ADVERTISEMENT

Devin Leary?

_ukcat

All-American
May 22, 2002
N.C. State QB who had Pectoral Injury this Season in Portal I think. Is he a possible QB UK would look at?

Haven’t heard anything in regards to Leary linked to UK but would obviously be a guy you’d love to get. Betting favorites are apparently Illinois and Notre Dame

Are we looking into a 2nd QB from the portal? I kind of assumed we were done after the Wisconsin guy committed.

If I've learned anything in these qb threads, he’s not good enough.
Not the Clemson qb, not NotreDame, not Wisconsin, not Boise state.
Just Bryce Young if he comes back for senior year.
If not, we have to make one from DNA stolen from Tom Brady, Michael Vick, Carson Palmer
Like how Cobra made Serpentor.

I love Leary's numbers as a QB. Of course, those aren't the end-all/be-all. I'd day the staff is taking a serious look at him. One caveat is that recovery from the surgery he had can take up to 6 months, so he could miss spring practice. His surgery was in mid-October. Of course, Levis didn't get here till the summer and won the QB battle straight away, so...

Leary has a coaching connection at Illinois bad his brother is there. He also has a connection to Missouri as drinkawitx recruited him. They seem to be the favorites according the the recruiting websites.

From what I understand UK has thrown the NIL checkbook at Leary. Coen wants him. Just have to make sure that checkbook is big enough.

Reactions: catburglar
If I've learned anything in these qb threads, he’s not good enough.
Not the Clemson qb, not NotreDame, not Wisconsin, not Boise state.
Just Bryce Young if he comes back for senior year.
If not, we have to make one from DNA stolen from Tom Brady, Michael Vick, Carson Palmer
Like how Cobra made Serpentor.

Exactly. So much BS to wade through there is no point reading the threads anymore. I'll wait until the staff brings someone in to bother looking here for info.

From what I understand UK has thrown the NIL checkbook at Leary. Coen wants him. Just have to make sure that checkbook is big enough.
I didn’t know that, a NIl and transfer portal guy on Twitter is saying it’s between Illinois, Mizzou, Notre dame, and bama if they fully show interest

What I had read was ND had been hesitant due to his injuries and it was between Mizzou and Illinois. Guess we will see if UK gets a visit
That’s what the Farrell guy on Twitter said he is the the transfer portal guy, I would like to see Kentucky atleast get a visit, Kentucky can offer him two NFL recivers, a good slot in robinson, and Two really good young TEs, along with coen, that’s certainly better than Mizzou and Bret bilema

Reactions: RunninRichie
That’s what the Farrell guy on Twitter said he is the the transfer portal guy, I would like to see Kentucky atleast get a visit, Kentucky can offer him two NFL recivers, a good slot in robinson, and Two really good young TEs, along with coen, that’s certainly better than Mizzou and Bret bilema
I think I had read that from Ferrell's website. Most is his previous connections with the coaches and his brother at Illinois

I think I had read that from Ferrell's website. Most is his previous connections with the coaches and his brother at Illinois
Yeah Illinois is his brother, Mizzou is because of drinkwitz or whatever his name is, Mizzou has burden that’s it, Kentucky has 3 legit receives and 2 good TEs, Kentucky is atekast worth a visit

Just curious, Is a torn pectoral muscle something you can fully recover from without it affecting your ability to throw the ball the same as you could pre-injury?

Reactions: mattrudd
Just curious, Is a torn pectoral muscle something you can fully recover from without it affecting your ability to throw the ball the same as you could pre-injury?
Looked it up myself. There are 2 muscles, major and minor, but I don't know which or both that Leary had surgery on. Seems both would be important for a QB. Upshaw had pec surgery and I thought never showed preinjury skills post surgery. How much, if any, the surgery had to do with that I don't know. I know there's great rehab programs now but I'd be leery(no pun intended) of this situation.

Reactions: catben
The year is 2092

College football has gone through a dozen reorganizations and hundreds of realignment

The sport itself is barely recognizable from what it was 100 yrs prior

And yet there are still posters on Wildcat Liar asking if Beau Allen somehow will be brought back to be next seasons starting quarterback

Let. It. Die.

The year is 2092

College football has gone through a dozen reorganizations and hundreds of realignment

The sport itself is barely recognizable from what it was 100 yrs prior

And yet there are still posters on Wildcat Liar asking if Beau Allen somehow will be brought back to be next seasons starting quarterback

Let. It. Die.
Is Beau Allen the new Richie Farmer?

Thanks for input guys. I watched him play before injury and was impressed. Wasn't sure how this injury effects him going forward or who he really looking at. I had seen a tweet or post somewhere that Coen wanted him( no clue if that true) so that when I looked him up

UK's rebuilding offense via the portal and re hiring our old OC could be an amazing CFB 2023 story. Don't let any of your dumb basketball friends, (or Knoxville fans, or clueless national guys) say that Mark Stoops is content and safe in his ways, and has no ambitions to make Kentucky football greater and a contender.

OC - Coen
QB - Mertz or Leary
RB - Davis from Vandy + couple elite recruits trending
LT - N I'll portal
RT - Kent St portal

Add all that plus Barion & Key & Dingle....yes, please

Leary visiting UK for his first visit! Hope they can get Coen in on a FaceTime call and let the big dog work on him. Leary behind a retooled OL and being able to sling it to Brown and Key along with the bevy of TEs would be awesome. National perspective on UK would change significantly if we can land Leary. Best Qb in the portal by a fair amount

Oh if they can get this Leary guy I'm like dude up above in the thread:
I'm getting out the Daffy duck masturbator.

A lot of teams need a quarterback and I bet they'd like this guy if he can stay healthy.
We got the receivers he needs to be productive.
And we got a good offensive coordinator now I think we'll get this guy ....watch and see. Where is Daffy at

Reactions: Jayintoledo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT