ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Received encouraging news from my oncologist just now. We are going on month 20 since initial diagnosis for 12-18 months longevity and I've "exceeded expectations". All vitals remain stable.
That's great news Austin. Thanks for sharing.

Bert, at the risk of being dubbed a damn Yankee or even a Commie, I'll admit that I actually enjoy living near DC and being able to come into the city three days a week (for 25 years it was five...)

I just got back from a lunchtime stroll over to the Smithsonian Natural History museum. I never get bored with the Paleontology and Archeology and Anthropology sections. Last week I walked through Air and Space, and I find my way to the East Gallery of the art museum every so often.

And then there are the little historical notes that make it fun for me. I took an out-of-town friend for a cheap Chinese lunch a block from my office at a place called the "Wok and Roll." Good food, and he was fascinated to find out the building had been the Surratt Boarding House in 1860, where the Lincoln assassination was plotted -- and where Mary Surratt was arrested before being tried and hanged in July of that year. A couple weeks ago, my wife and I stopped into the Willard Hotel for a drink before dinner. It's amazing to me that in that same hotel, the Battle Hymn of the Republic was written in 1861, and MLK Jr. wrote his "I have a Dream" speech in 1963...Not to mention Lincoln lived there before he moved into the White House, among many, many others.

Okay. Stop me before they hire me for the Chamber of Commerce.

Received encouraging news from my oncologist just now. We are going on month 20 since initial diagnosis for 12-18 months longevity and I've "exceeded expectations". All vitals remain stable. CT scan and MRI coming October 1.

Getting infusion now as I type this. Feel great. Thanks.
Always in my prayers my cyber friend!!!!

Good morning from ATX. Currently 79°F and mostly clear. Excessive heat warning in effect. Today's high expected in triple digits.

Happy Hump Day, y'all.

national-creamsicle-day--august-14.png

Received encouraging news from my oncologist just now. We are going on month 20 since initial diagnosis for 12-18 months longevity and I've "exceeded expectations". All vitals remain stable. CT scan and MRI coming October 1.

Getting infusion now as I type this. Feel great. Thanks.
Good news Austin. A bunch of folks have been praying for you. Plus you probably have some great docs.

That's great news Austin. Thanks for sharing.

Bert, at the risk of being dubbed a damn Yankee or even a Commie, I'll admit that I actually enjoy living near DC and being able to come into the city three days a week (for 25 years it was five...)

I just got back from a lunchtime stroll over to the Smithsonian Natural History museum. I never get bored with the Paleontology and Archeology and Anthropology sections. Last week I walked through Air and Space, and I find my way to the East Gallery of the art museum every so often.

And then there are the little historical notes that make it fun for me. I took an out-of-town friend for a cheap Chinese lunch a block from my office at a place called the "Wok and Roll." Good food, and he was fascinated to find out the building had been the Surratt Boarding House in 1860, where the Lincoln assassination was plotted -- and where Mary Surratt was arrested before being tried and hanged in July of that year. A couple weeks ago, my wife and I stopped into the Willard Hotel for a drink before dinner. It's amazing to me that in that same hotel, the Battle Hymn of the Republic was written in 1861, and MLK Jr. wrote his "I have a Dream" speech in 1963...Not to mention Lincoln lived there before he moved into the White House, among many, many others.

Okay. Stop me before they hire me for the Chamber of Commerce.
Yankee commie Chinese eating sellout! o_O

I love the history of D.C. I just hated driving there. That is why I usually took the train and walked around.

My wife's high school friend lives downtown D.C. and he would not think of leaving. Of course he paid a fortune for his house.

I have raised/had probably thousands of animals in my life.......it's what I do.......strange thing is I never really had any pets......I took better care of them than most people.......when I was working I would come home in the evening and head straight out back to take care of the animals.......it didn't matter if it was raining, freezing or what.....I took care of them before coming into the house........almost six yrs ago I got two GoldenDoodles........they changed my life......I had become sedentary and was heading downhill health wise. I started moving around and got back in shape.....walking 3-5 miles a day will do that to you.....then over time they became our lives.....our daughter lives in Lexington and we don't see her much......they have a gang of kids and they are all active in school things so time is limited........in April my dog Daisy was diagnosed with Uevodermatalogical Syndrome......it is an auto immune problem........her body is attacking the melanin .........Thursday I noticed that she wasn't seeing very well.......by Saturday she was nearly blind........if not totally.......I know she has no vision within about three feet. I'm telling you folks.......seeing my dog bump into things and feeling for the steps is killing me........it didn't hurt this bad when they gave me away..........I thought I had grown a pretty tough skin over the years........this has proven that wrong.......
Good morning everyone. I have been gone this long ^^^^^^^

Sorry to hear awf. I lost my last dog 12 & 1/2 years ago and it still bothers me. She was just 3 & 1/2 and just a few days before I told my wife that she (the dog....Misty) is turning into a perfect dog for us. We ended up replacing her with our first pet bird and we said she wasn't going to change our lives. Biggest lie either of us has ever told. She completely rules the house.

Anyway, I've been very busy. Working for a while, then traveling, then catching back up with work around here when I got back.

Glad to catch up and football season is right around the corner.

Yankee commie Chinese eating sellout! o_O

I love the history of D.C. I just hated driving there. That is why I usually took the train and walked around.

My wife's high school friend lives downtown D.C. and he would not think of leaving. Of course he paid a fortune for his house.
Bert, If he's in DC, and I assume outside the crime zones of Anacostia, he DID pay a fortune.

There are some really beautiful 19th Century neighborhoods in DC -- around the embassies in Kalorama Circle and other neighborhoods on Upper Connecticut Avenue and upper Wisconsin, Georgetown of course, Capitol Hill, behind DuPont Circle, Logan Square, lots of places. I lived on Capitol Hill for ten years -- a renter -- and had lots of well-off friends who had restored beautifully some old mansions and row houses from the 1850s. SO much history in those houses...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT