ADVERTISEMENT

Dalton Knecht

Dilly has a good chance to be a lock down defender if they keep using him there. He did a decent job at the end of the game sticking to Wade like glue.

We don't play Tenn for a while.. cal usually finds an on ball defender towards the end of the season. Don't be shocked if it's Dilly and his sole purpose is to just be a menace to a guy like Knecht for 40 min.

Cal has shut down a LOT of teams best scorers in his time here.

Dilly has a good chance to be a lock down defender if they keep using him there. He did a decent job at the end of the game sticking to Wade like glue.

We don't play Tenn for a while.. cal usually finds an on ball defender towards the end of the season. Don't be shocked if it's Dilly and his sole purpose is to just be a menace to a guy like Knecht for 40 min.

If Dilly guarded him, he would get to the block and score at will or spend all night at the line.

Reactions: Zissou87 and rob_47

You are going to get blasted for thinking Rob can stop Knecht. There is a huge size difference in those two for one.

No he’s not but we are still good. I believe we will defend at a level that we need to win. That’s all that matters. We won’t be 2015 Cats but we can be the 2017 Cats on defense.
Kentucky is good but they will not make the second weekend of the tourney or get close if the defense doesn’t improve even a little, adou will help some, but all these other players have to get a little better. Kentucky cannot win by simply looking to out gun people in shootouts every game

I’m not worried about Kentucky being able to score at all, and knecht is a terrible defender he is cooked in that end. Our defense is why I can’t see this team making the second weekend of the tourney as of right now
We beat UNC on a neutral court already. You think our round of 32 opponent will be better than UNC? C’mon now.

We beat UNC on a neutral court already. You think our round of 32 opponent will be better than UNC? C’mon now.
They just let Texas A&M score 98 points on them. Yes I think a round of 32 opponent can score on Kentucky. They let Missouri who is terrible get whatever shot they wanted for 32 mins of the game. The defense is is god awful right now and will be what holds this team back unless they improve on that area

Kentucky is good but they will not make the second weekend of the tourney or get close if the defense doesn’t improve even a little, adou will help some, but all these other players have to get a little better. Kentucky cannot win by simply looking to out gun people in shootouts every game
Of course they need to but to say we can’t outscore two lower ranked teams in the tournament is goofy. Of course we can. It’s after we get there where we need to improve.

Of course they need to but to say we can’t outscore two lower ranked teams in the tournament is goofy. Of course we can. It’s after we get there where we need to improve.
The tournament is half court slow paced basketball. Transition and fast break points get minimized. Kentucky cannot rely solely on getting 90 to win in the tournament as they may not get that themselves. If the defense doesn’t improve then Kentucky will get beat in the first weekend

You are going to get blasted for thinking Rob can stop Knecht. There is a huge size difference in those two for one.

3 inches? There's no reason a guy like Dilly couldn't just chase him around, like he did Wade Baldwin to end the game, and cause problems with Dalton getting the ball.

There is still a long ways to go before Dilly can do that at a high level, of course. If they played tomorrow, it's going to be a problem for sure, but we saw glimpses of it last game.. And most years, Cal finds a guy who is ready to lock down the opposing teams best players. Everyone from Lonzo Ball, to Riley LeChance to Fletcher Magee to Marshall Henderson and everyone in between. Cal has had a tendency to, as the season goes on, find a guy or two to throw at the opposing teams best defender, and take them out of their game.

No reason to think that couldn't be DIlly.. or.. someone else? Edwards? Thiero?

Last edited:
I'll have to admit I was wrong about him.
I figured the NBA would be on him if he was legit.
Looks to be every bit the player Podzemiski is and maybe more.
Should have been a first rounder in 23.
I don’t keep up with college basketball things other than UK as much these days so , ignorant question. Where did this guy come from ?

Reactions: sluggercatfan
3 inches? There's no reason a guy like Dilly couldn't just chase him around, like he did Wade Baldwin to end the game, and cause problems with Dalton getting the ball.

There is still a long ways to go before Dilly can do that at a high level, of course. If they played tomorrow, it's going to be a problem for sure, but we saw glimpses of it last game.. And most years, Cal finds a guy who is ready to lock down the opposing teams best players. Everyone from Lonzo Ball, to Riley LeChance to Fletcher Magee to Marshall Henderson and everyone in between. Cal has had a tendency to, as the season goes on, find a guy or two to throw at the opposing teams best defender, and take them out of their game.

No reason to think that couldn't be DIlly.. or.. someone else? Edwards? Thiero?
Riley LeChance??? I’m 80 and I’d have a shot

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT