ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning from ATX. Currently 54°F and clear. Today's high expected around 82°F.

Co-worker out. Possibly busy today.

We get a new coach yet?

Have a good one.

national-cheese-fondue-day--april-11.png

Yeah, I'm still hooked on UK....
Me too, but I am at the point right now where I am hoping they take their time to get the right guy. So many are going crazy wanting the hire to happen at this moment. For me, what we need is to sit back and look at some younger coaches who are on the upswing and are hungry. Ones that want a challenge and have an "I don't care what they think" attitude.

My wife this morning said that UK needs a guy like "Chucky" (John Gruden). Meaning of course a coach with his attitude and intensity. Could not argue with that. Until we get one it is "Go Reds" (starting slow however) and look out Bass. I guess you could say that I am also hooked on Bass.

Be safe out there folks, happy hunting UK, and God Speed to all.

I spent a hour or so yesterday reading and laughing at a lot of those post. It was actually kind of funny if you do not get sucked into the insanity.

Been reading but they are completely gone wild. Made a couple posts but nothing overboard. Don't envy Uncle Jed and ILL for the next several days/ weeks until a coach is announced and then the fall out.

Been reading but they are completely gone wild. Made a couple posts but nothing overboard. Don't envy Uncle Jed and ILL for the next several days/ weeks until a coach is announced and then the fall out.
There will always be those who will be unhappy no matter who we hire. The Legion of Doom element will never go away, it just changes members with every situation. I too could be in that group if we were let's say, hire someone like Bruce Pearl as I think he is too skeevy to coach here. However, I would give him a chance, but he would be on a tight leash. Admittedly, I was recently in the LOD (so to speak) with reference to CAl's performance the past 2 or 3 years.

Right now however, I am really relaxed with the situation and understand that the fix will not be overnight so, the next couple of years or so could be difficult on UK fans.

With apologies/homage to Robin Williams character in Mrs. Doubtfire: "Effy prepare yourself"

There will always be those who will be unhappy no matter who we hire. The Legion of Doom element will never go away, it just changes members with every situation. I too could be in that group if we were let's say, hire someone like Bruce Pearl as I think he is too skeevy to coach here. However, I would give him a chance, but he would be on a tight leash. Admittedly, I was recently in the LOD (so to speak) with reference to CAl's performance the past 2 or 3 years.

Right now however, I am really relaxed with the situation and understand that the fix will not be overnight so, the next couple of years or so could be difficult on UK fans.

With apologies/homage to Robin Williams character in Mrs. Doubtfire: "Effy prepare yourself"

Iffy was a girl they'd have called him Effy...-Tennessee Ernie Ford...

Good morning everyone

We've been busy. We did get to get out and enjoy a hike yesterday and had a good time. We were looking for mushrooms (morels) and I jumped up a dove in a brush pile so knew to look. Looky what I found out in the middle of nowhere.

435058672_10212157988061944_352583989311242476_n.jpg

We were able to find a few mushrooms and came back home and found a dozen on our property. First time we've found more than one. Here's the largest.

435154890_10212157988221948_3851631197267301581_n.jpg

We're going on a hike with our older group in the morning and then off to the lake. I won't be around much during this time but hope to at least hear about our new hire if it doesn't happen today.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Good morning everyone

We've been busy. We did get to get out and enjoy a hike yesterday and had a good time. We were looking for mushrooms (morels) and I jumped up a dove in a brush pile so knew to look. Looky what I found out in the middle of nowhere.

435058672_10212157988061944_352583989311242476_n.jpg

We were able to find a few mushrooms and came back home and found a dozen on our property. First time we've found more than one. Here's the largest.

435154890_10212157988221948_3851631197267301581_n.jpg

We're going on a hike with our older group in the morning and then off to the lake. I won't be around much during this time but hope to at least hear about our new hire if it doesn't happen today.

I hope everyone has a great day.
Looks like a pair of dove eggs......

I haven't seen anything official but Pope will have my support as well. He's not as young as some are making it out......51. He's got some good wins and has a decent system (I haven't watched enough the last 4 years to really add much).

I think I'll venture over to RR.....deep breath.....pray for me.

Yep, HOB and Rafters lost their collective minds.

It appears Mark Pope is our new coach. He's got my support.

Sincerely,

Your local "sunshine pumper" :cool:
You know, in reality, I will watch and support but, my expectations have waned over the last few years to the point that I have become somewhat indifferent.

I have a little thought in the back of my mind that the powers that be realize they will not get who they want right now and maybe have been given word that one of these home run hires have told them they would be available in a year or so. So, perhaps this is a secret interim hire to prepare for the better hire a little later down the road.

Wishful thinking? Come on into my world for a bit, sit down, and have a drink.

I've got better things to do than RR right now.

Spent yesterday evening out in the rain ditching water runoff. Here's a pic from my little county road looking down the valley (holler). We need bigger culverts since they redid the Hwy (119) going over the mountain. It all runs down on us now.

436233193_10212159354416102_4635342367434694313_n.jpg
Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip.
It started from this country road, around this tiny tip.

Be safe out there Storm.

Good morning D, well it looks like we have a new coach, maybe. I like Pope, I watched some of BYU's games and liked what I daw in his offense. If he could get good players there, then he can get better players here, he has my support! I also think that he will bring in a good staff. I saw where there "might" be someone brought in as a special assistant, we'll see. I know right now I am excited about the season ahead! Have a great one D!!!! Still praying for the D, especially ATX!!!

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip.
It started from this country road, around this tiny tip.

Be safe out there Storm.
Thanks. We're much higher than the flooding. We have lots of runoff heading down that way, but we're fine. It came up fast and went back down fast. A few vehicles had to be pulled out of the ditches. We're off for a hike in a bit and then driving to the lake.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT