ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

My sister just got home a few days ago from India on a medical mission trip. They got caught up in the outage that grounded so many planes. Got out of India ok, but held up in England for 2 days. They had to physically wait in line for five hours at the airport to get arrangements to leave made. Somewhere along the line she got covid, but she is ok and back to work now.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 78°F and clear. Excessive heat warning in effect. Another triple-digit high expected today.

- Nail-biter between US and Serbia in men's BB yesterday. Expect more of the same this coming Saturday since France is playing on their home floor.

- Rode bicycle about 1/2 mile during lunch yesterday. Felt good, but I'm way out of riding shape.

- Grabbed Olive Garden yesterday afternoon. Calamari appetizer = awesome. Lots of leftover Lasagna and Chicken Parmesan.

- Leaving for Scotland 2 weeks from today.

Happy Friday, y'all!

Here's a park in Reykjavik. Note disc golf. Temperature was 55°F and chilly that day on July 12.

454550218_10231380610919068_4419748028968061556_n.jpg

Good morning folks.

Glad it is Friday.

Woke up today determined to get in a run before work. It was raining fairly hard, but I talked myself into thinking it was ending and headed out -- into what quickly became a drenching squall. The rain was coming down in sheets and being blown hard by the wind. I stuck it out and finished my three miles but it was brutal.

FInally dry and having a therapeutic coffee.

My wife left early this AM for her visit with a friend in North Carolina. So I have the house to myself. My daughter may come over and take me to lunch tomorrow, but otherwise I'll enjoy some solitude. I've never minded being alone, at least for a few days at a time.

Hope it is a good weekend for all.

Hello all,

Off day... Not sure what I am going to attempt to do. Have some personal decisions to make and am making some of them. Trying to get to where I have some alternatives. (I am trending in that direction.) I know I am being vague but it's not like the world is ending in this but I am working to ensure I am onboard with what I am having and wanting to do. Yeah...

No need for this crap but it is what is happening..... (The code will be provided later... 😁 )

Good morning from ATX. Currently 78°F and clear. Excessive heat warning in effect. Today's high expected around 95°F.

- Watched more Olympics coverage yesterday. Men's 4x100m still can't get over the hump. Sydney was beautiful, and in many more ways than her own very lovely self. Another world record for her. Many good performances. More action scheduled today. USA!

- Fell off my bike. Thankfully, in the grass and I had a helmet on. Nevertheless, rung my bell. Our Ring camera caught all the action. Wife very pissed.

- Heading out for a hike in a bit.

Wishing y'all another outstanding Saturday.

Here's me just before hiking up to Arctic Circle on Grimsey Island and earning certificate. Oh, and also shortly before seagulls began dive-bombing the crap outta me.

450437666_10231111664275570_7115568573508984813_n.jpg

450318411_10231111664075565_2119573611271190630_n.jpg

Good morning folks.

Sunny and mild in the east after a day-long rain.

Congrats on crossing the Arctic Circle Austin, and getting certified. Those types of milestones are fun and fulfilling.

Got the exercise part of today’s program out of the way. Still planning the rest of the day.

With my wife traveling, I rewatched a movie I hadn’t seen since 1982 last night —Under Fire —Nick Nolte and Gene Hackman and some hot 39-something woman as war journalists in Africa and Central America. I saw it fairly soon after college and would have sold my soul then for the life of the Nick Nolte character. Watching last night I recognized how much of it was fairly ridiculous, but some parts still seem authentic. It’s not the worst movie. Maybe I’ll watch “The Year of Living Dangerously” tonight and see how badly that one has aged.

I woke up to a cool 61°F this morning. Our cool front passed through and it is cool and clear on our way to a predicted 79°. That is ssooo much better than the 90's.

I enjoyed the USA men's basketball game. Came back from 13 down in the fourth quarter.

You all have a good Saturday. @AustinTXCat be careful on the bike. You don't need to hurt yourself and miss out on Scotland. We need pictures!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT