ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

80° this morning with a high of 102° expected for the day. Grass is brown as we have not had rain in a while. Possibility of rain on Sunday, (go figure) as that is the first day of fall league (co-ed) softball.

Watched TNF last night and Aaron Rodgers looked as good as he in the past. He is the oldest player in the league (soon to be 41) and has the youngest player in the league as one of his running backs (Braelon Allen). They beat the Patriots 21-3.

Saw where Shohei Ohtani is the first player in MLB history to hit at least 50 home runs and 50 stolen bases during a season.

Go get that workday out of the way folks and prepare for the weekend. Maybe we can get a UK win this weekend.

God Bless.
He was six for six, 3 homers, 2 doubles, 2 stolen bases, 10 runs batted in. Almost un heard of stats.

Good morning folks.

I postponed mytrip home to Kentucky for a couple weeks. I've been battling a mild stomach flu. It wasn't enough to keep me from working long days, but it gradually has worn me town until I'm really fatigued. And sitting in a car along for 525 miles (one way) with stomach pain just finally seemed to be too much to take.

My RN wife wants me to go to the doctor. A drawback of being married to a health care worker is she knows too much about pain and suffering:
Me: "My stomach is still hurting."
Her: "Go see a doctor."
Me: "It is just temporary stomach pain, probably a really mild flu."
Her: "You know how many people have come in the hospital with 'mild stomach pain' and it turned out to be a symptom of a horrible fatal disease?"
Me "(silence. Where can you go from there?)

Glad it is Friday, and I'm not sitting in my car grinding through the West Virginia mountains. I hope you folks have a good day.

Hello all,

Day off? Off day... (Nah, My Darling and I went to the Quantico Marine Base Commissary...) Just returned a few minutes ago with a lunch stop at Popeye's (My Darlings idea.)

Thinking about watching a John Wayne movie in mind I just saw this...

Yeah, I stopped off at the package store (Class Six) on post too.... (Had a little sale...) (I stocked up...)

460653139_8949503968396437_6617129566251648552_n.jpg

Have a fine afternoon...

It gets hot every time bow season comes in, in Kentucky!!!!!
Back in the late seventies, early eighties, I was working at the "atomic plant" near Paducah. The gov bought up a lot of land around the plant to keep people away, so deer was plentiful. It could be hunted in certain areas at certain times. During one deer season, a guy decided to go deer hunting. He wore a plastic bag for camo\rain gear and brought a 12 pack of beer with him and sat out in a field drinking beer. Some other guy thought he was a deer and shot him through the heart. Empty beer cans were all around him.

Good morning folks.

Sunny, beautiful day in the east. Back from a run, followed by a short hike.

Bernie, that story about the guy being shot by a deer hunter reminded me of being in central Pennsylvania back in the early 1980s working on a pipeline job -- we were laying a gas line across the Susquehanna River.

On the first weekend of deer season in November we had Sunday off, and I was thinking I'd just hike out into a wooded area near where we were working and see some scenery.

I picked up a local paper on my way out to the woods and a story caught my eye: It warned people heading out into the woods to be careful, and noted, "There will be more armed people in the woods of Pennsylvania than there were armed American troops in Vietnam at the height of the war..." That sort of blew my mind and I decided I'd just hang around the local town where we were working.

That was more than 40 years ago, but I googled this story, and apparently things haven't changed much:

Good morning folks.

Sunny, beautiful day in the east. Back from a run, followed by a short hike.

Bernie, that story about the guy being shot by a deer hunter reminded me of being in central Pennsylvania back in the early 1980s working on a pipeline job -- we were laying a gas line across the Susquehanna River.

On the first weekend of deer season in November we had Sunday off, and I was thinking I'd just hike out into a wooded area near where we were working and see some scenery.

I picked up a local paper on my way out to the woods and a story caught my eye: It warned people heading out into the woods to be careful, and noted, "There will be more armed people in the woods of Pennsylvania than there were armed American troops in Vietnam at the height of the war..." That sort of blew my mind and I decided I'd just hang around the local town where we were working.

That was more than 40 years ago, but I googled this story, and apparently things haven't changed much:
At one time, there was maybe ( guessing) 5,000 people working at the plant, over 90% were day shift. They even had 2 doctors on duty during day shift. At 4:00 pm when they got off work, everyone left at once in a hurry. There was two lanes entering and three exiting with people in a hurry. Particularly during hunting season, the deer would congregate near the fence where they were safe. I saw as many as 40 in one herd next to the fence. Anyhow there was a close water source on one side of the road, but not on the other. Quite often people would hit a deer leaving the plant. Finally they dug a pond on the side without water and it became pretty rare to hit a deer.

Good evening everyone (possibly my first post in the evening).

I was scrolling around the computer to check on a shooting in my area (perhaps you heard about it) and decided to check here and see the happy posts about the game. I'm also excited to see the deer hunting talk....not so much about accidents. I once watched a video of a hunter fall all the way to his death from a stand. His buddy was filming the hunt from a nearby stand. Oh well, too hot/early for us to begin deer hunting.

@cordmaker Pretty birds in the pic. Do you have any robins?

Good evening everyone (possibly my first post in the evening).

I was scrolling around the computer to check on a shooting in my area (perhaps you heard about it) and decided to check here and see the happy posts about the game. I'm also excited to see the deer hunting talk....not so much about accidents. I once watched a video of a hunter fall all the way to his death from a stand. His buddy was filming the hunt from a nearby stand. Oh well, too hot/early for us to begin deer hunting.

@cordmaker Pretty birds in the pic. Do you have any robins?
Storm I have never made a Robin, as soon as I get done with this Saturday 28th, I will see if I can find a pattern. I've made over 50 Cardinals (not Loserville), yellow finch, blue birds and hummingbirds. I have a big artist show November 2nd, trying to get caught up on my stock. I am a "special guest artist" this coming Saturday. It makes me laugh at the title of special guest artist!😂😂😂

Storm I have never made a Robin, as soon as I get done with this Saturday 28th, I will see if I can find a pattern. I've made over 50 Cardinals (not Loserville), yellow finch, blue birds and hummingbirds. I have a big artist show November 2nd, trying to get caught up on my stock. I am a "special guest artist" this coming Saturday. It makes me laugh at the title of special guest artist!😂😂😂

Sir, with a little proper exposure, Michelangelo comes to mind.... Your work is epic!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT