ADVERTISEMENT

Dalton Knecht

This kid is a player. We have no one that can match up with him.
yet this coaching staff paid little attention to him in the portal
he is everything the UK forwards are not.....tough, can handle the ball, can score inside & out

yet this coaching staff paid little attention to him in the portal
he is everything the UK forwards are not.....tough, can handle the ball, can score inside & out
I do believe we offered him, right? Whether Cal should’ve tried harder is debatable, but it ain’t like we ignored him.

Nobody knew that Knecht would be THIS good, and nobody knew how much Edwards would struggle. Not sure how fair it is to Monday morning QB the coaching staff for this one. Can’t get em all.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
yes it is when it reflects on ccc's inability to coach
You really believe that?
The man has literally been in the game for probably 50 of his 63 yrs.
He hasn't learned anything?
Seems like he's had a lot of success in the game he doesn't understand.

3 inches? There's no reason a guy like Dilly couldn't just chase him around, like he did Wade Baldwin to end the game, and cause problems with Dalton getting the ball.

There is still a long ways to go before Dilly can do that at a high level, of course. If they played tomorrow, it's going to be a problem for sure, but we saw glimpses of it last game.. And most years, Cal finds a guy who is ready to lock down the opposing teams best players. Everyone from Lonzo Ball, to Riley LeChance to Fletcher Magee to Marshall Henderson and everyone in between. Cal has had a tendency to, as the season goes on, find a guy or two to throw at the opposing teams best defender, and take them out of their game.

No reason to think that couldn't be DIlly.. or.. someone else? Edwards? Thiero?
not a chance with dilly..dilly will lock up with the UT guards. edwards and theiro if he is back...

not a chance with dilly..dilly will lock up with the UT guards. edwards and theiro if he is back...

Yeah maybe that's the case. Although Dilly is only a little smaller than Knecht. The key with him is just not letting him get the ball.

Thiero might be the guy for the job. He's already a good defender, maybe he's the SF that we can just throw at the teams best offensive player.

I guess I just feel like we usually have someone like this towards the end of the season, and I see no reason why someone won't step up.

3 inches? There's no reason a guy like Dilly couldn't just chase him around, like he did Wade Baldwin to end the game, and cause problems with Dalton getting the ball.

There is still a long ways to go before Dilly can do that at a high level, of course. If they played tomorrow, it's going to be a problem for sure, but we saw glimpses of it last game.. And most years, Cal finds a guy who is ready to lock down the opposing teams best players. Everyone from Lonzo Ball, to Riley LeChance to Fletcher Magee to Marshall Henderson and everyone in between. Cal has had a tendency to, as the season goes on, find a guy or two to throw at the opposing teams best defender, and take them out of their game.

No reason to think that couldn't be DIlly.. or.. someone else? Edwards? Thiero?
I do recall one Immanuel Quickley guarding Nwora who was at least 3 inches taller. Seems he did a pretty good job though I admit he was a soph.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Actually just got out of jail last week. Forgot my password for my old account. I haven’t posted here since 2017. The name was something like GoBigBlue or something similar.
Did you get to watch all the games in jail?

Not judging, just curious how you came your prior opinion.

This guy wanted to be the main man and wouldn't have been a good fit on our team of unselfish players. Just IMO. We did offer so again can't make a player come here.

Actually just got out of jail last week. Forgot my password for my old account. I haven’t posted here since 2017. The name was something like GoBigBlue or something similar.

Let me guess.. you also are the assistant to the head coach of assistants for youth basketball?

I do recall one Immanuel Quickley guarding Nwora who was at least 3 inches taller. Seems he did a pretty good job though I admit he was a soph.

We had quite a few great defenders come through, who at least towards the end of the season, could be relied upon to affect the opposing teams offense. Liggins, MKG, IQ, Hagans, Briscoe, WCS, AD, Terrence Jones.

The guy has jacked up 220 shots already and 62 more than the 2nd guy on UT. He didn't want to come here and share shots.

We wouldn't have reeves if we had him. Reeves is better than him

I dont get the hand wringing over this guy.

Yep! We should’ve went all in for him! Cal won’t talk about NIL in recruiting, which is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard!
I can’t believe Cal said that. Why won’t he admit publicly to violating NCAA rules? Damn you CCC/Cow, get it together.

Yeah, Cal did not want him because he plays the same positions as Edwards. Just like Hunter Dickinson...Cal did not want him because he was afraid Bradshaw would transfer.
An incoming recruit who y’all claim only wanted to play the 4 would transfer if we brought in a center? How does that make sense?

An incoming recruit who y’all claim only wanted to play the 4 would transfer if we brought in a center? How does that make sense?

This guy is listed as a guard and is 6 6. We would have never got reeves back if he came here. There would be major chemistry as well with him demanding so many more shots than shep, Wagner and Dilly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT