ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Yes I did Warrior. Thanks for asking. My right hip/leg is still weaker, and I’ll have to be patient and diligent with the physical therapy.

But 2023 begins with some promise. I hope the same is true for all D-Leaguers.
I don't think I have done up to two miles in years. I walk the monster and the best we do is a mile or so.

Is that because you can outrun her or is she just that tough?;)
Both.

Here's a list ranked in order of what I'm afraid of or concerned about hiking in the mountains.

1. Yellow Jackets
2. Heights
3. Stinging weeds (Stinging Nettle)
4. The sun
5. Rattlesnakes
6. Green briars
7. People
8. Copperheads
9. Steep hills
10. Bears

We've seen several of number 10 and 8 and have never been bothered by them. #1 is when my quickness comes into play even at my age. Unfortunately, I can't outrun them.

Both.

Here's a list ranked in order of what I'm afraid of or concerned about hiking in the mountains.

1. Yellow Jackets
2. Heights
4. The sun
5. Rattlesnakes
6. Green briars
7. People
8. Copperheads
9. Steep hills
10. Bears

We've seen several of number 10 and 8 and have never been bothered by them. #1 is when my quickness comes into play even at my age. Unfortunately, I can't outrun them.
When I go fishing, I wade a lot because of the pond grass that hangs around the bankside to about 10ft out. My biggest concern is water moccasins and beaver. Moccasins (and other water snakes) get curious and will swim up and be easily chased away but beaver, are a different story. They swim around you popping their tails in water as a warning and if there are more than one, they try to flank you while the other keeps your attention. Chased out a couple of times in the past by beaver.

Both.

1. Yellow Jackets
2. Heights
4. The sun
5. Rattlesnakes
6. Green briars
7. People
8. Copperheads
9. Steep hills
10. Bears

First off........Happy New Year.......if you ever get into stinging nettle again there is a companion plant called Dock that grows with stinging nettle.....it has big,round, long thick leaves....grab some of that and wad it up and roll it around in your hands.....rub it on the nettle sting and it will leave......

HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone on here! I hope 2024 is prosperous and fruitful for all............I have started the year off with a bang......I've had two naps today and I hardly ever take one..............was in bed at 9PM last night too......... The Director had to work today...........she will not let herself miss any of the Covid19 double time pay.....$2,500 for a 12 hr shift......I also have to add that I don't do New Year resolutions......the last one was in 1986 and the Director and myself gave up the tobacco habit.................

Last edited:
HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone on here! I hope 2024 is prosperous and fruitful for all............I have started the year off with a bang......I've had two naps today and I hardly ever take one..............was in bed at 9PM last night too......... The Director had to work today...........she will not let herself miss any of the Covid19 double time pay.....$2,500 for a 12 hr shift......I also have to add that I don't do New Year resolutions......the last one was in 1986 and the Director and myself gave up the tobacco habit.................

Some real good dough...

All also have a very happy and prosperous year yourselves....

God Bless you all...

First off........Happy New Year.......if you ever get into stinging nettle again there is a companion plant called Dock that grows with stinging nettle.....it has big,round, long thick leaves....grab some of that and wad it up and roll it around in your hands.....rub it on the nettle sting and it will leave......
Jewel weed (water weed) is said to do the same thing.

I will need lessons on posting pics here. I'm usually on my laptop when I visit here. Can I post pics straight from my phone?
I will help all I can. I have never had any luck posting pics from my phone. You have to either post something that is already on the internet by copying the address or like I do post the pictures to a hosting site. I use facebook (Free). I upload pictures to a photo album I created and only share it with myself. I can then copy and paste pictures here.

I will give you an idea...... I am going to screenshot this post using a picture format (JPG) and then upload it to facebook and then post a picture.

You will see a little box at the top hilighted in yellow. That is what you click to paste your picture.

After you save your picture online then...

1. Right-click on the picture you want to post (On your hosting site). (Then pick: Copy image address)

2. Click the box highlighted in yellow, then right click inside and click paste. Then click insert.

Your picture should show up in your post...

322938630_1293218041247499_877790706601600856_n.jpg

After several times you will get the hang of it...

Edit: Update... I just right-clicked on your avatar and pasted it below

... here it is...

137289.jpg

I just right-clicked on mine and pasted it here...

3832.jpg

You can actually do that with about any picture already on the internet. Try it, I don't think anyone in this thread will mind some practice posts... ;)

This same procedure works with about any picture on the internet.

As weird as I normally post it may be some relief.. ;)

Last edited:

Good morning from ATX. Currently 69°F and cloudy and heading to 78°F. Two chances for rain today.

New month, new year. Monday, Monday..
Happy 2023 D-League.

Big Ten collapse! I love it. I have so many Big Ten graduate friends who are constantly telling me the Big Ten is the sports equivalent of the SEC while being superior academically.

So great to see them fail again. Here’s an amazing statistic: In the past TWO DECADES the Big Ten has won one football and ZERO basketball championships. That’s the entire conference, not one program.
Ha ha. Too cool. Happy for the Horned Frogs. 4 more bowl games scheduled today.

Y'all behave.

Cream-Puff-Day-TN.jpg

Last edited:
Well son of a gun. It was there a moment ago. Those copperheads are hard to see. lol Well, I can see it when I click on the edit button.
Edit...I added a bear pic to the above post. We'll see if that one works.
I have that problem as well from time to time. Most pictures come out, but on occasion some don't, and I have not figured out why.

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

48° this morning with light rain. Mid 60's expected with possible storms throughout the day.

Wife has this week off as well as last week (whatever am I going to do). Normal workout shortly this morning and then on to my student. She texted me last night chomping at the bit to get back to training as I suspended it for the last two weeks (I don't train during the holidays).

Bengals have a path to hosting a game in the playoffs tonight with a win against the Bills. Ravens lost last night so; they could take a two-game lead in the AFC North with a win tonight and only one game left against the Ravens on Sunday.

Well, on to the workout. You folks take care today and God Bless.

Good morning D-League.

Found the limits of my new hip yesterday. After a long walk the day before without much discomfort at all, my wife -still strengthening her fractured ankle - wanted to walk about four miles. I figured I could do that easily but by the end was feeling discomfort and numbness. Great excuse to do nothing today!!

NFL Sunday worked out well for Bengals fans when Ravens coughed up a home game to the Steelers last night. Now Cincy just has to win either tonight or next week to take division -not both.

And —the Commanders, who I root hard against went from “win two and you are in” to losing to the hapless Browns and then being mathematically eliminated in a matter of a few hours. Good day. Now the Bengals can cap it off tonight.

Light work day today. Hope you all are doing well.

Good morning everyone.

I'll practice some more and move this pic over to this page. They were about 100 yards from/above the house. The closest one is a pretty big bear for KY.

I enjoyed watching the NFL yesterday. It's been a while since I watched that much. The Bengals doing better has gotten me interested again.

Not much on tap today except doing some work for an organization I'm getting back involved again.

I hope everyone has a great day.

270043912_10209632008074023_8674452731659237154_n.jpg

The main job of hosting a New Year's Eve party is to have a countdown to midnight. He blew it. bwahahaha!

"At the stroke of midnight Don Lemon and revelers in New Orleans were dancing to Juvenile's "Back That Azz Up" on CNN rather than celebrating the start of 2023 with toasts and kisses."

Happy New Year folks of the D-League.

I had a New Years party at my daughters house and on New Years day we went to their new house and took the tour. The new house is only 87 miles from mine which is good.

I was totally disappointed in the football Cats but with all of the dropouts I did not expect much. I don't want talent who will not play in the big games.

The basketball Cats whipped a bad team. I am still disappointed in this team and have no faith that they will make the NCAA. Talent wise they should be a one or two seed but so far they have not beaten a good team.

You all have a great Jan. 2nd.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT