ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Big-Fish.gif

Well, supposed to get hot early, but I am going to try and get 3 hours or so in this morning before it does. 72° right now and I will be leaving the house in about 30 minutes.

Agree with those saying it was a good game, especially the defense. Just wish the final 3 minutes were different. But with Stoops there is always that conservative style of play calling that leaves us wondering. I probably would have complained had he taken the chance 4th and 8 with 3 minutes left and not made it as well so... but I really don't get the last play with 2 seconds left on our own 40. Throwing about a 10-yard pass? Agree with poster above, why not the Hail Mary?

Oh well, you folks enjoy the day and Go Bengals!

Good morning from ATX. Currently 79°F and clear. Excessive heat warning in effect. Today's high could hit 99°F. Heat wave predicted for next 10 days. We badly need a cold front.

What a game last night. Cats out-gained Dawgs on the ground, but just could not put them away. "Defensive slog" is how Yahoo Sports describes the contest. Hope going forward. Stay tuned.

Returning to Austin PetsAlive today in search of another little darling. Yesterday, first dog would not warm-up to either wife or I yesterday.

Wishing all a peaceful Sunday.

Ring of Brodgar. Dates to 2000-2500 B.C. Nearly as old as Stonehenge. UNESCO World Heritage site. Really cool.

457309193_10231585327036843_4111114454415151382_n.jpg

Good morning folks.

I was committed to a party of my wife’s work colleagues and didn’t see the game. Surprising score. The defense must have been stellar. I note you folks who watched came away feeling pretty good. I guess it was easier to understand the decision to punt in the context of the whole game, but it felt like Stoops preferring to lose by one than by eight when I watched the highlights.

Another beautiful day in the east. It did heat up yesterday afternoon, and it is supposed to get hot later today.

I hope you all have a nice Sunday.

Late fishing report as I got home about an hour before the Reds game that started at noon and watched the Bengals game that started not long after the Reds finished. Bad weekend all the way around in sports for me with both the Bengals and UK losing by 1 and the Reds losing today by 7.

Fishing however was decent. I had 5 strikes, 4 hits (hooked) and no errors (landed all of them). Nothing really big. One of the hooked was about a 3-pound catfish. It fought so well I just knew I had a lunker. The other three were bass that were about pound or so with one being just a bit bigger (maybe 2lbs). While I have the scales to weigh them in the truck, I don't bother with it unless it is really a nice sized one.

Hello all,

With our SIL and BIL here we left about 5: 30am and arrived at the the Naval Recreation Center in Maryland real early.

It started well with My Darling and her sister catching crab after crab... Nice ones too.

Had 12 collapsible traps out and five fishing poles.

Just no fish biting but My Darling, the SIL and BIL just slayed the blue crab and I know what had to be near a dozen small lobsters (So it seemed.) I guess about 90+ just amazed me as the amount of crab versus the near NIL fishing result was hard to believe unless I saw it myself which I did.

Just took a couple Tylenol as I had over 23k steps today, am hurting but am thankful. I will post some pics in the next day or two. God Bless you D-League...

(Still in the Solomon's staying at the Hilton Garden Inn...)

Good morning from ATX. Currently 77°F and clear. Excessive heat warning in effect. Expecting 97°F for our high today.

Wife remains undecided about a new pup. No new family member yet.

Monday, Monday... Wishing y'all a great day and start to your week.

Orkney Wireless Museum, Kirkwall. Interesting collection of WW2 memorabilia.

457274652_10231586172297974_8158662502854327999_n.jpg

457212713_10231586172977991_572603419444438322_n.jpg

65.8°F here and pretty sun. We are to get to 87°F which is one degree less than yesterday with a minimum chance of rain. We need rain.

It Monday and is time to rise and shine for you employed.

@AustinTXCat I am enjoying the pictures of Scotland.

@warrior-cat you are simply a better fisherman than choosing which sports team to watch. Stick with fishing and leave the Cats and Reds to their own devices.

Good morning folks. Another Monday to survive.

Bizarre weekend of sports. The Bengals and the Cats both managed to lose by one point. I wish Kentucky had thrown that pass that reeled in an interference call on 4th Down. Both outcomes might have been reversed. Nothing else to do but move on. No fan of "moral victories" teaching us anything.

Back to work. Hope Monday is a good day for you all.

Good morning folks. Another Monday to survive.

Bizarre weekend of sports. The Bengals and the Cats both managed to lose by one point. I wish Kentucky had thrown that pass that reeled in an interference call on 4th Down. Both outcomes might have been reversed. Nothing else to do but move on. No fan of "moral victories" teaching us anything.

Back to work. Hope Monday is a good day for you all.
Here is possibly an unknown fact to some about the Bengals. In the Taylor years as coach (in 6th year now), the Bengals are 1-11 in the first two games of those seasons. That seems to tell us that coaches are not preparing the players enough in the preseason. Of course, in Burrows 4 seasons with the Bengals he has played in only one set of preseason games (2021). In 2021, they have the only game won in the 1-11 record and that was against Minnesota.

Here is possibly an unknown fact to some about the Bengals. In the Taylor years as coach (in 6th year now), the Bengals are 1-11 in the first two games of those seasons. That seems to tell us that coaches are not preparing the players enough in the preseason. Of course, in Burrows 4 seasons with the Bengals he has played in only one set of preseason games (2021). In 2021, they have the only game won in the 1-11 record and that was against Minnesota.
They enter every season unprepared and must be the least disciplined team in the NFL...I'd love to write them off once and for all. But I'd be haunted by the ghosts of Greg Cook and Paul Brown because when I was a ten year old boy I vowed if Cincy got an NFL team I'd always be faithful.

They enter every season unprepared and must be the least disciplined team in the NFL...I'd love to write them off once and for all. But I'd be haunted by the ghosts of Greg Cook and Paul Brown because when I was a ten year old boy I vowed if Cincy got an NFL team I'd always be faithful.
Kind of like me with the St Louis Cardinals. Their fundamentals are crap the last several years. Jim Edmunds called them out on TV for poor fundamentals and too much sabermetrics the other night. The next game he made kind of an offhand comment that he didn't know if he would be back next year. Wondering if his comment upset the front office?

I was already a Reds fan and in 68 I was 1 1 years old when the Bengals started their first season. My fan ship got stronger after they drafted Kenny Anderson and to this day, he still remains my favorite Bengals player. I don't think people realize just how good he really was. If he had more support around him back then, he would have had a Super Bowl or three and a few records set as well imo.

I was already a Reds fan and in 68 I was 1 1 years old when the Bengals started their first season. My fan ship got stronger after they drafted Kenny Anderson and to this day, he still remains my favorite Bengals player. I don't think people realize just how good he really was. If he had more support around him back then, he would have had a Super Bowl or three and a few records set as well imo.
I grew up a Browns fan as their games were shown on Cincy TV. I was still Browns fan went I left for UK. Bengals didn't start till I was a junior. Them we went to MA till '72. When I got back to Cincy area, it felt real strange that people were Bengals not Browns fans as I was still a Brownie. I very gradually shifted my support & only when Browns moved to Baltimore did I fully change. But even then, and now, I'm only a mild/fair weather Bengals fan. Never got the initial jolt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT