ADVERTISEMENT

Blue/White Radio Broadcast?

Sep 24, 2016
I know that there won't be tv or video streaming of the basketball game Friday night, but will there be a radio broadcast? I think the game has been broadcast on the radio in the past.

Reactions: CatFanInIlliniLand
I looked this up on my Newspapers.com account. The Blue-White was broadcast on cable tv on either FoxSports South or the SEC network until this year. The game has been always radio broadcast on the UK radio network, including clear channel WHAS 840 also. While you can't tell much about the team (one year, a player scored about 50 points in this game, but seldom played in the real games) because the players are only giving a half hearted effort particularly on defense, we die hard fans would like to watch the Cats. We fans out in the boondocks, from Paducah to Ashland, love our Cats, but live too far away to attend games in person. The SEC Network is broadcasting the "Out of Pocket" show during the Blue-White Game, so it's not like the basketball game wouldn't fit into the schedule.

Reactions: CatFanInIlliniLand
Bunch of welfare queens. Think you're entitled to everything for free. There are plenty of tickets to support Kentucky players.

Bunch of welfare queens. Think you're entitled to everything for free. There are plenty of tickets to support Kentucky players.
1) times are tough for people, and UK priced a lot of people out
2) some of us live pretty far from Lex
3) it isn't our job to pay the salaries UK promised those players, so they can in turn make money off them.

Calling people welfare queens when they choose to not pay money to watch an intrasquad scrimmage? Call me whatever you want but I wouldn't pay a dime to watch them scrimmage. College basketball /college sports in general are bastardized to the point now that I can barely watch when it is free.

Most of us pay plenty for Xfinity or one of the other cable providers. Since DirecTV recently bought Dish Network, there will be even less competition among tv providers, and the tv providers can charge even more every month. I have a computer and can stream a lot of games via my Xfinity account. My point is that SEC Network has nothing in particular on their channel at the time of the UK game, and could easily have broadcast the game. By my count, there are 10 UK basketball games that will only be available via streaming SEC+ , and older computer-illiterate fans and less well heeled fans will not be able to see. While I can afford Xfinity's total tv package with the high speed internet, there are lots of UK fans who cannot.

So, does anyone know if it's an actual scrimmage (not a glorified practice) and if it will be on the radio tomorrow?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT