ADVERTISEMENT

Daimion Collins commits to LSU

I can't see how you can think Collins would be LSU's best player. IMO, he probably will get 15 MPG.

I didn't realize Baylor and Houston were closer. He definitely wouldn't find playing time at A&M though.
Houston would have been his best choice as far as improving his game.
Sampson is a very good coach

Now this kind of pisses me off.Yes closer to home but why not stay in Texas and not pick a school in competition with UK.
If he wasn't good enough to play for UK as believed by all the Cal supporters, why do you care where he goes? You should be jumping for joy at Cal having a chance to prove that he wasn't UK Caliber. Maybe you are afraid that Collins will show that Cal is the one who is no longer UK caliber.

Reactions: pappy52
Prove it.
Fascinating how your first response is "prove it," instead of simply denying it.
Refreshing Kermit The Frog GIF

Really really sorry to see him go. Wish him the best. Great kid . Yes this is all on Cal . Our whole system is broken. How do convince anyone you would want to come and play backup cleanup minutes behind freshmen even if the freshmen are not performing and killing the team .
that is Cal‘s record and the kids know it .

the number one rule in sales is to hold on to the customers you have . Same applies here . Cal can’t keep the players or their parents and handlers happy because the backups know they are getting screwed to allow freshmen play regardless of performance to hope they improve for their NBA stock .think Skal, BJ Boston.
what I don’t understand is if Cal commits to recruit Only one more big man at least he knows if he performs he could play 20 minutes plus spelling the 4 and 5 positions . Did Collins not come back because of the potential however remote of Oscar coming back ? Or did sitting on the bench watching Ware play convince him he was not in Cal’s plans anymore .
my guess is for our final three players we need to find freshman capable of becoming eventual starters but don’t mind sitting for a year . Cal needs to commit that in the future he will not recruit more than three one and dones in any year . The fact he has five is problematic because no one will believe they will play over them even if they deserve it .

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Got it. But it looks like he wanted to be as close to home with the best NIL.

I drive from Central KY almost monthly through Atlanta, TX on my way to Lufkin.

My point is Atlanta, TX is a long ways from Dallas and Houston. And it seems to relate much more to Louisiana than many may realize.
I agree with you.

That's a myth. The elite talent that has passed through UK on their way to NBA success were always going to end up there.
Yet another phony baloney credit falsely attributed to the used car salesman.
No wonder you are Blueworld. You sure are Blue all the time. Always negative. Hope things get better for you.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Collins develop into a solid prospect at LSU.

Cal has absolutely wasted lots of talent with his stubbornness and poor roster management. This off-season is like watching a slow motion train wreck.

I think it is most definitely a swipe at Cal. It gives Damion a chance to play against the coach that did very little to develop his game and buried him at the end of the bench. LSU is closer to his home than almost any other big school, but has that added bonus also.

Good luck Mr Collins!!! Hope you have a great bounce back year. I’ll be pulling for you against every team but one.
He based his decision on where to finish his college career on a swipe at Cal and not what’s best for him? Bwahahaha. I can’t stop laughing at them. Most definitely too. 🤡🤡

He based his decision on where to finish his college career on a swipe at Cal and not what’s best for him? Bwahahaha. I can’t stop laughing at them. Most definitely too. 🤡🤡
Well regardless of why he left UK,he did just transfer to an in conference school so I'm not sure you can't rule out a slight middle finger to anyone.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Gosh …. How miserable must the locker room be / dislike for coaching staff be for SO many talented guys to throw in the towel on staying and being a part of something. It’s obvious the team needs a different voice/ direction. I like Coach Cal … and have been pulling for him to turn it around. The cupboard was bare when he got here … and it is going to be bare when he steps down. It’s very disappointing to look at UK’s near future. Give me the team that wants to play for the name on the front of the jersey. Players first isn’t working …

Reactions: catben
when we lost Collins and Ware I thought no big deal because of the portal but now idk. Cal might have a plan. If so he's setting back laughing. Heck even if he doesn't have a plan he's still laughing at us.

We used to worry about how many of the players would go into the draft. Now, we have to worry about how many players are just simply going somewhere anywhere to get away from Cal.
Who is “we”?

I’m not worried about any of that.

Nor are the real world fans.

The couple dozen here? Yeah, they whine about it.

As for Collins, he’s just not good enough to play here. He couldn’t even beat out Toppin. Or Ware.

He’s a bust. And he is going close to home. Do some of y’all not know how to read a map?

Reactions: Chitown Terry
Remember when Collins was the one transfer that everyone understood because of the family issues and wanting to go home….

Pepperidge farm remembers.

Who is “we”?

As for Collins, he’s just not good enough to play here. He couldn’t even beat out Toppin. Or Ware.

He’s a bust. And he is going close to home. Do some of y’all not know how to read a map?
JUST SHUTUP ALREADY!!!!!!!!

Who is “we”?

Collins was good enough to play here.Perhaps he needed more development and teaching but if we had a damn coach that did that then things might have been different.He is just one of many that got the short leash under Cal.He could make a mistake and was jerked out as fast as he went in and never allowed to play thru it.Players transfer for many reasons and I harbor no bad feelings towards him for leaving.Maybe it was to get closer to home or maybe it was to keep his sanity or maybe he was looking for a place to be given a chance....wish him the best.

Collins was good enough to play here.Perhaps he needed more development and teaching but if we had a damn coach that did that then things might have been different.He is just one of many that got the short leash under Cal.He could make a mistake and was jerked out as fast as he went in and never allowed to play thru it.Players transfer for many reasons and I harbor no bad feelings towards him for leaving.Maybe it was to get closer to home or maybe it was to keep his sanity or maybe he was looking for a place to be given a chance....wish him the best.
He did play here. He deserved to play no more than about 5 minutes a game. That's exactly how much he played. There are a very few players who the Cal haters can claim were treated unfairly by Cal. Even they cannot say that about Collins. People on this forum ranted and raved against Collins and his poor play all season. Now, that he has transferred out, some of the Cal haters want to act like he was mistreated by Cal. The hypocrisy of the Cal haters is amazing to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT