ADVERTISEMENT

Jayveon Campbell

mrschwump

All-American
Nov 4, 2006
Rowland has a pay article on this player but there's free vid on him, do yourself a solid and check this guy out. He has superstar written all over him. He's pretty raw, new to football but is a DL who can really run, terrific size. The thought of UK teaming him with Brian Robinson, the Smiths et al....makes me all tingly. From Western Hills, he's blowing up big time, lots of competition but VM's in there swinging. Check him out.

Notre Dame pushing hard. He has already set up a return trip to them in April. Wants to make his decision before his senior year begins. Right now the only ranking he has is considered the #42 best edge. He is so new to football will take a while to be evaluated correctly. Already 6-5 260, will he go from an edge to a DE? His body actually looks lean for that size.

Notre Dame pushing hard. He has already set up a return trip to them in April. Wants to make his decision before his senior year begins. Right now the only ranking he has is considered the #42 best edge. He is so new to football will take a while to be evaluated correctly. Already 6-5 260, will he go from an edge to a DE? His body actually looks lean for that size.
He actually looks bigger than his listed size. Can't believe I'm about to say this....this player reminds me of Art Still. Long way to go and he's going to have a lot of skrilla thrown at him. But he's the kind of player needed if we expect UK to move up the ladder.

Rowland has a pay article on this player but there's free vid on him, do yourself a solid and check this guy out. He has superstar written all over him. He's pretty raw, new to football but is a DL who can really run, terrific size. The thought of UK teaming him with Brian Robinson, the Smiths et al....makes me all tingly. From Western Hills, he's blowing up big time, lots of competition but VM's in there swinging. Check him out.
I watched his film. My only question is the level of competition. He was dominating, but how often do you see a DE that outweigh an OT by 50 pounds? In several of the shots he looked like he was playing in the wrong age group. The guy is definitely a beast. Hope he makes it to some camps with top talent to see how he measures up against the best.

I watched his film. My only question is the level of competition. He was dominating, but how often do you see a DE that outweigh an OT by 50 pounds? In several of the shots he looked like he was playing in the wrong age group. The guy is definitely a beast. Hope he makes it to some camps with top talent to see how he measures up against the best.
Always wonder about competition while watching film but what I look at is how well a guy runs plus his strength. It's not his fault that he outweighs a guy by 50 # but if speed and effort's there the guy can play and this player checks those boxes. Does UK get him on campus?

I recall the first time I saw film on Calvin Taylor. Here was this monster of a guy, twice the size it appeared than his opponents playing at a teeny-tiny school in GA but he could really run well. He ended up being a 3 year contributor at UK, 2 year starter who got a NFL look. About all you can hope for.

Always wonder about competition while watching film but what I look at is how well a guy runs plus his strength. It's not his fault that he outweighs a guy by 50 # but if speed and effort's there the guy can play and this player checks those boxes. Does UK get him on campus?

I recall the first time I saw film on Calvin Taylor. Here was this monster of a guy, twice the size it appeared than his opponents playing at a teeny-tiny school in GA but he could really run well. He ended up being a 3 year contributor at UK, 2 year starter who got a NFL look. About all you can hope for.
In all things, look at traits moreso than product. You can teach a lot of things but effort isn't one of them. Character isn't one of them. Determination isn't one of them.

In other words, if you have someone with the physical tools but possesses those traits, there's a good likelyhood of success. Just my worthless take.

I checked the film in the Rivals’ link, above.

Impressive.

He brings to my mind watching Dennis Johnson in the late 90’s.

He has good speed, generally, but his closing speed impressed me the most. Just when you think the smaller offensive player will bust a speedy move to escape, Campbell busts the speedy move for the tackle.

He seems to have good field instincts, and like DJ at Harrodsburg back in the day, he crosses the field and runs down players from behind, 40 yards from the original LOS.

He isn’t rated for Stars, yet, but if this guy isn’t a 4 Star, I’ll eat my hat!!!

I checked the film in the Rivals’ link, above.

Impressive.

He brings to my mind watching Dennis Johnson in the late 90’s.

He has good speed, generally, but his closing speed impressed me the most. Just when you think the smaller offensive player will bust a speedy move to escape, Campbell busts the speedy move for the tackle.

He seems to have good field instincts, and like DJ at Harrodsburg back in the day, he crosses the field and runs down players from behind, 40 yards from the original LOS.

He isn’t rated for Stars, yet, but if this guy isn’t a 4 Star, I’ll eat my hat!!!

Does he have a HIGH interest in ND? How about UK?

You spent a season being Coach Coen, but he left.

Hey, I like a laugh as much as the next guy, but the joke wears a tad thin after months.

If you look in the mirror and laugh each morning, I guess it does not matter if anyone else likes the joke or not.

Reactions: The-Hack
Btw he just recently broke the WHHS scoring record in basketball, and just hit a buzzer beater in the 1st round of their district tournament to put out their crosstown rivals Franklin County (who are coincidentally coached by Tre Mitchell’s step dad).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT