ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning all,

My Darling and I are getting ready to make a trip near Virginia Beach in a little bit to spend the day with friends. A little over a three hour drive, then back this evening.... Oh well, ...

She made a Mugwart rice cake. I took pictures. Will post another time. Just amazing My Darling's culinary talents...

Uh, I be overdue for some beef jerky...way overdue... Think I will go mention it just in passing . ;)

Have a Blessed day....

Keep fighting for our independence.... God Bless you all....

Last edited:
I had a minute and had to turn on my computer anyway...

These are rice cakes made with pure rice flour and mugwart My Darling picks out in the woods we hike. The sprinkled topping? Black-eyed Peas that have been crumbled up...

449774234_8452250288121810_9167640801335454491_n.jpg

449770081_8451920138154825_2459551674929876428_n.jpg

Take care, I dread this drive...

Good morning folks. Happy 4th of July, and happy birthday America. Having traveled to 80-some countries, I have no hesitation in saying it is the best place to be, and probably the best place that has ever been, whatever our temporary problems.

We had a terrific cookout last night. My son flew in from Texas and my daughter came over, along with the in-laws. My son then hooked up with a buddy to drive to the Delaware coast where they knew a couple young women who had invited them to share a beach house owned by one of the girls' parents. Damn, the life of a young, handsome, straight single guy these days...But then, young and single wasn't so bad in the 70s either.

No big plans today. No way I'm fighting the masses to go down on the DC Mall for the fireworks. Been there and done that, most comfortably during the dozen years I had a White House pass and could watch from a birds-eye seat on the back lawn, with free Dove Bars and lemonade. There may be some local fireworks near by, or maybe I'll just have a few beers and sit out on the back deck with my wife.

Whatever your plans, I hope you all have a wonderful 4th.

Good morning folks. Happy 4th of July, and happy birthday America. Having traveled to 80-some countries, I have no hesitation in saying it is the best place to be, and probably the best place that has ever been, whatever our temporary problems.

We had a terrific cookout last night. My son flew in from Texas and my daughter came over, along with the in-laws. My son then hooked up with a buddy to drive to the Delaware coast where they knew a couple young women who had invited them to share a beach house owned by one of the girls' parents. Damn, the life of a young, handsome, straight single guy these days...But then, young and single wasn't so bad in the 70s either.

No big plans today. No way I'm fighting the masses to go down on the DC Mall for the fireworks. Been there and done that, most comfortably during the dozen years I had a White House pass and could watch from a birds-eye seat on the back lawn, with free Dove Bars and lemonade. There may be some local fireworks near by, or maybe I'll just have a few beers and sit out on the back deck with my wife.

Whatever your plans, I hope you all have a wonderful 4th.
80 some countries. That beats me by a lot, but I wish all these America haters could see other parts of the world, and not just the touristy places.

@Bert Higginbotha : Stopped at new Buc-ee's around 4 pm. Tried calling my cuz and service kept disconnecting. Went over to liquor store. Talked to gal in there who said cell service is horrible since it opened.

Buc-ee's fudge is best I've every had.

Plan on driving past there at 4:00 am tomorrow morning for gas..

Good morning folks. Back to work, but the shortest week imaginable -- it's already Friday! That's not to say some people still won't find ways to aggravate me, as has already happened this morning. Ah well. Roughly one more year...

I had a quiet 4th. Or I should say, I stayed in my house reading, hearing everyone else have a noisy 4th, but not feeling the need to drive to the sound of fireworks this year. We have plans for a nice dinner at a favorite steakhouse Saturday, so looking forward to that.

I hope you all have a great weekend ahead.

@Bert Higginbotha : Stopped at new Buc-ee's around 4 pm. Tried calling my cuz and service kept disconnecting. Went over to liquor store. Talked to gal in there who said cell service is horrible since it opened.

Buc-ee's fudge is best I've every had.

Plan on driving past there at 4:00 am tomorrow morning for gas..
It has not impacted my cell phone service, but the traffic has increased for sure. Safe travels Austin.

Are boxers now like boxers then? (I do not and have not watched...)

This is Leonard-Hearns 2...

I mean Duran, Benitez, Hearns, Hagler, Leonard...

I never saw anyone. Anyone and I mean anyone who had another gear in boxing like Sugar Ray Leonard. I was a Tommy Hearns fan coming out of Detroit too. (Not sure about this outcome though...)

Last edited:
Some pics from yesterday on the banks of the Chesapeake Bay...

The second year we spent July forth at our friends home. We met them while we were in Korea from 2012 to 2015. (They come to our house for winter events)

This is on his dock. (His feet) Only a couple crab below when he checked later in the day but his earlier catch was dropped into the pot kicking, slashing, and fighting....

449924537_8458848130795359_4494919875272668293_n.jpg

Some kind of seasoning he shook all over them but...
449788315_8458848390795333_7244447490315400848_n.jpg

449980098_8458848570795315_7423391639777425508_n.jpg

His wife and he are avid gardeners. They grow tons of stuff... (They have a large yard..)
449953907_8458848757461963_8157192902434722061_n.jpg

I think we had six couples attend. We had a fine time..

Enjoy your days today...

Good afternoon D-Legionnaires!

A lot of rain between last night and this morning. Pictured below is the stream from the side of my house to the front of the shop, front of the shop, and around the side of the shop. Needless to say, the shop is flooded.

God's promise. Good thing he promised, otherwise I would need a bigger boat.

Well, I tried something different this time and they still will not show. Try clicking on them to see if they do.
When I hit reply they show up. Whoa... You kin to Noah?

Edit: when I clicked on the X... I got this message:

450091254_8459331767413662_5552367471175015966_n.jpg

May have something to do with the settings you or the site enable on that site...

Oh, an update: When I hit reply to your message and could see the pictures I clicked on the pictures and got no message like what I posted above. Just gave me options to save or copy the pictures...

Last edited:
Are the other stations on the other side being affected badly?
That was the first that I heard of the problem. I even tried using my apple phone as a hot spot to watch streaming TV and it works fine. It may be tied to one specific carrier, I don't know. I have an I phone and AT&T.

I am less than a mile from Bucee's.

That was the first that I heard of the problem. I even tried using my apple phone as a hot spot to watch streaming TV and it works fine. It may be tied to one specific carrier, I don't know. I have an I phone and AT&T.

I am less than a mile from Bucee's.
Are the other businesses being hurt badly by the opening of Bucees’s.

Some pics from yesterday on the banks of the Chesapeake Bay...

The second year we spent July forth at our friends home. We met them while we were in Korea from 2012 to 2015. (They come to our house for winter events)

This is on his dock. (His feet) Only a couple crab below when he checked later in the day but his earlier catch was dropped into the pot kicking, slashing, and fighting....

449924537_8458848130795359_4494919875272668293_n.jpg

Some kind of seasoning he shook all over them but...
449788315_8458848390795333_7244447490315400848_n.jpg

449980098_8458848570795315_7423391639777425508_n.jpg

His wife and he are avid gardeners. They grow tons of stuff... (They have a large yard..)
449953907_8458848757461963_8157192902434722061_n.jpg

I think we had six couples attend. We had a fine time..

Enjoy your days today...
YUM! And I'm not talking about that BB arena in Louisville.

Good morning from Haverhill, MA. Currently 73°F.

Old Army buddy done really good for himself. He owns a couple houses, including one built in 1740. Proud of him and haooy for him and his wife.

Ate fish and chips last night. Amazing. Jumping on a bus bound for Logan soon.

Y'all have an awesome day.

Last edited:
Let-s-Go-Fishing.gif

66° this morning with very light winds. Low 90's expected for a high.

Going to go fishing this morning with the Kayak. light winds expected so it should be a good day. We shall see. Last fishing day Wednesday yielded nothing. A retired Colonel and I Kayaked at the same pond I am going to today and he caught 5 while I was blanked. He used small lures and only caught bass no bigger than a pound while I used the bigger lures to get nothing. May try smaller today if the larger ones don't produce.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend folks and God Bless.

@AustinTXCat Stay safe out there and enjoy.

Good morning everyone.

I hope all is well and prayers for those here that need them (everyone). Happy Belated Birthday @BBUK. I was trying to catch up but have fell behind again. Those crabs looked great. I about foundered the last time I got into some blue crabs.

I finally got some of our trail cams back out and checked the one up on the hill above the house. Bears, bucks, does, fawn and a bobcat but none of the pics were very good. Shelia was able to watch a bear here Wed. morning for a while as I was driving to Lexington. No problems out of them since we were at the lake about 6 weeks ago.

A little rain here yesterday but not enough. Between the lack of rain and the critters our first time in decades garden isn't much. Looks like the Farmers Market and Food City will be our goto this year.

Going to walk about 4 or 5 miles this morning at the walking trail through town. I hope everyone has a great day.

Last edited:
MAN I feel old(er).... Hit the six-three today.... My Darling and I spent the day together. The first full day together in a long time. (We are always pointed somewhere else a lot of the time but today, we stayed together all day.) I am thankful....
Another belated Happy Birthday.

MAN I feel old(er).... Hit the six-three today.... My Darling and I spent the day together. The first full day together in a long time. (We are always pointed somewhere else a lot of the time but today, we stayed together all day.) I am thankful....
Happy belated birthday! I have you by 15 years and 22 days.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT