ADVERTISEMENT

Davis expected to sign with Arkansas

The facts are losing early happens to great coaches. Cal just had a run of bad luck for 4 years. What happened the previous years? And what's Cal's record with Payne on his staff? Facts still remain that Self has lost in the round of 32 in 4 of the last 5 years.
lol you should take a closer look at Kal’s tournament history at UK. It wasn’t just the last 4 years that he shit the bed. For the most part he’s been absolute dog shit in the tournament for nearly a decade. Plus Payne isn’t the key to Kal’s success. He was only helpful with recruiting and coddling players after Kal destroyed their confidence. John Robic was the one responsible for on court success. He took care of all game planning. He’s long gone and Kal won’t even scout opponents. Your team will go into games not having a clue what the other team does.

Cal at Memphis also had a 9 point lead with under 2:00 remaining in the National Championship game vs Kansas and LOST. The most important game of his life and he couldn’t close the deal. Epic collapse.
He was up 4 against Wisconsin. They were gassed, hands on hips. Instead of running them ragged for the last few minutes to victory. He slowed the game down, let them catch a breather, and lost.

This is not Kentucky news. It is s good win for Arky, but not a loss for UK. I could care less who any team in the SEC outside of Kentucky signs. Let's focus on the future of our program and stop feeding the thread bumps (I realize I am bumping this thread by posting this). Way too much concern what is happening at Calipari U. He moved on, now let's move on.
Is Davis a PG, CG or SG?
247 lists him as a 1-Year rental SG. He is also the newest millionaire in the state of Arkansas.

Good thing Cal is no longer here as he gets every stud player left and right to go to Arkansas.

Can't wait to see Arkansas in the Final 4.
giphy.gif

Cal is going to get players lol. That’s never really been his issue. He had two top ten picks in his backcourt and brought them both off the bench lmaoooo
How soon they forget, eh?
Yeah, Calipari will get players, he'll get talented players who will get drafted and then he'll talk about draft night being the biggest night in Arkansas history. The most dedicated Arkansas fans will balk at that, but so long as the team wins, they'll ignore their better judgment, in the same way UK fans did 14 years ago when he did the very same thing here.

But what good has all the talent done for Calipari? In 5 years, ZERO (0) SEC tournament wins and 1 total NCAA tournament win. 2 losses to double-digit seeds for the first time in UK history. Worst 4-year record in the SEC-T in UK hostory. 4 straight home losses for the first time in UK history. His last 5 seasons were historic at UK, just the wrong kind of history. If Cal doesn't have some kind of personal revival, there is no good reason to believe anything will change when it matters most.

I find myself with this overwhelming need to blame cal like I have the last several years.

Cal's had much better classes at UK. I don't see what the big deal is other than the insane amount of money it took to get him, but I guess a lot of players are getting more to stay in college than go late second round.

Would Davis not possibly go 1st round though? I thought Cal was all about getting these kids to the league?

2 lottery picks in the worst draft EVER and had two years of Oscar-focused team who is Dakari Johnson level talent the last 4 years. Boosters had to get political and pull NIL money for Cal to not sell out his players or the program. Cal is going to eat like a pig.
When did Dakari Johnson win NPOY and average almost 20 boards a game?

And when Cal gets a team where his best players are the hardest workers and alpha leaders, he wins. It’s going to happen sooner than later.
cal may win again. I personally wouldn’t shocked if he did. But him not getting it done the last few years isn’t about the best players not working hard. I don’t believe Rob Reed and reaves didn’t work hard and reaves was the clear leader of this team.

Good thing Cal is no longer here as he gets every stud player left and right to go to Arkansas.

Lol. Are you for real? How many stud players has he had since his last final 4?
Cal has lost himself. It's easy to see Everytime he's in front of the camera.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot

Had a feeling you were never a UK fan but thanks for confirming it. Seems you just like to claim you are part of something when it’s convenient for you. My little cousin does that.

Last edited:
The facts are losing early happens to great coaches. Cal just had a run of bad luck for 4 years. What happened the previous years? And what's Cal's record with Payne on his staff? Facts still remain that Self has lost in the round of 32 in 4 of the last 5 years.
You mean the guy who won like 8 games over his entire head coaching tenure? That guy is gonna magically save him? Bad luck? No, one year is bad luck. This is a trend. We knew as far back as 2009 that he could get out coached by far less talent, 2015 cemented that fact. He isn’t even in the same ball park as a coach now as he was then in this new era of basketball. No amount of “luck” or talent will get him past a couple rounds now. He will choke because he gets tight, his teams get tight, and he doesn’t know how to make adjustments to help them when it matters.

Right because Mark Pope will probably make one this year or next. You know, the dude who has been coaching 9 years and has only made the NCAA Tournament twice. You know the guy who has zero NCAA Tournament wins, never won a conference regular season title, never won a Conference Tournament championship. Has lost 10 games or more every year except for the 2 covid shortened years. They guy who just got blown out by Duquesne. Too funny how y’all don’t apply the same standards to every coach.

Remember that time y’all were outraged when Mark Pope was hired and you were begging for Bruce Pearl who you think is great despite having the same run as Cal since covid? Your hatred for Cal is strong that you apply different standards. UK has to easily be the fakest fanbase in sports. Y’all should get an award for coping.
Stop hiding behind burner accounts

I don’t mean to state the obvious here, but we ALWAYS got the great players here with Cal. Always! We were ranked every year because of it.

But! At Cal’s zenith, it took Anthony Davis to win that national championship. Without him, we are in the gutter again. I mean, Cal put together arguably the best team Kentucky had seen in 2014-2015, with multi-year starters, and couldn’t beat a Wisconsin team that quite frankly wasn’t even close to our player level.

If anything, Cal is a great recruiter, but how he finishes with that recruitment has always been suspect. I will not miss anyone who falls for his pitch.

UK has a coach now who gives a damn about the university, is going to help make his players better, and who will actually scheme plays. I wouldn’t give that up for any recruit.

Anyway. Oh no. Cal has players who score a bunch. We are doomed. Blah blah blah.

Reactions: RunninRichie

Go cheer for the Hogs then. Or any of the other gazillion teams that you claim to like. You seriously think that Cal is going to be taking them to the Final 4? He hasn’t been there in nearly a decade and hasn’t been out of the first weekend in FIVE years.

Last edited:
Right, he had a terrible run, we should probably remove his name from the rafters. I guess this proves how awful Kentucky basketball is. Cal sucked, Gillispie was garbage, Cal was better than Tubby, Sutton, and Hall by every objective measure. I guess UK basketball is a couple of good years with Pitino and Rupp before the game was integrated.
lol you’re hilarious. But in all seriousness, I feel bad for you Razorback fans. You have no idea what you’re getting into yet, but you will find out. I wish you the best with your new Volvo. That car is pretty on the outside, but complete dogsh*t when it comes to everything else.

Also, and this is something I never understood, It is weird that you had to create a second account to keep bashing UK fans. That is a tremendous amount of effort given for no good reason. I know you’re hoping for some nasty banter here, but I just want to know if you’re okay.

Are you okay?

From your posts this season it appears that you despise religion. Can you even utter the last name of our new coach without falling ill ? Have fun screaming pig soohey. Replace UK with Arkansas on your wall of favorite teams.

Last edited:
Right because Mark Pope will probably make one this year or next. You know, the dude who has been coaching 9 years and has only made the NCAA Tournament twice. You know the guy who has zero NCAA Tournament wins, never won a conference regular season title, never won a Conference Tournament championship. Has lost 10 games or more every year except for the 2 covid shortened years. They guy who just got blown out by Duquesne. Too funny how y’all don’t apply the same standards to every coach.

Remember that time y’all were outraged when Mark Pope was hired and you were begging for Bruce Pearl who you think is great despite having the same run as Cal since covid? Your hatred for Cal is strong that you apply different standards. UK has to easily be the fakest fanbase in sports. Y’all should get an award for coping.
Arkansas forum is this way pal……….

Reactions: Fox2monk
Put Arkansas logo in place of Kentucky, Henrymuto. You were only a cal bandwagon fan anyway lol.
A lot of these guys who are Calipari ride or dies, aren't attracted to wins and championships. But they're attracted to all the sexy recruits, and ''swag''. The Drake at BBM, the NBA highlights, the swaggy cal with sunglasses gif. Who cares if we aren't getting NBA superstar studs? As long as we are winning games and going to final fours, winning titles. I personally don't care if we never have another NBA all star. Cal put enough guys into the league for a lifetime. Almost 40.

Calipari's fun to watch in the summer and the beginning of the season when his talent is overwhelming cupcakes.
Overwhelming cupcakes? Robert Morris, Evansville, Richmond, St Peters and Oakland were just some examples of cupcakes not being overwhelmed playing a bunch of 5 stars still in diapers.

Glad that crap is gone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT