ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

I didn't stay at a Holiday inn last night, but I've had them got the inserts, but my doctor told me 2 things to do. One was take a towel and before I get out of bed put it at my toes and pull back on it, that stretches it out, it use to hurt like heck the first step I took. The other thing was to roll my foot on a frozen water bottle. Yours may be totally different than mine, but that's what I did and didn't have to take any shots

I didn't stay at a Holiday inn last night, but I've had them got the inserts, but my doctor told me 2 things to do. One was take a towel and before I get out of bed put it at my toes and pull back on it, that stretches it out, it use to hurt like heck the first step I took. The other thing was to roll my foot on a frozen water bottle. Yours may be totally different than mine, but that's what I did and didn't have to take any shots
Nope, not different. Have those plus a few extra stretches as well.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 62°F and cloudy. Clearing later for a high of 75°F. Warm yesterday. Our high reached 79°F. Walked for about an hour in shorts.

Seeing radiation doctor this AM. Short visit. Must give disposition via phone at noon regarding a legal case about crap that happened years ago.

Happy Hump Day, y'all.

Edit: Go Cats! Beat Tigers.

Cue Cheech and Chong. If you know, you know.

DWhissgVoAA1dAj.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning all,

Sitting at my home office desk getting ready to hit the road. Woke up way early. Just have to make my cup of coffee and thermos and I am off.

Changes coming, I sure hope so....

Take what God gives you and use it to his glory. (Figuring out how to do that at times is the hard part.) Trust in him....

Go Cats!!!

Wildcat-Power.jpg

This is the intensity I hope we see tonight. If so, watch out LSU. GO CATS!

45° this morning with light winds. High today is to be around 80° with light winds. 70's through the rest of the week with Monday reaching near the mid 80's. Aloha. Will probably pick a day or two this coming few days or so to go after some bass.

Light workout this morning ending with the normal monster walk. Honey-do list (Sam's and Walmart) for wife afterwards.

Get over the hump today grinders and settle in this evening for what we hope is another win away from home.

Good day and God Bless.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 62°F and cloudy. Clearing later for a high of 75°F. Warm yesterday. Our high reached 79°F. Walked for about an hour in shorts.

Seeing radiation doctor this AM. Short visit. Must give disposition via phone at noon regarding a legal case about crap that happened years ago.

Happy Hump Day, y'all.

Here is to health and a good memory!

Edit: hear to here GEEZE

Last edited:
Good morning folks.

Austin, hope your health and legal issues both go well.

A bit more health sadness in my wife's family -- and thus in mine. Her favorite aunt in NYC is getting worse with her cancer diagnosis. Still hope, but not positive. Another aunt by marriage is in an irreversible coma in New York, and there may be a funeral as early as this week. And she is taking her step-father to Georgetown Medical Center today so he can have a suspicious brain shadow that showed up in an MRI further probed. With what my mother is going through, it just feels like we've been hit by a hurricane of bad news. I know it is inevitable with the generation older than us - people ranging into their 80s and older. But it is still a lot to deal with at once.

As a distraction, I'd love to see the Cats keep up some momentum today.

You all stay safe.

Good morning folks.

A bit more health sadness in my wife's family -- and thus in mine. Her favorite aunt in NYC is getting worse with her cancer diagnosis. Still hope, but not positive. Another aunt by marriage is in an irreversible coma in New York, and there may be a funeral as early as this week. And she is taking her step-father to Georgetown Medical Center today so he can have a suspicious brain shadow that showed up in an MRI further probed. With what my mother is going through, it just feels like we've been hit by a hurricane of bad news. I know it is inevitable with the generation older than us - people ranging into their 80s and older. But it is still a lot to deal with at once.

You all stay safe.

My Prayers your way MdW and to all of you. I will take that time shortly. God Bless you all and may God's strength and comfort overwhelm you.

Happy Hump Day, y'all.

DWhissgVoAA1dAj.jpg
Best wishes.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 35°F and clear. Touch breezy. Wind picking up later. Expecting 64°F for today's high.

Off today for Presidents Day, but transporting couple firearms to gun-shop for shipment. Finally get that task off off my plate.

Monday, Monday....

Wishing y'all an awesome day.

FMRy2-hXwAQd21x
A guy that I grew up with and still play music with to this day........his dad was on Iwo Jima that day......he carried it with him the rest of his life.......

A guy that I grew up with and still play music with to this day........his dad was on Iwo Jima that day......he carried it with him the rest of his life.......
My father in law, Richard Bardin, was in the U.S. Navy and survived the kamikaze attacks in the Philippine sea, Leyte Gulf, Okinawa et.al. He died in 2006 and until the day he died he told me that if he ever saw a Jap he would shoot him. (He carried a .44 all the time.)

They ruined him. He lived the rest of his life with a death wish and when they told him that he had cancer he said, so what, I will just die. And he did without any cancer treatment.

Here is a picture of Richard and his older brother Bob before they went away to war (Richard on the left and Bob on the right). The second picture is in 2004 again Richard on the left and Bob on the right).

Richard was in the Navy and survived the kamikazes. Bob was in the US Army air corp and was on the first B-29 over Toyko.

428611122_7189585224490333_338800784287124324_n.jpg
428615285_7189585461156976_3145102920521493509_n.jpg

I grew up with and lived with heros.

Bob is still alive and living my himself at 99 years old. Here is an old newspaper article about that flight:
1e6e007f-6e98-4dcc-9998-ad8965e0b802

My father in law, Richard Bardin, was in the U.S. Navy and survived the kamikaze attacks in the Philippine sea, Leyte Gulf, Okinawa et.al. He died in 2006 and until the day he died he told me that if he ever saw a Jap he would shoot him. (He carried a .44 all the time.)

They ruined him. He lived the rest of his life with a death wish and when they told him that he had cancer he said, so what, I will just die. And he did without any cancer treatment.

Here is a picture of Richard and his older brother Bob before they went away to war (Richard on the left and Bob on the right). The second picture is in 2004 again Richard on the left and Bob on the right).

Richard was in the Navy and survived the kamikazes. Bob was in the US Army air corp and was on the first B-29 over Toyko.

I grew up with and lived with heros.

Bob is still alive and living my himself at 99 years old. Here is an old newspaper article about that flight:
Dad's ship got torpedoed in August '45 while anchored in Okinawa Harbor just before Japan agreed to surrender. Killed 21 crew members & dang near sunk her on the spot. His brother in the Army Engineers on New Guinea was much more bitter about it than Dad. Shot at over & over building runways & bridges. Plus got malaria & received a partial disability for it. Five bronze stars for him. Just three for Dad.

Happy Hump Day, y'all.

DWhissgVoAA1dAj.jpg
P3cjKFLF_o.jpg

Qn9SJ2P1_o.jpg

images

Good morning folks.

You all stay safe.
P3cjKFLF_o.jpg

Hello all,

Go Cats!

I do hope all overcome the pains and hurts. I have to state, I am thankful. We all have our crosses to bear. I go back to in everything, give thanks. It is a verse among many I gain comfort by.... (The last several days have not been real fun for me. Had I not known and gained my faith to where it is at (Need more though.) I could not, at times, see myself existing...

1 Thessalonians 5:18​

“In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.”

I still read the King James Version... Many times, all that keeps me sane.... God has been so good to me, overcoming so much to be blessed and blessed again and again...

Take care my brother D-Leaguers....

I don't understand Calipari. We hit two 3's to open the 2nd half up 15 and they call a timeout, score 15 points to our 2 over the next couple of minutes and Cal waits to call a timeout when we only have a 2-point lead. Why? As soon as they scored 2 or 3 strait, call a damn timeout for crying out loud and rally the team.

LSU, 14-12 overall, 6-7 in the SEC. #10 position in the league. Cats up by 15 in the 2nd half. Horrible loss. No other way to describe it. This is not UK basketball. Every time this team seems to get it going they throw a clunker like this into the mix.

Also, Williams and Pasch have to be the worst combination for calling a game. Made the loss even more excruciating.

Bradshaw and Edwards. Both top 5 players coming out of high school. The 2 players that people were most excited about. Everyone expected them to lead the team. Dominate opponents. Hell, preseason Edwards was predicted to be the #1 draft in the NBA by many of the so-called experts. Now an afterthought.

p.s. I'll give Edwards credit though. He's making progress.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT