ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

39° this morning for us with a high in the upper 60's expected. I'll take it. Starts going back up through the weekend to the mid to upper 80's for next week. Good fishing weather so...

Had oral surgery yesterday for my next level of dental implants. Now must wait for it to heal before the tooth is installed. Will do 6 of the lower front teeth area when done with this one.

Had a young dental assistant yesterday who struggled to get the IV for anesthesia in my right arm so, he shifted to the left arm and struggled until a female assistant helped him do it. He must be new; I thought being a ginny pig for medical staff to get practice in was over after I retired from the military. (@AustinTXCat) Silly me. He was apologizing profusely until I told him to stop apologizing, I am used to pain, I have been married to a woman for over 24 years now. He looked at his female partner I guess expecting ire from her. Instead, she just laughed shook her head.

Well, normal hump day has been shifted to tomorrow for this week so, I will save that for tomorrow.

Have a great day and God Bless the D-league.

Good morning folks. Cold and clear in the east.

Warrior, your story reminds me of when my wife was training to make her life change from media to RN. I can’t count the times I had to let her practice drawing blood or inserting IV bags into my perfectly healthy veins. Lots of bruising. If anyone noted I’d make a joke about “battered husband syndrome.” She got the hang of it eventually but many patients were spared by my sacrifice.

Beautiful morning here. Stars are very bright —Sirius, Rigel, Arcturus, Betelgeuse, Bellatrix, Vega, many others I’ve forgotten or never knew. I hope to spend some nights again where you can really see the stars like in younger days in west Texas or Alaska or the Saudi desert or East Africa. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen the Milky Way stretching out.

Hope you all have a good day.

Warrior, your story reminds me of when my wife was training to make her life change from media to RN. I can’t count the times I had to let her practice drawing blood or inserting IV bags into my perfectly healthy veins. Lots of bruising. If anyone noted I’d make a joke about “battered husband syndrome.” She got the hang of it eventually but many patients were spared by my sacrifice.

Beautiful morning here. Stars are very bright —Sirius, Rigel, Arcturus, Betelgeuse, Bellatrix, Vega, many others I’ve forgotten or never knew. I hope to spend some nights again where you can really see the stars like in younger days in west Texas or Alaska or the Saudi desert or East Africa. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen the Milky Way stretching out.

Agree with the view of the stars in a couple of those regions. I spent a month in Alaska for military winter training in the early 80's and for about a week in the mountains during the training. The view was amazing with the stars and Arora Borealis. In the Saudi desert even more so with the stars. Plus, with night vision one can get a better perspective to just how many stars fill the skies.

39° this morning for us with a high in the upper 60's expected. I'll take it. Starts going back up through the weekend to the mid to upper 80's for next week. Good fishing weather so...

Had oral surgery yesterday for my next level of dental implants. Now must wait for it to heal before the tooth is installed. Will do 6 of the lower front teeth area when done with this one.

Had a young dental assistant yesterday who struggled to get the IV for anesthesia in my right arm so, he shifted to the left arm and struggled until a female assistant helped him do it. He must be new; I thought being a ginny pig for medical staff to get practice in was over after I retired from the military. (@AustinTXCat) Silly me. He was apologizing profusely until I told him to stop apologizing, I am used to pain, I have been married to a woman for over 24 years now. He looked at his female partner I guess expecting ire from her. Instead, she just laughed shook her head.

Well, normal hump day has been shifted to tomorrow for this week so, I will save that for tomorrow.

Have a great day and God Bless the D-league.

HA

HA

Ought to have daughter(s) try that stuff on you, yeah both... Want "pain", just sit and watch them laugh and giggle while sticking you... (They knew I handle needles well.) Yeah, they had a ball....

Thought I'd have issues when I had my physicals, drug tests... Looked like a pin cushion...

Good morning all,

At the house today working BUT, must attend a ceremony tomorrow in the Pentagon.. Sigh...

HA

HA

Ought to have daughter(s) try that stuff on you, yeah both... Want "pain", just sit and watch them laugh and giggle while sticking you... (They knew I handle needles well.) Yeah, they had a ball....

Thought I'd have issues when I had my physicals, drug tests... Looked like a pin cushion...

Good morning all,

At the house today working BUT, must attend a ceremony tomorrow in the Pentagon.. Sigh...
HA

HA

HA

Combat life saver training and military doctors prepared me for yesterday's problems. Talk about pin cushion...

I guess people in KY will soon be able to buy legal pot. I guess it is just for medical, I haven't really followed it as I didn't figure it would effect me. Well, I have had my business property listed for sale for over a year with not a single looker. I have a cabin and six additional acres connected to the business property that is not listed. All of a sudden, we have a showing scheduled this Thursday and Friday. I think at least one and maybe both are for people connected to the legal pot. You could knock me down with a feather. Can't get my hopes to "high", but after a year with not a single showing...

Good morning from ATX. Currently 54°F, clear and calm. Today's high expected around 78°F. Gonna love this morning's walk. We actually received about two minutes light rain yesterday afternoon.

Unless something really wrong, I should find out MRI results next week. Stay tuned.

Wishing y'all another great day.

nationalpastaday.png

I guess people in KY will soon be able to buy legal pot. I guess it is just for medical, I haven't really followed it as I didn't figure it would effect me. Well, I have had my business property listed for sale for over a year with not a single looker. I have a cabin and six additional acres connected to the business property that is not listed. All of a sudden, we have a showing scheduled this Thursday and Friday. I think at least one and maybe both are for people connected to the legal pot. You could knock me down with a feather. Can't get my hopes to "high", but after a year with not a single showing...
Legal medical pot of course is a farce as many doctors prescribed it for their patients just to shut them up about it. It has been legal medically here in Oklahoma for a while now and people use it (smoke, eat, etc...) just about everywhere. About 1/4 of my softball team smoke it in the parking lot before games. They don't hide it. We have smoke shops on just about every major street corner in Lawton and in the small town I live in we have 3 shops. It's crazy, as soon as it was legalized medically, shops seemingly just sprung up overnight.

Good morning folks. Another cold clear day in the east.

Anybody happen to see the story of the British photojournalist Paul Lowe who came to the U.S. looking for his troubled 19-year-old son who had disappeared in California? He found the son near Los Angeles -but then his kid suddenly turned on him and stabbed him to death. A real horror story. The kid was deeply disturbed obviously. Easy to Google if interested in the details.

I knew the guy. I’d met him in Sarajevo 31 years ago, got to be friends, then saw him occasionally through the years in places like Rwanda and Kosovo. I found a photo last night of us at a camp on the Rwanda-Zaire border. What a terrible way for it all to end for the guy.

Last day downtown today. Pulling in to the subway station, so I’ll wish you all a good day.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 54°F, clear and calm. Today's high expected around 78°F. Gonna love this morning's walk. We actually received about two minutes light rain yesterday afternoon.

Unless something really wrong, I should find out MRI results next week. Stay tuned.

Wishing y'all another great day.

nationalpastaday.png
Best luck.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT