the NCAA like it or not.

If Diallo stays in the draft he could have done that at UConn or anywhere else and we would have been better off if that had been the case

lol...anyone can dispute what you said, because it is opinion, not fact. You don't know for sure that "if ---- doesn't get injured, we go undefeated," or "if ---- stays healthy we win a NC," or even "if ---- calls,the game right, we win it all."

In the other hand, if I had a billion $$$$, I would b a billionaire...

One is "accurate." One is opinion.
Well if my point had of been about winning more championships then you sir are correct. However my point which you are trying to deflect which is a sign that you know your argument is weak is that it was not youth or early entry that cost us more final fours or championships. We were put in the position to win more directly because of the young talent we have. The statistical fact is we have been in the thick of it more than any other team rhe last 8 seasons a fifty percent final four rate in todays game is almost unheard of. Two teams have won one more championship than we have in that timespan. Duke and UConn. Of those two teams one is recruiting the exact same as us the other is on the verge of being a no name in college basketball.

It's all hypocritical as well if Kansas And North Carolina had of gotten all their number one options they were recruiting then they would be no different than us. So to act like they are taking mythological higher ground in recruiting is not an opinion or speculation it is an outright falsehood. These recruits make no bones about it going one and done is their goal. If a coach is recruiting these guys then they are telling them they can get them there. So everyones whole argument against our system is for one an opinion and two their arguing point is not based on a success of another program but their recruiting failures and development failures of the players who were projected one and done and had to come back. Do you think Kansas told Preston when he signed with them well we don't see you as one and done.

Do you think when Kansas was recruiting Duval Young and Ayton that they didn't see them as being one and done. When guys like those have to come back I guarantee you they see it as a delay or setback for their dreams. Every team who is in the thick of it consistently every season is recruiting guys who see themselves as one and dones their failure to do so is one of the reasons that Cal is beating them on the recruiting trail. Every single one of them would have taken Diallo. Because if you don't and he does comeback and he has a great season for someone else well your fan base is going to question your commitment to winning. So deflct all you want

If he impresses the scouts and can become a first round pick then why not go.Be nice to see him play for the cats next season. But I have a feeling he gone.

If that ends up happening........he leaves

I will totally understand why some fans are becoming frustrated with how Cal does things.

So, by this, I take it that all signs now point toward Hami returning to UK next season!!

Thank you smooth as butter for confirming it!!:D

Last edited:
This is part of the risk factor that people ignore,UK doesn't exist in a vacuum,we are part of college basketball whether we or the NCAA like it or not.

If Diallo stays in the draft he could have done that at UConn or anywhere else and we would have been better off if that had been the case
I don't agree with that at all. You are saying Diallo didn't benefit from the UK coaches and UK players, all of whom are vastly superior to UCONN.

"Bad look" whatever that means doesn't present enough risk to balance in my ledger against the upside of having the elite player. Some years I might feel differently if I thought it kept us from getting a similar talent but this time the risk was miniscule the potential for reward is high and still is.

I see this as a no brainer gamble. Pretty much a buck on the powerball but with astronomically better odds of cashing the ticket.

Reactions: Aike
"Bad look" whatever that means doesn't present enough risk to balance in my ledger against the upside of having the elite player. Some years I might feel differently if I thought it kept us from getting a similar talent but this time the risk was miniscule the potential for reward is high and still is.

I see this as a no brainer gamble. Pretty much a buck on the powerball but with astronomically better odds of cashing the ticket.
I have no idea what you are talking about.
Do you need me to explain what I mean by "bad look"?
What's the gambling reference for?

I don't agree with that at all. You are saying Diallo didn't benefit from the UK coaches and UK players, all of whom are vastly superior to UCONN.
My point is that if he stays in the draft UK didn't benefit from his half year here,did he benefit, yes no doubt about that.

Reactions: kyjeff1
I have no idea what you are talking about.
Do you need me to explain what I mean by "bad look"?
What's the gambling reference for?
What do you mean by "bad look"? It just comes off like you have some naive idea of what college basketball should be when it is not the case, and it hasn't been for some time.

No one should give a sh!t what other people think. The only reason to be mad is if you think we could have a better team next year if we didn't take him. Does anyone have substantial evidence that is the case?

What do you mean by "bad look"? It just comes off like you have some naive idea of what college basketball should be when it is not the case, and it hasn't been for some time.
You think bringing kids to ky just to practice, never play, then jump to the NBA is a good look???
My opinion is no, it is definitely not a good look. Doesn't make me naive at all, it means I have an opinion, nothing more.

No one should give a sh!t what other people think. The only reason to be mad is if you think we could have a better team next year if we didn't take him. Does anyone have substantial evidence that is the case?
Thanks for telling us what we should care about.

Good night...I was on two other threads that made it look like he was coming back to UK then I clicked on this 29 page thread...Cliff notes for this thread please...:pray:

Good lord......serious question.

Has Diallo announced a final decision? I can't tell the way the board is going nuts.

Reactions: *CatinIL*
ADVERTISEMENT