ADVERTISEMENT

Davonta Lee

I said you win, I will not argue UK needs to improve it's recruiting to get to where everyone wants it to be.

But that was never the opposing view. You can set up straw man arguments and mistate others’ views if that is the UGA way. But, it does not help your position.

Lee’s announcement will be televised.
Lee — a high school teammate of UK quarterback commitment Amani Gilmore — is expected to stay close to home and sign with Louisiana State. Lee is scheduled to announce his college decision at 1 p.m. on ESPN2.

Ding, ding, ding, ding!!!!

Grumpy posted the ultimate answer to his own question(s).

Now reverse the formula, Grumpy.

I notice in all your posts, above, you do not strongly state Georgia is not cheating . . . you address the issue by asking if Cal cheats, or asking if Kirby’s work habits are his key to success.

Yeah.

Ok.

I was a precocious teenager when I heard adults making the same points regarding Fran Curci’s tactics.

You’re an older Dog than I am a Cat, Grumpy. We are too old to fool ourselves or anyone else.

We both know how this has worked for generations, and the best any of us can do is (1) not participate directly, and (2) hope that what we know was going on just a few years ago isn’t going on now.

My sources?

No less a “clean” Coach as Bill Curry asked around in the 1990’s where his “recruiting help” was? When asked what he meant, he told some trusted UK folks that at both Georgia Texh and Bama there were boosters he never met and whose names he never knew [or wanted to know] who “assisted the program” in recruiting.

Let’s not kid ourselves. If we each want to believe our respective programs are clean, so be it.

But we can be reasonably certain that 5 star athletes in both major sports can command a price just as Cam Newton did with Auburn. The sCam situation was a little different from most, as a banking investigation and another SEC school briefly lifted the blanket of what I frankly believe is normal, for a little peak.

Back in the nineties, folks with whom I’m closely associated had to tell “Preacher” Bill Curry that they were unaware of a hidden group of wealthy men who assisted the program in recruiting. But we all felt a bit justified in our long held suspicions as to how our friends in the Deep South operated.

So back at ya’ Grumpy!

Don’t you think Cal’s winning smile keeps UK in the Top 3 in roundball recruiting?

Man, I’ve heard that Kirby Smart could sell Confederate bonds to Yankee Bankers, and twice on Sundays, as he just don’t sleep on it!!!!!

Yeah.

Sure!!!

If Tech and Bama has those folk, you have to believe Georgia does, as well. I wonder if Kirby Smart could recruit as well without the silent money.

Reactions: EastLansingCat
Yeah I've abandoned hope on the Lee long shot. Would be nice but my LSU fan friends on another sec forum believe he's always been locked in.

If Tech and Bama has those folk, you have to believe Georgia does, as well. I wonder if Kirby Smart could recruit as well without the silent money.

Maybe you are not playing UGA stupid. Maybe it’s not an act. If not, I apologize. You may just not be capable of understanding.

Before you make a statement like that you should do a little research, but why would you worry about facts, just spew your opinion like it is a fact. But to help you out, try looking up,the academic rankings of pubic institutions before making anymore comments.

Reactions: HCaulfield
Before you make a statement like that you should do a little research, but why would you worry about facts, just spew your opinion like it is a fact. But to help you out, try looking up,the academic rankings of pubic institutions before making anymore comments.

Yeah, that is a great point. SMH

Yeah, that is a great point. SMH

It's a factual point if you bothered to look it up.

But regardless of all that, I have never talked down or disrespected UK nor it's players. Mid season I said BS26 was one of the top backs in the country and Josh Allen was likely the top edge rusher in the country. Long before the 18 season I said Stoops and his staff did a great job of developing the talent he had. But I also said he needed to set his sites higher on the recruiting front if he was going to take UK to where the fans want the program. I don't really see how any logical person can disagree with that.

Look at who did well in the playoffs, is it teams who are finding hidden gems and developing them or is it teams signing blue chip prospects and developing them?

If signing top prospects wasn't important why this thread to begin with?

I know debating you is useless, you don't ever present any facts and throw out some random opinion lime it's a fact when it's something you have made up, you know like having a degree from UGA is easy. Obviously you didn't check average frosh incoming test scores, acceptance rates or academic rankings or you would have went in a different direction.

But, I really don't know what started your issue with me, I could say UK's colors were blue and white and you would want to argue about it.

I am not making anything up, and tired of looking it up, I'm not your flunky, a long time ago, you look it up. It is available, since you know how to do it, I am busy right now. Don't forget to come back when you find it, I need some backup, but I don't really want to or need to get involved in trading insults, like you seem to want to do.

Why don't you start with working on the ONE thing he did for football above the BARE MINIMUM in his FIRST decade here (before the crap hit the fan) first, and don't forget to post it here. I am sure others would be interested in that, since I have challenged a lot of his worshippers to do it with ZERO responses so far.

I don't hate mb, I hate what he did (didn't do) to our football program, from averaging capacity at all the home games in 07 to TWO consecutive TWO (OOC gimmes) win seasons, and losing 15,000 season ticket holders in the process. His main focus was in pleasing the ones that had influence. He lost untold donations also, and the "microwave fans" insult to some of the longest suffering fans ever was a big factor. Since you are so interested why don't you try to look up the long running thread on here where dozens of football fans said they would like to donate to football projects but wouldn't donate a dime as long as mitch was in charge.
Your continued and long boring, embarrassing comments on Mitch really gets old. Your long drawn out posts only show a fan with no life except this forum.

Reactions: rupp876
It's a factual point if you bothered to look it up.

But regardless of all that, I have never talked down or disrespected UK nor it's players. Mid season I said BS26 was one of the top backs in the country and Josh Allen was likely the top edge rusher in the country. Long before the 18 season I said Stoops and his staff did a great job of developing the talent he had. But I also said he needed to set his sites higher on the recruiting front if he was going to take UK to where the fans want the program. I don't really see how any logical person can disagree with that.

Look at who did well in the playoffs, is it teams who are finding hidden gems and developing them or is it teams signing blue chip prospects and developing them?

If signing top prospects wasn't important why this thread to begin with?

I know debating you is useless, you don't ever present any facts and throw out some random opinion lime it's a fact when it's something you have made up, you know like having a degree from UGA is easy. Obviously you didn't check average frosh incoming test scores, acceptance rates or academic rankings or you would have went in a different direction.

But, I really don't know what started your issue with me, I could say UK's colors were blue and white and you would want to argue about it.

It always facinates me in a thread like this the hypocrite (you) who argues forever and then claims the other person is the reason debating is useless.

And, no one but you said that signing top prospects was not necessary to winning championships. You’re the only person who has suggested as much. No one else.

So, maybe you are arguing with yourself, because you don’t seem to understand the opposing view.

By the way Grump, I am sure you dated some pretty girls (I am also sure they were really smart, too, because of UGA’s academic ranking) but why didn’t you marry Christy Brinkley or Elle Macpherson? You will never date a super model if you don’t try.

Your continued and long boring, embarrassing comments on Mitch really gets old. Your long drawn out posts only show a fan with no life except this forum.

Feel free not to read them, always new recruits on here.

By the way, do you want to TRY to name ONE thing above the bare minimum he did for UK football BEFORE the strike? And did you notice mebeblue2 jumping all over my FACTS (didn't publish half of them) and that he ended up publishing numbers which verified them?

Oh, and thanks for bringing it up again, lol.

But I also said he needed to set his sites higher on the recruiting front if he was going to take UK to where the fans want the program. I don't really see how any logical person can disagree with that.

I am not claiming to be Mr. Logical, but I still disagree with what you're saying. Stoops has been targeting the best of the best ever since he took over a 2-10 UK team. So much so that teams like OSU, Miami, and others have pounced on our early commits frequently and flipped them after they emerge in the rankings.

Kentucky doesn't need to start targeting higher level prospects. That's never been an issue. They need to start landing the top ones that they do target. Something they have been doing at a staggering rate since December. As I pointed out elsewhere, a class full of 25 players like Weaver, Taylor, Casey, Mosely, Dobson, Ward, and Devonshire would only be ranked around #20, but fully capable of competing and beating anyone on the schedule.

Stoops has been recruiting like he was at an upper echelon SEC school since day 1. He just hasn't been landing the recruits that he has ranked near the top of his big board until recently.

If you look back at the top 250 players from Ohio, Georgia, Kentucky, and Florida over the last few years, a whole lot of them received their first SEC offer from Kentucky.

By the way Grump, I am sure you dated some pretty girls (I am also sure they were really smart, too, because of UGA’s academic ranking) but why didn’t you marry Christy Brinkley or Elle Macpherson? You will never date a super model if you don’t try.

You misspelled "Christie"...

You can explain UT with a couple of ideas:
1. They have more resources, read cash, the spend on recruiting then UK does
2. They have kids who grew up wanting to play for UT
3. Sure, they might not have had recent success, but they are still a named program
4. Established relationships with high school coaches

Now, name one program with a history similar to UK who is reeling in better classes than UK?

Just saw where UT offered more players than any other team for this recruiting cycle.

https://amp.si.com/college-football/2019/02/05/uncommittable-offers-recruiting-national-signing-day

He’s not wrong about Mitch. Mitch couldn’t have cared less about football until we put an end to it. Rich Brooks would’ve done special things with the right support. He started caring the day we put 15000 in a 67000 seat stadium and watched a 40-0 massacre. Back to Brooks, he has basically acknowledged he left Kentucky because of the support.

Reactions: jauk11
He’s not wrong about Mitch. Mitch couldn’t have cared less about football until we put an end to it. Rich Brooks would’ve done special things with the right support. He started caring the day we put 15000 in a 67000 seat stadium and watched a 40-0 massacre. Back to Brooks, he has basically acknowledged he left Kentucky because of the support.
This is complete and total BS.

I swear some people hate Grumpy just because of his name. Guys been posting here for years, usually contributes good information, and some are just out to run him off because he’s a Georgia fan. At the end of the day something someone else says shouldn’t be getting people so butthurt

Reactions: Levibooty
This is complete and total BS.

So that’s why we had Joker Phillips as a head coach and a AD that basically talked shit about the fans basically mocking us die hards?

I don’t even hate Mitch but I used to. He came in here and all he knew was basketball. When I used to work for WKYT I would occasionally talk to him at the games, he wasn’t very likable. That’s not to say the guy has changed and tried to do a good job and I do respect that.

Do they still have more than twice UK's football recruiting budget? I would guess so.

Is there nothing that will trigger your hatred? Your agenda is more important than even a discussion about improving the program. As I recall coaches were asked directly about the size of the recruiting budget and denied that it should have been increased. But if you are still unsatisfied you can check out that link.

Reactions: mebeblue2
I swear some people hate Grumpy just because of his name. Guys been posting here for years, usually contributes good information, and some are just out to run him off because he’s a Georgia fan. At the end of the day something someone else says shouldn’t be getting people so butthurt

Yeah, I get it. No one can say anything about Grumpy without some fans getting butt hurt. They love that he is a Georgia fan posting on this site, making all of his Georgia analogies. Disagree with him or call him out for being biased and some fans want to be the Grumpy Defender. He is off limits! He doesn’t say bad things about UK! That’s fine.

But, I don’t care. I rarely respond to any of his stories about how Georgia does it or how Richt did this or how Smart approaches issues or how Georgia did that or how they once had a player who is similar to a UK player or how he despises certain coaches or teams in the SEC, etc.

I can take the “Grumpy hate” claims when I think he states ridiculous things or obnoxiously defends the Georgia AD or acts like there is no way under heaven that Smart wanted Gran as an OC. He is just another fan to me.

Reactions: EastLansingCat
I don’t even hate Mitch but I used to. He came in here and all he knew was basketball. When I used to work for WKYT I would occasionally talk to him at the games, he wasn’t very likable. That’s not to say the guy has changed and tried to do a good job and I do respect that.

(1) Mitch’s background was more football than basketball.

(2) Seems your problem is personal from a few interactions with the man. I met the guy once, in a stairwell of the Galt House on the way to a football luncheon. He did not know me from Adam, but was nice and candid about how he hoped he did not have to say anything at the podium and could just eat his lunch with the fans. Seemed likable, a bit of an introvert, but like you, my sample size was small. I will conclude we really don’t know him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT