ADVERTISEMENT

*** December Snackdown - Pizza Selection Nominations ***

funKYcat75

All-American
Apr 10, 2008
Free Mash
It's December, which means its time for the monthly Snackdown. This month's competition is for the title of Best Pizza. We will accept all reasonable nominations of shops and franchises. There will be at least one region for frozen pizza so feel free to nominate your frozen friends. Tournament starts on Monday morning.

As always, I will make up the rules as I go and will completely ignore your requests and complaints (other than the nominations).

Let the competition .............................................. BEGIN

anigif_enhanced-5230-1469048377-16.gif

I think the two best pizza places in the Louisville area are Frascellis Pizza in Oldham County and Old School New York Pizza in Jefferson County. Both are outstanding.

This one may be chaotic.

So we're doing best individual pizza from an individual place? Or best pizza place? Or best type of pizza regardless of where it's from?

Are we doing crust?

I would recommend a Lexington and Louisville region but then it'll just turn into a Lex/Lou pissing match of people who haven't had both when they eventually face off.

That being said Goodfellas has to be on there.

I think these brackets need to mix things up. Not all chain pizza places in the same bracket, and all frozen in the same.

Somehow we need to have Dominoes vs Totino's Frozen
PappaJohns vs Digiorno
Old Chicago vs Pizza Hut

Probably will take some suggestions and try to do it this way: Lexington Region, Louisville Region, Chains, Frozen. Sorry if I don't include the gas station pizza from the Paintsville BP station.

Pizza Chains Bracket - Set unless there are any objections or reasonable replacements
In alphabetical order
Dominos
Donatos
Godfathers
Jets
Little Caesars
Papa Johns
Pizza Hut
Sbarro

Lexington Pizza Bracket - Will take suggestions on replacing places in bold.
In alphabetical order
Brooklyn
Goodfellas
Joe Bologna's
Mad Mushroom
Mellow Mushroom
Pie and Pints
Puccini's

Sir Pizza

They don't even make their crust, or at least they didn't when they opened.

That's an immediate & embarrassing disqualification for a "Pizzeria".
Give me 8 Louisville places. I've only been to chains and that underground one downtown where they have punk groups play.

Southwestern Indiana suggestions
Turoni's - Evansville
DiMaggio's - Mt. Vernon

Edit: St Joe Inn (tavern)....I'm usually hammered when I get it, but it tastes good at the time?

Frozen Pizza Bracket - Sorry. Gotta be able to find it at Meijer, WalMart or the Krog. Will take reasonable suiggestions
In alphabetical order
California Pizza Kitchen
Digiorno
Freschetta
Home Run Inn
Kroger/Walmart
Red Baron
Tombstone
Totinos

Last edited:
Lexington Pizza Bracket - Will take suggestions on replacing places in bold.
In alphabetical order
Brooklyn
Goodfellas
Joe Bologna's
Mad Mushroom
Mellow Mushroom
Pie and Pints
Puccini's

Sir Pizza
I'd switch Donato's and Mellow Mushroom. Donato's is a much smaller chain.

Marco's for chain.

Reactions: funKYcat75
Pizza Chains Bracket - Set unless there are any objections or reasonable replacements
In alphabetical order
Dominos
Donatos
Godfathers
Jets
Little Caesars
Papa Johns
Pizza Hut
Sbarro

You need a premium chains vs. shitass chains. I haven't had all of those, but I feel like donatons, godfathers, maybe sbarro do not belong with those others.

BUT I EAT LIL C'S AND LOVE IT, SO MAYBE DONT WORRY ABOUT MY SUGGESTIONS.

And you gotta figure out where pizza rolls go. Need an "other" category for rolls, bagels, pockets, whatever....or maybe just give pizza rolls a bye, and match them up with the winner of the traditional frozen section.

Reactions: GonzoCat90
1.) I do my Louisville Top 50 Pizza Power Rankings every few years

2.) You have no business starting any thread about cheese after the way you've treated it for years, and I will not participate.
But it's cheese where cheese belongs. We can get make a Cincinnati region instead if Louisville doesn't want to play.

And the "Official Pizza of UK Athletics"

iu

lmao where toppings are free apparently? I've never wanted to fire Mitch so bad.

Reactions: cawoodsct
Spinelli's and The Original Impellizerri's would be the only Louisville joints I could add unless you want to consider Boombozz which now has a place in Jeffersonville and someone said that one was coming to Nashville. I have ate at Wicks but I am not a thick crust person. Lots of cheese though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT