ADVERTISEMENT

Dalton Kenect

Wagner wanted back in during the game. Calipari kept him out. Like he always does.

I think Cal does it solely for the perception that he just cares about his players more than the other guy. Bradshaw i somewhat understood because foot injuries are sketchy with big guys.

But Wagner was on a bike 10 minutes after he hurt it. That does not sound like a 2+ week ankle injury to me. It’s silly and all it does at this point is hurt his teams continuity and chemistry.

I've voiced my concern over Cal keeping players out longer than he needed to, overly cautious.

However that pendulum can swing both ways. If Tennessee's best player truly had a bad ankle sprain last week, I would not be playing him against George Mason. You start favoring a hobbled ankle, and that's how you cause a bigger injury to the other leg.

Reactions: grevey35
I've voiced my concern over Cal keeping players out longer than he needed to, overly cautious.

However that pendulum can swing both ways. If Tennessee's best player truly had a bad ankle sprain last week, I would not be playing him against George Mason. You start favoring a hobbled ankle, and that's how you cause a bigger injury to the other leg.
Cal is not overly cautious about the players. He's overly concerned about the NBA draft. Most coaches, upon finding out a player was physically cleared to play, would tell said player to rub some salt on it and get in there.

Badly sprained ankle last week. Playing tonight for UT. If he were at UK he wouldn’t play until January
Hell, if he was at UK.
The Punisher Marvel GIF by NETFLIX

He got his trophy then he basically quit. Anybody says anything to the contrary is a fool. That’s why so many Kentucky fans have come to dislike him. Not only does he not care about titles, he rubs your nose in it just to be a dick. Helen Keller could have coached that 2015 team to a title.

One of the most succinctly brilliant posts ever made here.

He got his trophy then he basically quit. Anybody says anything to the contrary is a fool. That’s why so many Kentucky fans have come to dislike him. Not only does he not care about titles, he rubs your nose in it just to be a dick. Helen Keller could have coached that 2015 team to a title.
One of the best posts I’ve seen on here!!!

Reactions: NociHTTP
Anyone that believes he had a “badly sprained ankle” last week and is playing this week is a moron

Jeff Sheppard had a severe high ankle sprain and led the cats to an SEC tournament championship on it, then to a national championship 3 weeks later.

But then, he wasn’t a projected first rounder. He also had a basketball coach, not a glorified agent.

Reactions: ala_kat2
I mean he came back 6 days later.

UKs next game was less than 4 days later.

I'm gonna hold off on bashing Wagner like some of you love to do. Let's see if he plays Saturday or not.

Not an athlete, he's a basketball player
The thing is, Knecht is actually a very good athlete too. He can drive and dunk on his defender, block shots and rebound well for a SF.

I also think Knecht would have been a better, more efficient player with UK's current team than TN's. I've watched TN a number times this season, and it seems to me that Knecht is asked to carry too much of the offense for TN; and this results in him trying to do too much at times.

Reactions: tug1543
I’d love to hear an example of a player who wanted to play and Cal hid him and wouldn’t allow it. I’ll wait….
You don't have to look far. I'm not saying it's a bad thing to protect a player from himself, but Wagner wanted to go back into the game he got injured.

The thing is, Knecht is actually a very good athlete too. He can drive and dunk on his defender, block shots and rebound well for a SF.

I also think Knecht would have been a better, more efficient player with UK's current team than TN's. I've watched TN a number times this season, and it seems to me that Knecht is asked to carry too much of the offense for TN; and this results in him trying to do too much at times.

Knecht is a terrible defender but he’d be better than Justin Edwards has been for us so far.

Reactions: tomrain
A cardboard cutout of Dick Fick would be a better defender than Edwards was the last game!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT