ADVERTISEMENT

De Sousa suspended indefinitely

am guessing ku takes the opportunity after the big 12’s verdict (i presume multiple games) to make themselves look better by suspending de sousa for the whole year, while everyone else comes back quick. that’d be the ku thing to do.

It’s meaningless even if it’s a perma-ban because SDS is one of Kansas’ worst players, and hardly gets off the bench.

Still, “indefinite” is a word deliberately selected because it is meaningless but sounds scary. The school retains complete discretion over an “indefinite” suspension, so it could be as a little as a single game or even no games at all. I expect the school to conclude after a week or two that SDS has learned his lesson.

It’s meaningless even if it’s a perma-ban because SDS is one of Kansas’ worst players, and hardly gets off the bench.

Still, “indefinite” is a word deliberately selected because it is meaningless but sounds scary. The school retains complete discretion over an “indefinite” suspension, so it could be as a little as a single game or even no games at all. I expect the school to conclude after a week or two that SDS has learned his lesson.
if he’s expendable and the program’s looking bad why not make it permanent? seems like a no brainer to me. that way you bring back everyone else and still make yourself look authoritative.

Reactions: Blueaz
Self just punting responsibility to discipline his own players to the Big 12. What a joke.

If he had balls and wanted to show people he had some character, he'd quit this half-assed punishment crap and lay down the hammer with kicking multiple kids off the team, permanently.

Reactions: KFuqua
Oh well. Its done. So lets move on. #3 Kansas vs Tenn

Since azubuike gets hurt so often self can’t dismiss him off the team. He sucks so self isn’t to worried. But if buke gets hurt he will need something big and stupid to sit in the paint. Notice McCormack who is serviceable avoids anything at the moment cause self needs him. If that was Dotson instead of sds self would be in full denial mode cause without Dotson they really don’t have a chance. Same sh it different day. Big 12 will slap them on the wrist and business as usual. Few in the media will call out self and that dumpster fire program he has. Give it a week and no one will be talking about it.
In reality the big 12 should ban sds and McCormack for the season. Two home games with no students in the student section. Multiple one game suspensions. Now k state should be punished to I just don’t enough about who was involved on their end to be banned.

give credit to Kansas. That sh it hole is just being the spoiled kid we all see from a distance and blame their parents. Kids need limits. Kansas has pushed the boundaries so far with their filth that they will continue to act like this until someone steps in and punishes them. Self has a super long leash. Calipari has one about a inch long. Just have to deal with it and why I’m being turned off by college basketball as a whole.

Wade is still coaching lsu lol. Let that really sink in.

Self just punting responsibility to discipline his own players to the Big 12. What a joke.

If he had balls and wanted to show people he had some character, he'd quit this half-assed punishment crap and lay down the hammer with kicking multiple kids off the team, permanently.

If he came down hard on the players, they might tell what they know about the corruption that has been going on at KU for years. But if the conference does something, Self can say, “Guys, I tried to get them to go easy on you.”

If he came down hard on the players, they might tell what they know about the corruption that has been going on at KU for years. But if the conference does something, Self can say, “Guys, I tried to get them to go easy on you.”
Exactly.

I am just waiting for the rug doctor to say since there all great kids and speak seven languages they should be allowed to play right away. Lastly the big twelve has investigated the incident and Kansas St was totally to blame !

It'll be interesting to see if any more suspensions come out of this. I don't think there will be, but who knows. One thing for sure is Squeaky isn't suspending anyone on K-State's team for some reason.

Lol. I forgot my dang password and finally remembered it. I suspect he'll be held out about 6 games. He is basically not playing now anyway and I would also think he will be asked not to return next year.
Why would he be asked not to return ? He is a great kid and speaks seven languages and Exemplifies what the Jailhawks are all about . He could be the poster boy for your scummy ass program

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Was he the same guy that was stomping someone on the ground? That's worse I think.

Probably suspendee for the Tenn game, which doesnt factor into the conference race, and then hes back the next game.

This is Self and BIG 12 hedging bets. Self has been negotiating with them today, Im sure, working out a "reasonable" deal that will allow both to somewhat save face - and allow their crown jewel team to remain safe and relevant. Pathetic. Self will say "We will honor what the conference says... Bruce and I talked and both feel badly" The conference office is faceless compared to Self and will take one for the conference... again and KU will skate... again.

They play again at K-State 2/29/2020... should be very interesting. I bet the conference pays out the nose for some extra security... but sadly they need to secure the KU Thugs....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT