ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Sounds like a great time. Not a huge fan of British fare, except their breakfasts and fish and chips.

I'm heading over to Scotland Aug 23 - Sep 2. Looking forward to some lamb.

Traveling to Iceland July 6 - 13. They produce their hotdogs (pylsa) primarily with lamb and some pork. Must try. One restaurant in Reykjavik fed a certain individual back in the day.

Bill-Clinton-og-pylsan.jpg
we took a spur of the moment trip to Edenburg..........Holyrood hill.........was a task but the view at the top made it worth effort......As with the rest of my life.......I got lucky and we was there during Military Tattoo......I had never heard about it till we were there......got a very nice suite when we arrived without reservations.......timing is everything.....

we took a spur of the moment trip to Edenburg..........Holyrood hill.........was a task but the view at the top made it worth effort......As with the rest of my life.......I got lucky and we was there during Military Tattoo......I had never heard about it till we were there......got a very nice suite when we arrived without reservations.......timing is everything.....
Flying into Heathrow then on to Inverness. Train to Thuro. Ferry to Stromness. Stay in Kirkwall couple days. Overnight ferry to Lerwick in the Shetlands. Stay couple days. Overnight ferry to Aberdeen. Train to Inverness. Check out Nessie. Plane down to London. Fly to Dallas. Back to ATX,

Military Tattoo is a big deal. Also held in Germany. I've never attended. Agreed. All about timing.

Good morning folks.

Cloudy and cool in the east.

Saw my wife off on the train to NYC this morning. She’s spending a few days with her favorite aunt who is having significant health issues in her early 80s. The woman only had one child, a son who is to be honest a bit useless at caregiving so my wife is doing what she can from a distance. And she loves the city —way more than I do, though I enjoy it a couple times a year.

I’ll use my time alone to catch up on some of the stuff in DC I’m more in to than she is, the Archeology and Paleontology at the Smithsonian, maybe a trip out to a Civil War battlefield. I haven’t been to the Chancellorsville-Wilderness-Spotsylvania-Fredericksburg complex in a while.

For now, one more commute downtown then a work from home day this week. Hope all is well for everyone.

I was talking to my daughter this morning about the baseball game I mentioned earlier. They played the same team the final 2 games of the tournament. They had a player who had a habit of kicking the dirt if things didn't please him. He did this several times and was also mouthy. My daughter's team is not allowed to speak to the other team even if confronted. In the second game, this guy reached first base after kicking the dirt twice while batting. He tried to steal second and Vincent threw him out. As the guy left the field, the whole infield started kicking the dirt. The guy was so enraged, he charged the second baseman. The base umpire caught him from behind, picked him up and carried him off the field.

I was talking to my daughter this morning about the baseball game I mentioned earlier. They played the same team the final 2 games of the tournament. They had a player who had a habit of kicking the dirt if things didn't please him. He did this several times and was also mouthy. My daughter's team is not allowed to speak to the other team even if confronted. In the second game, this guy reached first base after kicking the dirt twice while batting. He tried to steal second and Vincent threw him out. As the guy left the field, the whole infield started kicking the dirt. The guy was so enraged, he charged the second baseman. The base umpire caught him from behind, picked him up and carried him off the field.
Sounds like Tanner of the Bad News Bears.

My son got married last week end. He decided to wear his Army dress.
441448605_10228756069184018_726112572585210_n.jpg

442391519_10160133753140017_5345142958572377978_n.jpg
In July of 2006 one of my sons got married and wore his Marine Dress Blues and ask me if I still had mine from the Army, and if I did, would wear it. Of course, I said yes as long as it still fit (it did). I had to cut my hair and shave my beard to do it so...

Well, I got some bad new today about my 51/2yr old F2 Goldendoodle. I got her when she was 13 weeks old......she has had a skin problem since we got her........today they diagnosed her with"Uveodermatologic syndrome" is the canine counterpart to this human disease complex characterized by eye, skin and nervous system symptoms. Affected dogs usually suffer eye problems (including uveitis and retinal separation), a premature whitening of the hair (poliosis) and vitiligo (skin depigmentation).

Six weeks ago her eyes swelled shut....I took her to the emergency room......at first they said she had a allergic reaction to flea bites......her eyes were glazed over with what looked to be a blueish/white haze.......she recovered from that but now they prescribed medications for the side affects of the medications......she hasn't been able to keep anything on her stomach for a couple of days now.......she has lost 10 lbs and is listless.....

I have decided to take her completely off of the antibiotics.........good life quality doesn't include abdominal pain, vomiting and what ever she is feeling.....her eye pressure was off the charts when I first took her to the ophthalmology vet........I am going to give her the steroids on hand.....the medications are burning her stomach up......If'n she was going to get well I could see putting her through the trauma.............but to put her through this so she can go through this for a few more months isn't in me.......it is bad enough to see her in the shape she is.......I had never had a puppy that I raised, trained and lived with.......I got two.......they are seven weeks apart in age........to say that I got attached to them is an understatement......the sick one took three years before she wold go all night without going out........cold, rain......every night once or twice......she taught me to pay attention when she asked out.......she was house broke......but she would not hold herself all night......now I could leave them for 12-16 hrs and they can run the house....you bond with an animal after walking around your yard twice a night for 30 months.....

Good morning from ATX. Currently 72°F and cloudy. Major thunderstorms missed us last night. Today's high expected around 83°F.

Cuz sent photos and video from Nolin Lake. His place got hammered hard by hail and rain and perhaps even a small tornado. Crazy.

Another nearby shooting last night. Two folks shot. Plan on ordering more ammo here soon.

Leaving for Knoxville in two weeks. Daughter and I meeting up with baby brother and his wife on Saturday, May 25th, in Bardstown. Should make for a good little get-together. Daughter hasn't seen her uncle in 25 years.

Been really busy scripting past week. Good old Micro$oft.

Happy Friday, y'all.

national-shrimp-day-1.jpg

Good morning folks. Cloudy and cool in the east.

Bert, congrats on your son’s wedding. That’s a handsome couple. Awf, sorry about your dog. I know how that can hurt a person, to see an animal that counts on them suffer and not be able to make it stop.

Talk about being alone: My wife is in New York, my son is in Arizona, my older daughter is in Wyoming and my younger daughter is in Curaçao. Even my kids who live away from home aren’t in their homes. I’m the only fixed object. But everyone is having fun and, or doing something that they love so I’m pleased.

Settling in to work from home after my morning walk. Have a good day.

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

57° this morning with light winds. Today's high in the upper 70's.

Busy day today with the usual monster walk, workout, and house cleaning this morning. Out for lunch with wife, daughter, and then on to shopping midday through early afternoon. After returning home, time to cut and weed eat the grass. With rain coming in on Sunday, I could cut the grass tomorrow, but I hear the siren's call of the Large Mouth Bass and must answer the call.

Well, for you hard working folks out the TGIF. Be safe out there and God Bless.

Looked back and found a "fond" memory...

441546147_8178590412154467_557168421443908727_n.jpg

That was my toilet while I was in Korea. The only gaming type device I ever liked. I loved that toilet... It was a joy to sit on that thing...:D It would do everything except make you go.... (I know, I know... TMI butt.....)

Good morning from ATX. Currently 70°F and cloudy. Today's high expected around 83°F

@Catfan in Tn: Appreciate Northern Lights pics. Gorgeous.

Cats baseball outlasted Gators yesterday, 12-11, F/10 down in Gainesville yesterday. Teams play again today. Go Cats!

Probably head over to Aldi, later this morning before the game.

Wishing y'all another awesome Saturday.

national-eat-what-you-want-day.jpeg

Good morning folks. Back from my longest run since the hip surgery 18 months ago - 5 miles. Dropping some weight has made a difference. Sunny and cool in the east. These are some of the best weather days of the year.

Heading downtown to cruise around some of the Smithsonian museums -- Natural History, probably Air and Space. They've more or less ruined the American History museum by trying to make it too "diverse" and "inclusive" and "relevant." Every exhibit is twisted and tortured to make sure we know some Eskimo woman was playing a key role behind the scenes while white men got the credit. But that said, plenty of great stuff to catch my attention among all the world class museums in DC.

Hope it is a good day for you folks.

Hello all,

Just time now to sit at my computer... Been out and about watching soccer with two of my grandbabies and my oldest girl as the coach. Now the two Booger Butts are running through the house having a blast. Clean-up is harsh...

Actually it is Little Bigger Booger Butt and Bigger Bigger Booger Butt... (They won't be that much longer but is sure was fun while it lasted. At 4 and 5, they are getting near the point of giving Papa a strange look or three.) They still love their Papa and Ama though... We are truly thankful...

GO CATS!!!

Hello folks.

Cool, cloudy morning. Not much on the agenda. A “home alone” weekend, and not a lot of chores needing my attention.

Heading out for a long hike along part of a path that run through some beautiful woods, all the way to Rock Creek Park into DC.

Hope it is a restful day for all.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 68°F and cloudy. Rain expected mid-morning. Today's high expected around 80°F.

It's Mother's Day. I'll stop by one of many stands on North Lamar during my walk and grab some flowers for wife.

Gators whooped up on Cats yesterday. Frustrating loss. Both teams play again today.

Wishing y'all a peaceful Sunday.

national-nutty-fudge-day--may-12.png

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

60° this morning with cloudy skies and light winds. Rain last night with more around noon today. Coed games cancelled again today because of wet fields. 4th weekend in a row. We played the first two games of the season (lost both) and haven't played since. Men's league had only one rained out and we are 6-1 there.

Did not go fishing yesterday, there is a Red Leg Challenge going on at Ft. Sill 10-14 May so, soldiers will be all over the areas I fish. Could have gone to the lakes in the area but, I have not done well there without a boat.

Walking the monster shortly and then who knows. Wife and daughter stayed up until the wee hours as they celebrated Mother's Day just hanging out. Have not looked for it yet, but they were talking about making a chocolate cake last night when I went to bed at around 10:30. I will buy lunch for them today as I figure they will not be up until about that time.

You folks relax and enjoy the day and God Bless all the mothers out there.

I forgot to wish the women in you fellows' lives a Happy Mother's Day.

My wife in in NYC, so I'll take some flowers out to her mother for her later. My kids are all scattered. My older daughter, a mother herself, is visiting her mother in Wyoming.

It'll be a tough day for my dad, with mom passing so recently, and of course all of us will be thinking of her.

Hope the women in your lives who carry the title mother have a great day.

Good late morning all,

Just got back rom church. It seems we are leaving to eat. (I'd rather stay home and eat a sandwich but....)

I got so many Mothers here and since my oldest daughter stated SHE was paying today. I know I will... ;). Have a fine day and God Bless all you Mothers... and Sirs... 😁 😍

Good late morning all,

Just got back rom church. It seems we are leaving to eat. (I'd rather stay home and eat a sandwich but....)

I got so many Mothers here and since my oldest daughter stated SHE was paying today. I know I will... ;). Have a fine day and God Bless all you Mothers... and Sirs... 😁 😍

HA, my oldest got there 15 minutes early and only paid for herself and my grand daughter...

Good morning from ATX. Currently 67°F and cloudy. Good chance for rain around noon. Today's high may reach 81°F.

Cats def Gators yesterday, 7-5 in 10 innings.. Team would not quit. Loved it.

Must take wife to colonoscopy at 5:20 am. Keeping it short this morning.

Monday, Monday.... Wishing y'all a great start to your week.

national-fruit-cocktail-day--may-13.png

Good morning folks. Cloudy and cool in the east.

Heading out just to get a little exercise in before I settle into my work from home day.

Quiet evening. My wife is still in NYC. I watched a random Hitchcock movie last night to kill some time —Rope. It’s basically a filmed play built around the idea that two young men murder a third just for the thrill of it —because they consider themselves superior beings capable of deciding life and death —and then Jimmy Stewart slowly unravels the case. Very loosely based on the Leopold and Loeb thrill killing of the 1920s when two rich college kids did kill a young boy just to show they could get away with it. Not Hitchcock’s best. But a way to pass the time.

Heading out. Have a good day folks.

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

58° this morning with cloudy skies and light rain.

Watched the UK vs UF baseball game and there were some really good defensive plays made from both sides. Happy with the win. Also watched the Reds blow it again. Back to more of the same.

Not much going on today other than working out and walking the monster after the rain goes away. Suppose to clear up in an hour or so.

Enjoy the day if you can. Be safe out there and God Bless.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT