ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Joshua.... Just serious music..

Gonna pull an MdW... (I dated this girl a few times from Campbellsville that was obsessed with Dolly Parton back before I met My Darling. Built like Dolly too. She talked like Dolly and could actually sing pretty much like Dolly. (Didn't look so much like Dolly though in the face but wasn't ugly.)

Just an aside... (Enjoy)

Dolly had some terrible wigs back in the day.

Here she is wigless at age 14. She sounded great even back then.

Just got back from my other house. My tenants had issues finding someone to cut the backyard. I still have my mower and I "ain't" cheap (As far as my labor costs go...). Dude pays his rent on time though and they are nice people. I asked him what he thought he'd have to pay someone and he told me $100.00. (That back yard is about...) Oh heck, here is a picture of it...

This is the front..

276242237_5497224700291065_4924237763696936174_n.jpg

This is the backyard... (The yard ends about 8 or so feet the the left of the picture.) Not large but it sure was grew up. Gonna cost him $75.00

373729565_7170690272944491_42569496548730090_n.jpg

Yeah that was the BB last summer...

Just got a reminder about the below picture. All should know who that is... (I posted this previously.) That is my sister (SIL)(Since I was about 15 anyway.) photobombing in the back. My brother took the picture.

304500791_5970060306340833_2798561300403528335_n.jpg

Have a fine rest of your evening. I am heading for the shower, then a Yuengling or two...

I see a John Wayne movie coming up...

Good morning folks. Out early today. Taking a long Saturday walk. Still dark and cool. Feels good.

Reds got the split they desperately needed yesterday. Somehow they remain alive to at least make a Wild Card game. Didn’t expect that in September. Hell, didn’t expect that in June.

I just saw Jimmy Buffet died. Too young at 76. When I left Kentucky for South Florida in 1977 I quickly got introduced to his music, and saw him live a couple times, once in a small club in Cocoanut Grove and once at the Orange Bowl opening for the Eagles. I didn’t really stay a fan as I got older, but I could put on those first couple albums and it would take me back to those days of my early 20s. RIP.

Hope you all have a good day.

Good morning everyone

I spent the week in Pigeon Forge for our 35th anniversary (tomorrow). We had a good time, but like most of our vacations we were wore out by the time we headed home. Now lots of catching up to do.

Game Day! I haven't followed the FB team as much as usual this off season but would love to see us make a good showing this year.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Good morning from ATX. Currently 74°F and clear. Today's high expected around 102°F. Dry, triple-digit temperatures expected for at least the next 8 days. Summer just will not end.

Daughter arrived early last night. Rode bus out to airport. Took a shuttle from main terminal to south terminal. Met up. Rode shuttle back to main. Took taxi from ABIA up here. $76 fare. Cab driver pissed because I gave just a $5 tip. Screw her. Last time I took a taxi from airport (2018) to here, costs just $43.

Going for a short hike soon. Must police-up back yard. Daughter gonna help me set up wide-screen TV. Spectrum-Disney conflict burns my butt to no end.

Yep, Game Day. Go Cats! Plan on drinking a few beers. Not over-indulgence like years past.

NATIONAL-TAILGATING-DAY-First-Saturday-in-September-1.jpg.webp

Good afternoon D, glad football is back! Well I am glad this week is over, almost. I told the D I lost a good friend Monday, I made my, 5th trip to the funeral home this week today, I am emotionally spent. I had just told Mrs. M this morning how glad I was that this week was over, then we get a call telling us that her ex brother in law had passed away, he had a stroke about a month ago, was a great guy!!!!

We went to a concert last night at our yearly Labor Day Cruise In here in the Berg listened to a band called Endless Summer, great band! They are out of Indianapolis, if you ever get a chance to go to one of their concerts, be sure and go. They are a high energy group, they play our kind of music!!!! Mo-Town, 60', 70', 80', then throw in a little bit of early country. They took the stage at 7 and never stopped for over two hours. Then at the end they had all of us Veterans stand up, then they sang God Bless The USA, what a great evening.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT