ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Received encouraging news from my oncologist just now. We are going on month 20 since initial diagnosis for 12-18 months longevity and I've "exceeded expectations". All vitals remain stable.
That's great news Austin. Thanks for sharing.

Bert, at the risk of being dubbed a damn Yankee or even a Commie, I'll admit that I actually enjoy living near DC and being able to come into the city three days a week (for 25 years it was five...)

I just got back from a lunchtime stroll over to the Smithsonian Natural History museum. I never get bored with the Paleontology and Archeology and Anthropology sections. Last week I walked through Air and Space, and I find my way to the East Gallery of the art museum every so often.

And then there are the little historical notes that make it fun for me. I took an out-of-town friend for a cheap Chinese lunch a block from my office at a place called the "Wok and Roll." Good food, and he was fascinated to find out the building had been the Surratt Boarding House in 1860, where the Lincoln assassination was plotted -- and where Mary Surratt was arrested before being tried and hanged in July of that year. A couple weeks ago, my wife and I stopped into the Willard Hotel for a drink before dinner. It's amazing to me that in that same hotel, the Battle Hymn of the Republic was written in 1861, and MLK Jr. wrote his "I have a Dream" speech in 1963...Not to mention Lincoln lived there before he moved into the White House, among many, many others.

Okay. Stop me before they hire me for the Chamber of Commerce.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT