ADVERTISEMENT

*** December Snackdown - Pizza Selection Nominations ***

Frozen Pizza Bracket - Sorry. Gotta be able to find it at Meijer, WalMart or the Krog. Will take reasonable suiggestions
In alphabetical order
California Pizza Kitchen
Digiorno
Freschetta
Home Run Inn
Kroger/Walmart
Red Baron
Tombstone
Totinos

screamin sicilian pizza beats all of them

The box art for Screamin' Sicilian is disgusting.

ScreaminSicilianPizzaBurger1.jpg

Sorry, don't want to eat Alan Cutler's mouth giblets.

I'll add 2 more for Louisville. Clifton's in Crescent Hill and Diorio's in St. Matthews.

funky, please make sure you include the southwest Indiana bracket per the poster above. It's relevant and definitely needs to be on this. Newburgh has a Pizza Hut, for instance.

Also got a Little Ceasars....
Don't forget about Pizza Chef and Pizza King (strombolis only though).

Reactions: TriangleUKCat
Not participating in this nonsense if the frozen section doesn't include at least one representative from the pizza bread family...preferably...

A1qhMiWa2nL._SX355SX355_SY294_CR,0,0,355,294_PIbundle-12,TopRight,0,0_SX355_SY294_CR,0,0,355,294_SH20_.jpg
The most disappointed I ever felt was when I bought some of these thinking I could just microwave them. Turned out it had to be a TWO STEP method involving the damn oven and THEN the microwave. (This was back in the early 90s). 10 minutes of microwaving later I had a soggy slab or burnt pizza.

So, no

Pizza Chains Bracket - Set unless there are any objections or reasonable replacements
In alphabetical order
Dominos
Donatos
Godfathers
Jets
Little Caesars
Papa Johns
Pizza Hut
Sbarro
Looking forward to this but if you are going with 8 you have to take out the chains you know won't receive votes IMO. Little C's, Sbarro, etc..

Reactions: Kaizer Sosay
The most disappointed I ever felt was when I bought some of these thinking I could just microwave them. Turned out it had to be a TWO STEP method involving the damn oven and THEN the microwave. (This was back in the early 90s). 10 minutes of microwaving later I had a soggy slab or burnt pizza.

So, no
Soooo...your personal inability to read/follow instructions is going to single handedly blackball a culinary institution from this so-called competition?This is even more of a farce than I had initially deducted. I abstain. Count me and my valuable vote out.

Hard to believe this is the same outfit that put together the very prestigious and well respected candy contest just a few short weeks ago. smh

I think the poll feature allows ten per region. If some Louisville folks don’t chime in with more choices, the ones mentioned will have to join the ranks of the ones from Murray and Southwest Indiana.

I think the poll feature allows ten per region. If some Louisville folks don’t chime in with more choices, the ones mentioned will have to join the ranks of the ones from Murray and Southwest Indiana.
I'll add a few more to the one's I've already mentioned for Louisville:

Coal's Artisan
Bearno's
Wick's
Tony Boombozz
Za's
The Garage Bar

Reactions: funKYcat75
Moved to Lebanon Junction a few months back. Absolutely nothing in this town except hole in the wall Daddios pizza. It’s been in business for 20+ years and for good reason. Damn good pizza!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT