ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Congratulations on the speech. I hated having to do that kind of thing in my 'previous' life. Thank goodness those days are in my rearview mirror. 😊

I always get nervous after speeches I have given. Can't figure it out either. No issues during but darn, the shakes afterwards... Been a while though, I regularly speak in front of 20 or so people..no issues . .

Just not bothered that this was the last day at my current agency. I liked my team and offered my continued support....

Not excited about my new agency Monday yet either .... Weird of me...

I am looking forward to it. Want to see if I can max out my capabilities.... This job should test me in that area...

Last edited:
Hey everyone, glanced at posts but will catch up later in the week if it rains. Back from the lake....Dad and I caught 4 stripers so meat in the freezer and relief that Dad caught his first couple of fish this year. I also got quite a bit of work done.

I now have work here at home to catch up on before the rain.

Looking good for Cat fans again.
You spelled strippers wrong.

About eulogies, the one that was given at the last funeral I went to weeks ago (Black Belt friend) was one of the best I have ever heard. Well written and well presented by his brother and daughter. Turned into something of a wake. My wife has recently asked me to do a write up about how I would like to be remembered, but to be honest, I am not sure of what it is I would like people to remember about me. It seems rather self-serving even though I would be dead.

About eulogies, the one that was given at the last funeral I went to weeks ago (Black Belt friend) was one of the best I have ever heard. Well written and well presented by his brother and daughter. Turned into something of a wake. My wife has recently asked me to do a write up about how I would like to be remembered, but to be honest, I am not sure of what it is I would like people to remember about me. It seems rather self-serving even though I would be dead.

Moot scoot boogie....

Good morning from ATX. Currently 73°F and cloudy. Some fog and drizzle. Good chance for rain around noon. Today's high expected near 81°F.

Popped a breaker on our kitchen island. Reset. Still no power. Awaiting electrician friend.

Happy Friday, y'all.

national-chocolate-custard-day--may-3.png

Good morning folks.

Hectic day yesterday. I had to give a speech in front of 500 people, including quite a few I couldn't afford to piss down my leg in front of. I'd been dreading it for weeks. About two hours before hand, I snuck into the auditorium to run through it (I am committed to no notes) and my mind went blank. Then my chest tightened and I could hear my voice cracking. So at that point, the pressure just rocketed.

But then it went very well. By the crowd response, and the seemingly sincere kind words of people who went out of their way to say something nice, it was fine. I've never enjoyed public speaking, or being on TV which I did a fair amount of my younger days, but it has gotten harder, not easier as I've aged.

. . . . . .
I gave a lot of talks and presentations and it never got easy, but I could not do it without notes.

The last long talk I gave was for Black History Month at a local. That was the most pressured talk I have ever done. It went over well, or so it seemed, or they may have just been being nice to the guy that they chose to speak!

I gave a lot of talks and presentations and it never got easy, but I could not do it without notes.

The last long talk I gave was for Black History Month at a local. That was the most pressured talk I have ever done. It went over well, or so it seemed, or they may have just been being nice to the guy that they chose to speak!
I had a bit of a stutter when I was young.....most of it was nervousness......I joined the Masons in 1980....I learned several parts of the degree work.........the first time I gave the charge in the east for the EA degree........I got the charge done in about three minutes.......I done better the times afterwards.......but they said I was talking so fast and I didn't even realize it..........the Stair lecture in the FC took me almost 18 months to memorize.....then it was another two or three months before I got a chance to "perform"........when I joined the Masons I learned that I had an excellent memory........I guess I never had learned to use it previously......I dropped out of the Masons a few years ago which is another story......

Happy Saturday folks. Just completed a four mile run in a light drizzle. Enjoying my morning coffee. We're having a birthday party for my mother-in-law a bit later so I'm piddling around pretending to help clean up.

Relieved to have a quiet weekend after three straight where I was traveling for one reason or another. Hope it is a good one for all of you.

I can't link on this device, but they have come up with a robot pitching machine which has been approved by MLB for use in batting cages. It is called Trajekt Arc. It can mimic any pitch of any MLB pitcher, so you can practice hitting against any pitcher. They are offering them to MLB teams on 3 year leases at up to twenty thousand dollars a month. Ohtani says he has used one to see what his pitches look like, so I guess a pitcher could also benefit from one.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 67°F with light rain. Another storm moving within next two hours. Today's high may reach 78°F. We'll take it.

- Yeah, Wildcat baseball kicked some Hog butt. Let's see if they can take the series. Go Cats!

- Made reservations yesterday for planned July adventure. Stay tuned.

- Cinco de Mayo (aka "Drinko de Mayo" or "Stinko de Mayo") arrived. Should get rather active at our local Chuy's today + tonight.

Wishing y'all a peaceful Sunday.

0505-NATIONAL-HOAGIE-DAY.jpg

Good Sunday morning.

It didn't rain here yesterday as much as expected so I ended up working most of the day. When it rained I did 4 miles on the treadmill. I'm hoping to be ready for a long hike the end of next month. We worked on a little garden some more yesterday...our first in 30 years. Retirement sometimes leads to more work but I'm loving it.

Good to hear KY beat the hogs in baseball. I still don't know who won the derby. lol This coming from someone who almost made a career in the T-bred industry.

Rest day for us on this welcome Sunday. I hope everyone has a great day.

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

60° this morning with light winds and cloudy skies. High in the mid 80's expected with storms a possibility.

Coed games probably cancelled again today (3 weeks running). If so, Reds and Wildcats baseball games will be the order of the day.

Took my wife and daughter to a new Mexican restaurant yesterday for lunch. Actually, just new ownership from the one that was there before so, they wanted to see if it was the same. They liked the taste of the food better than the last one, but I was unimpressed (not a fan of Mexican food anyway). Looks like that will be the weekend go to for them along with Freddie's hamburgers (daughters favorite).

Enjoy the day folks and recharge those batteries and God Bless.

Good morning folks. Back from a long jog in a drizzle. My wife has it worse —she’s running a half-marathon today up in Frederick Maryland with a girlfriend and it looks likely to rain the whole way.

Enjoyed the Derby yesterday. I don’t bet the race, but always pick a horse somewhat at random to root for. Yesterday I picked Sierra Leone and was really into the photo finish. Glad not to lose any money.

My son is off to Arizona to work for USFW at a facility not far from the Hoover Dam. Should be a fun trip.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Good morning all,

Sipping coffee, waiting for My Darling to come back from her choir in the first service. The BB is sleeping. He will wake up soon and when My Darling gets home and feeds him, we will go to the second service. No Sunday School during the first service.

Back and forth yeah but he is worth it, My Darling does enjoy singing in the choir and I sure love them so...

Only about 1500 feet down the road too. We are members now. Just me to find my niche. (I am trying and will...)

Getting ready for my first day tomorrow as well....

I am thankful. Love the life God has given you and do your best in it to give him the glory.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT