ADVERTISEMENT

Diallo Entering Draft... Not hiring agent

MWes11

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2012
per UK bball twitter below he is testing the waters.

.@Diallo1Hamidou is testing the waters and has declared for the NBA Draft. He’s not planning to sign w/an agent, meaning he could return.

At least he'll have the chance to come back and get his degree for free if he bombs in the league. He would surely deserve something that isn't available to the rest of us...honestly none of them do.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
I know it's very likely he returns but there is always a small chance he bolts and that worries me.It would be rough next season.

I guess if he stays in the draft the whole green diallo bamba connection looses one leg there...

It was expected but still sucks.Some team could BS him saying they take him but don't.And then we are screwed.:cry:

Got a feeling he's staying in. Wondering why he waited so late if he wanted to gather information first.

I swear if he stays in the draft and UK gets nothing out of this deal honestly people have to look at CAL and say WTF!

Absolutely ridiculous and bullchit. If he ends up staying in the draft then I honestly won't care if Cal leaves anymore. This got old after about year #5 and it's crap now.

WTH are you two talking about?

The #1 SG in the class wanted to commit and come early.

We had a ride and definitely needed him this coming season. Of course you lock him in.

How you put this on Cal is beyond me. It's not like we missed out on another superstar in this class because of it.

Not one coach in America wouldn't take Diallo early.

Everybody needs to chill. I think the odds a kid with no college experience could impress enough in a handful of workouts over two weeks to get a first round guarantee in a strong draft is close to nil. Working out for teams and going through the experience to better position yourself for next year's draft is the smart thing to do.

Last edited:
So we have a short, fat point guard (who played forward), a big white blob who has hit maybe 5 midrange jump shots in two years (and most notable accomplishment is a technical foul) and a skinny reclassified kid who never suited up declare?

Now we're waiting for word from a kid who has "motor" and "upside", but was more of a train wreck than anything, to let us know if he'll grace us with his presence next year.

Makes sense.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
Sounds like he's gone to me. At least we'll never know what we were missing. He might have been another Briscoe.

Yeah this is starting to get old. Calipari has done a great job but the heavy roster turnover is just stressful to deal with. Need two grad transfers now, could care less how diallo does in the league.

Anyway we are going to suck next year, lost everyone and will be heavy freshmen reliant.

Reactions: YourPublicEnemy
I'm usually very supportive of the "players first" mantra, but it's implied that they do something other than hang around just long enough to muddy the recruiting waters without logging a single minute. Sheesh...I hope he comes back. This is version of one and done Pandora box needs to remain shut.

Yeah this is starting to get old. Calipari has done a great job but the heavy roster turnover is just stressful to deal with. Need two grad transfers now, could care less how diallo does in the league.

Anyway we are going to suck next year, lost everyone and will be heavy freshmen reliant.

It's a basketball game. Why you people let this type of thing stress you out is beyond me. This has zero impact on any intelligent, sane, normal fans' lives. Just IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT