ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning from ATX. Currently 78°F and cloudy in North Austin. Today's high expected around 93°F. Under excessive heat warning.

Cats beat Hogs yesterday. Face Gamecocks today. Go Big Blue!

Just found out Texas leads nation in hailstorms. We're gonna need a new roof soon.

All packed. Plan on leaving for airport around 8 am. Riding the bus. Stop downtown by university for some Chick-Fil-A. Flight departs at 3:55 pm. Must run a few errands before leaving.

Happy Friday, y'all.

E2KIC9LXoAMOqqK.jpg

Good morning all,

Back at it. Next week will be intensely busy way too much driving and in bad traffic BUT, that should be an outlier... Gotta do what you have to do.. I am thankful....

Not too many posts here now. (I know it's the "off-season" but I miss hearing about everyone. Hopefully your lives are complete and enjoyable EVERY day...

Take care...

I'm still around. I will (hope to) always be busy this time of year with fishing, turkey hunting, hiking, and ugh...mowing & weed eating. I try to check in every so often especially RR and see if there is any roster news.

Hiking with our older group today. It will be short (less than 2 miles) on the mountain trail. I and one other worked 5 hours Wednesday clearing the trail for the older hikers. Our 90 year old lady finally quit hiking, but we still have several in their 70's. One 60+ year old lady had her heart rate up in the 150's at the 2nd hill last time. My wife's was 88 and my heart rate was 83. I wish these old gals would walk a little more during the week. Oh well.

I'm doing well.....hope everyone is the same.

Good morning D-League. Thank goodness Friday is here. This week tested my late-in-my-career resolve to keep plugging away. But things broke my way yesterday, as they always do if you keep a focused effort going.

Still not sure if we're going to have to make a quick trip to NYC over the weekend to pay respects to my wife's cousin. No one seems to be able to make a decision on a funeral date in this time of turmoil. It may be they opt for a Memorial Service or a Celebration of Life or whatever at a later date rather than the traditional funeral. The guy lived in a place called Point Lookout Beach, which was the home of some fairly high ranking Mafiosos back in the day. Or so the locals claim. I get up there mostly for funerals in my wife's family -- her father and two uncles and an aunt, and now apparently her cousin.

Sunny and starting to warm up in the east. I got a nice run in this morning and now back to work.

Hope it's a happy Friday for all.

Last edited:
I have a lucky penny story.......I had a remodel job at a local stock brokers office. As per my habit I would go down in the evening to check the job out......if they were behind or needed a hand I pitched in......we were tearing out wooden office partitions......we worked at night so they could stay open,,,,,,I was helping them tear out partitions and pull up some old horse hair carpet padding......I pulled up a piece of padding and there was a penny.....as I am want to do I bent over and picked it up and stuck it in my pocket.....later that night when I came home and looked it was 1900 penny.........I was awake all night thinking that it had maybe fell off of someone's desk that we had moved before taking the partitions down........no one ever said a word.......it was good.......a few days later my guys cut the phone lines late Sunday evening........the eve of Black Monday..........when I went strolling in about 10:30 for a check of the weekend's progress........I was attacked......they knew the stock market was crashing but they had no phones or computer connection and my guys caused it........
@awf what would it be worth?
Good morning from ATX. Currently 78°F and cloudy in North Austin. Today's high expected around 93°F. Under excessive heat warning.

Cats beat Hogs yesterday. Face Gamecocks today. Go Big Blue!

Just found out Texas leads nation in hailstorms. We're gonna need a new roof soon.

All packed. Plan on leaving for airport around 8 am. Riding the bus. Stop downtown by university for some Chick-Fil-A. Flight departs at 3:55 pm. Must run a few errands before leaving.

Happy Friday, y'all.
Save travels Austin.

Last edited:
MAN, I AM God Blessed.....

I will state this again, only because I mean it and truly know and believe it.

Kings wish they could eat on special occasions how I eat regularly.... I had this for breakfast this morning. (Did not eat it all though... ;) )

This is rice cake made only with rice flour, no wheat flour. Made in the steamer... The topping and filling? Lima beans.... Such a light hint of sugar I didn't even have to mention it..

With coffee, just................... 😍 😍 😍 😍 😍 😍 😍 😍

Heavenly... (I sure wish I could share...)

444191992_8246781538668687_732224090714685680_n.jpg

444214702_8246781222002052_7599824445297413914_n.jpg

That is a regular supper plate... Cut it in wedges like a pie... I had two good pieces....

Good morning all,

Back at it. Next week will be intensely busy way too much driving and in bad traffic BUT, that should be an outlier... Gotta do what you have to do.. I am thankful....

Not too many posts here now. (I know it's the "off-season" but I miss hearing about everyone. Hopefully your lives are complete and enjoyable EVERY day...

Take care...
giphy.gif

If the Lord doesn't take me home, My Darling and I are heading to the Naval Recreation Center in Maryland in the morning. See if we can relieve them of excess Blue Crab and whatever other seafood I can snag, cast-net, or catch....

My Darling uses a line (A few actually) and ties a chicken leg to the end with a 3 ounce sinker. Drags them in quickly that way...

Hopefully I will have some pictures to show for it, other than a pier and some passing watercraft.... ;)

Have a fine evening...

If the Lord doesn't take me home, My Darling and I are heading to the Naval Recreation Center in Maryland in the morning. See if we can relieve them of excess Blue Crab and whatever other seafood I can snag, cast-net, or catch....

My Darling uses a line (A few actually) and ties a chicken leg to the end with a 3 ounce sinker. Drags them in quickly that way...

Hopefully I will have some pictures to show for it, other than a pier and some passing watercraft.... ;)

Have a fine evening...

Just loaded up my car. I bought two new fishing poles, the telescoping kind. I decided not to take them. My BIL and SIL are coming to visit from Radcliff later in June. I am going to let him use them first. (If we catch any crab this time My Darling is going to freeze them and give them to her sister as well. Markets here are so much easier to shop in as there is a lot of Asian market competition.)

I have decent poles now but wanted a couple longer poles so I could catch ribbon fish easier for My Darling... My BIL is retired now and gave me a new... expensive piece of hardware when they came to visit the last time.

We never got along when I lived in Radcliff. We didn't argue much but we just weren't close. Something changed, we are not super close as it's been over a month since I talked with him but things are different now. Looking forward to their visit.

Just an aside, I wanted to type it out...

Big-Fishing-Trip.gif

Morning Legionnaires!

Headed out to the GoodYear plant in Lawton OK this morning for a fishing derby held at their Lake/pond. Have an old co-worker who works there now and he has invited me to come as his guest (his last name is Guest). Not going to compete as it started yesterday, just going to catchup on things as I have not seen him in a few years. He wants to talk SEC news since he is a big OU fan.

Only going to fish for catfish because that is what he is fishing for. Have not fished for catfish in quite a few years. Will be relaxing though as I have a UK folding chair with head covering so...going to be representing with my UK fishing hat too.

You folks enjoy the weekend, (@AustinTXCat. safe travels and Gods Speed), and to all God Bless.

Good morning from Forge Ridge, TN. Currently 64°F and soggy. Good rain storm earlier this morning.

Gave my daughter two German Monster fruit punch drinks. Never seen a kid so happy in my life.

Run over to Middlesboro Wendy's in a few. Headed to Bardstown later today. Meet up with little brother and his wife.

Wishing y'all a good day.

geek-pride-day--may-25.png

Good morning folks. Back from a long run. Getting warm in the east. It felt good to sweat out a long, tough work week. And every time I realize this is a three-day weekend it brings a smile toi my face.

Cookout tomorrow. Looks like the funeral for my wife's cousin in New York will be next weekend. I'll think about that later. My granddaughter's tenth birthday today out in the suburbs of Kansas CIty. Hard to believe it was a decade ago I became papaw.

Hope it is a good day for everyone.

About 1:21 PM, Crab and fish are winning. No bites, no runs, no errors.....
They have a no hitter going against you. I had several hits with 2 blue gills landed but no catfish. My friend caught 2 catfish and a woman he met there yesterday had 7. she had her own stink bait recipe and it seemed to work. Turns out she is an old Coed player in Lawton Oklahoma softball that I had played with and against. She recognized me but could not place me until I found out she used to play ball and then I named the teams we used to play for. She immediately after figuring it out said: "Mac, you were our pitcher." and I said yes. We talked for a bit before getting back to fishing. Pictured below is a catfish she caught yesterday.

IMG-2600.jpg

Mayfield high school football coach Joe Morris just retired. Joe is in the national high school hall of fame. They just won a state title in their class, he has won several with several more runner ups. I am guessing he is about 50 years old. Allison Morris was just charged by KSP with stealing 50 grand from the Chamber of Commerce. She was president and also just resigned. I don't know them, but some folks are saying they are married.

Last edited:
HAHA...

Ole Freddy...

I remember when Freddy was in his hay day.... I was in my teens. My Dad stayed about half lit. I remember Freddy singing this song on the Ole B&W tv...

Dad said; Damn, I'd sure like to bust him in the mouth.... 😅

This is me and my Dad.

That is my youngest on her first birthday.

We lived on Bramblett Blvd in Radcliff, Ky.... (October 2nd, 1991...)

Dad was every bit of 6'1".... The Army never would give me 6 feet... Always 5'11"

155846446_4259915694021978_7720125611992943731_n.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning folks.

It’s a lovely Sunday morning in the east. I’m enjoying a walk through a beautiful patch of woods.

Small cookout this afternoon. Just my wife, daughter, her boyfriend, wife’s parents and a couple of her cousins. But I’m looking forward to a burger and a couple brats.

I hope all of you have a pleasant day ahead.

Good Sunday morning everyone

I did a 10 mile hike into uncharted (for me) territory yesterday. Most of the "trail" was not maintained or marked very well. Rough! At the turn around point I had a big female husky run to me. It was way out in the middle of nowhere. I made the mistake of petting her and after that I couldn't get rid of her. I tried everything from letting her get in front of me at intersections and then running (one time at least 20 min and got my heart rate up to 159) a differnt direction, outsmart her (lol), throwing rocks at her, etc etc. It reminded me of an old western movie. She stayed with me for 3 1/2 miles before I lost her. I thought I had a new dog for a while. May have lost my wife with that move though.

I'm going to do a 15 mile hike Wed. with a buddy that has hiked the entire Appalachian Trail. He hikes at a much faster pace than I do. We'll see.

Not much on tap today after church. We're finishing up getting the place ready for a small cookout tomorrow and hopefully lots of rest.

I hope everyone is doing good and has a great day.

Took the regular monster walk this morning and was on my way back close to the house when the monster started pulling hard to get back. When we got in the yard a big dog came around the corner and greeted us. He was as tall as Anatolia (the monster) and a bit longer, but he was lighter in weight as he looked a bit malnourished. He was another Anatolian Shepherd mix like her only short haired.

The monster and he sniffed around and then she gave up interest quickly and headed for the gate to the backyard. After putting her in the back yard I sat down (less menacing) in front of my garage trying to get the dog to come to me. As he started coming closer our cat Kato (the Manx) came through a little archway I had cut in the privacy fence gate a year or so for easier access for the cats getting in and out. Kato quickly bowed up, gave the low growl cats give and took a step towards the dog. The dog came a little closer and Kato's growl got louder, and his hair was standing on end as he started to close the gap between him and the dog. It did not take another growl or step after that as the dog turned and moved away quickly.

It looked like Kato was trying to protect me and he probably was as he does not act like a normal cat, but more like a dog. I then picked him up and took him back inside and gave him a little attention for the effort. Kato pictured below.

Kitty.jpg

Took the regular monster walk this morning and was on my way back close to the house when the monster started pulling hard to get back. When we got in the yard a big dog came around the corner and greeted us. He was as tall as Anatolia (the monster) and a bit longer, but he was lighter in weight as he looked a bit malnourished. He was another Anatolian Shepherd mix like her only short haired.

The monster and he sniffed around and then she gave up interest quickly and headed for the gate to the backyard. After putting her in the back yard I sat down (less menacing) in front of my garage trying to get the dog to come to me. As he started coming closer our cat Kato (the Manx) came through a little archway I had cut in the privacy fence gate a year or so for easier access for the cats getting in and out. Kato quickly bowed up, gave the low growl cats give and took a step towards the dog. The dog came a little closer and Kato's growl got louder, and his hair was standing on end as he started to close the gap between him and the dog. It did not take another growl or step after that as the dog turned and moved away quickly.

It looked like Kato was trying to protect me and he probably was as he does not act like a normal cat, but more like a dog. I then picked him up and took him back inside and gave him a little attention for the effort. Kato pictured below.

Kitty.jpg
Maddie was my best friend (now departed boxer). When she was a very small pup, one of the full grown labrador dogs would get rough with her at times. Jan had a cat that was twice the size of most cats. That cat would chase the dog off any time he threatened Maddie.

They have a no hitter going against you. I had several hits with 2 blue gills landed but no catfish. My friend caught 2 catfish and a woman he met there yesterday had 7. she had her own stink bait recipe and it seemed to work. Turns out she is an old Coed player in Lawton Oklahoma softball that I had played with and against. She recognized me but could not place me until I found out she used to play ball and then I named the teams we used to play for. She immediately after figuring it out said: "Mac, you were our pitcher." and I said yes. We talked for a bit before getting back to fishing. Pictured below is a catfish she caught yesterday.

IMG-2600.jpg
Makes me think of Jaws. Idda run.

53,000 LG&E customers without power including my parents. Winds up to 80 mph in some spots in the viewing area. In the process of getting a generator over there to save their food in the fridge. That was one nasty storm and another one is on the way later tonight. Buckle down. Could be a wild ride.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT