ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning D-League. It's currently 53° and cloudy here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will bring cloudy skies and a high of 63°.

Everyone stay safe on this Sunday.

autumn-in-sandwich-new-hampshire-picture-id837977274

Good morning from ATX. Currently 55°F and clear, calm. Today's high expected around 86°F. No rain in our forecast coming over the next 7 days. We could sure use some.

Bummed about yesterday's loss, but those kinds of games happen. Rebs escaped with a W. Proud of our Cats.

Chores and grocery shopping on today's agenda. May watch some football.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

a367be23b9622ef0512c1f491edb5f74.jpg

Good morning from ATX. Currently 55°F and clear, calm. Today's high expected around 86°F. No rain in our forecast coming over the next 7 days. We could sure use some.

Bummed about yesterday's loss, but those kinds of games happen. Rebs escaped with a W. Proud of our Cats.

We are having scallops for dinner today. I had no idea it was national fried scallops day. We get them fresh out of the Gulf so they are never frozen. This is my favorite place around here to get fresh seafood.

aripeka_stone_crab_co-1536x1152.jpg

I "need" some scallops....been too long...

It is again sunny and 55.4°F on our way to 76°F and no chance of rain. I need rain, well I don't need rain, but my yard is begging for rain.

I don't know football rules, but I felt that the Ole Miss guy was out of bounds when he downed the ball on the 1 yard line. The refs reviewed it and still gave us the ball on the 1.

Kentucky sort of shot itself in the leg by missing two PAT's and one field goal. Get those and UK wins.

Bottom line I am proud of this team. They are tough.

The storm/flood damages in Florida are astounding. What bothers me is that the news goes to a trailer park to show damage. They need to show more where the buildings are substantial and I think it would be more telling of the actual damage. I suppose that there is not a lot to do with boats unless you drive them across the gulf to the Texas border, but then the storm would change directions and go to Texas!

You all have a good Sunday.

Morning Legionnaires!

63° with sunny skies and light winds. Mid to high 80's expected today. Still no rain for us either as it has been a while.

Watching Vikings and Saints in London. Stadium is full as I suspect US military from the UK and Europe traveled as well as US citizens working abroad along with the Brits who are now getting into it. There will be a game in Germany and Mexico in November. NFL now plays a few games a year over there. Apparently, there is talk of an expansion team being based in London or a team moves there in the next few years. Think of the travel and jet lag with that team. They would have to play 3 or 4 away games and then 3 or 4 home games at a time one would think.

It is again sunny and 55.4°F on our way to 76°F and no chance of rain. I need rain, well I don't need rain, but my yard is begging for rain.

I don't know football rules, but I felt that the Ole Miss guy was out of bounds when he downed the ball on the 1 yard line. The refs reviewed it and still gave us the ball on the 1.

Kentucky sort of shot itself in the leg by missing two PAT's and one field goal. Get those and UK wins.

Bottom line I am proud of this team. They are tough.

The storm/flood damages in Florida are astounding. What bothers me is that the news goes to a trailer park to show damage. They need to show more where the buildings are substantial and I think it would be more telling of the actual damage. I suppose that there is not a lot to do with boats unless you drive them across the gulf to the Texas border, but then the storm would change directions and go to Texas!

You all have a good Sunday.
If we could reach a time when all of the electrical lines are buried beneath the ground there is no telling how much money we could save when a storm like this hits. For the past 30 years I have lived in a home with utility lines buried underneath the ground. That is cable, internet and electricity. I do not have to worry about one of my trees or a strong wind damaging my power source to the house.

The time and expense to repair power lines and restore electricity will cost multi millions in dollars. I think all new construction is being coded for underground electric lines down here now. It may add a little to the initial cost but it sure saves money when a disaster hits.

Just got my ears lowered by my barber of about 35 years... My Darling...

She learned to cut hair on my ole Ronald Reagan oblong head. If she can cut my hair, she can cut any hair and she did...fades, razor fades, yadda, yadda, yadda.

I am thankful as she had a seriously large clientele when we lived in San Antonio.

I used to skip school sometimes and go to our local radio station. From out in the lobby, we would write down song requests and the DJ would actually play any song we would request. I have no idea why he thought we were there instead of at school.. Here's one I remember specifically remember requesting,

I remember that well.

Call me Austin Jr. today! Walking along a lonely stretch of road more or less in the middle of nowhere and found this:

I'd just passed about a half mile earlier a pair of heavy woolen, and good quality, women's knee socks laying on the white line in the middle of the road. Related? Who knows.

Call me Austin Jr. today! Walking along a lonely stretch of road more or less in the middle of nowhere and found this:

I'd just passed about a half mile earlier a pair of heavy woolen, and good quality, women's knee socks laying on the white line in the middle of the road. Related? Who knows.

That'll cushion that bet you lost on the Reds... 😁

Awesome find. Congrats! One or two of those usually come my way every year.

Morning Legionnaires!

63° with sunny skies and light winds. Mid to high 80's expected today. Still no rain for us either as it has been a while.

Watching Vikings and Saints in London. Stadium is full as I suspect US military from the UK and Europe traveled as well as US citizens working abroad along with the Brits who are now getting into it. There will be a game in Germany and Mexico in November. NFL now plays a few games a year over there. Apparently, there is talk of an expansion team being based in London or a team moves there in the next few years. Think of the travel and jet lag with that team. They would have to play 3 or 4 away games and then 3 or 4 home games at a time one would think.
Also there are discussions of Champions League Soccer matches being played in US. Net, going both ways.

Perhaps the proverbial breadcrumbs of a secret admirer. Be careful. ;)

Good Monday Morning

The weather this morning in one word. Gorgeous. We had overnight low's in the 50's, it is 62° this moment and will ease up to 78° by 3:00 PM. No rain in the forecast, low humidity, a pleasant breeze and plenty of sunshine.

I am headed to rehab this morning which I will be doing 3 times a week for until. I spoke to my last cousin who was in the hurricane yesterday. All is well but now the work starts. I might head down and help him out, at least comfort and be thee for the family. Ian completely missed my brother and a whole bunch of nieces and nephews. For this we are thankful.

Take care all,

309720807_656513499175783_2684586818668967102_n.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

52° this morning with light winds. 85° with sunny skies expected.

Renewing tags on my hooptie this morning then on to the gym to play Mr Miyagi for an hour or so. My student has not sparred in a while so, I will put on my protective gear and give her a target to beat up.

Yoos guys enjoy your day and Be Careful Out There.

Our gasoline is 25.3 cents cheaper in Florida this morning. Governor DeSantis and the State Legislature ordered a state tax gasoline holiday. If a station does not drop its prices by this amount they will be considered price gouging. The average price is about $3.00 per gallon and no station is allowed to increase the base price more than it was before Hurricane Ian. So if you were charging $3.25 before the storm it is $3.00 now.

If you see one that did not drop the price, you are instructed to call the Agriculture Commisoners office who is in charge of such matters.

Good morning D-League. Still cold and rainy here. Good weather to stay in bed.

I see on Rafters that Tyler Herro signed a four-year deal for $130 million. Amazing what a guy who was "sixth man of the year" can be paid. What do starters make? I'm happy for him. I just wish he hadn't gone cold in that Auburn game in the Elite Eight, but it happens.

Still, with Biden guaranteed two more years that may end up barely paying the bills with inflation, taxes, slaring interest rates and all the ways people even in the Middle Class are going to be squeezed to bribe the people who keep "progressives" in office.

Busy day ahead, so I'll wish you folks well and catch up with you later.

Morning Legionnaires!

52° this morning with light winds. 85° with sunny skies expected.

Renewing tags on my hooptie this morning then on to the gym to play Mr Miyagi for an hour or so. My student has not sparred in a while so, I will put on my protective gear and give her a target to beat up.

Yoos guys enjoy your day and Be Careful Out There.
I asked my buddy (now deceased) who was into full contact karate to many questions one day and he wanted to show me a few things, so I (with protective gear) let him. The guy could kick like the proverbial mule.

It is sunny and 55.0°F on our way to 75°. No rain for the week and we need it.

The political side of the Biden administration is driving me crazy. The VP wants the Hurricane payouts based on "Equity" not need. Can you imagine a more racist position? Joe called on a Congresswoman to stand up forgetting that she died in a car wreck last month. They all swear that the border is closed.

The Cats only dropped down to 13 in both polls. Not too bad.

I have never watched a soccer game in my life.

Seems like a boring sport plus I don't know all the rules so I have never watched a game either...if you didn't grow up with a sport, not likely you will get into it. Hockey seems a lot more exciting than soccer, but I got the same problem with it, I don't know the rules. Have loved 2 or 3 hockey movies though (Miracle...the movie about when we beat the Soviets is great)...the show Ted Lasso is about soccer I like it, first season more than season 2.

I have never watched a soccer game in my life.
I HAVE watched a soccer game, but I'm sure the D-League will forgive me when you hear the circumstances. When I was living in South Florida in 77-78 there was a soccer team called the Ft. Lauderdale Strikers who played in the old Lockhart Stadium best recalled as the scene of Yankees spring training games in that era.

Sometime in that period a buddy says to me, "You gotta go to a soccer game with me." I declined, from zero interest. "No, you don't get it," he says. "It's HALTER TOP night."

And so it was. Women wearing skimpy halter tops were let in free. Man, the hot girls turned out like you would not believe and what passed for "halter tops" in some cases left very little to the imagination. One of the great sporting events attended live in my life.

As for the actual game of soccer, the first goal I saw scored was waved off. Why? BECAUSE THE GUY HAD BEATEN THE DEFENSE DOWN THE PITCH. That's off-sides. In basketball terms, a break-away dunk would be waved off because you didn't let the defense catch up and get behind you. That's when I knew the game was not for me.

< - played soccer in high school and club football (soccer) in Germany. I follow Bundesliga and Austin FC, although not nearly as closely as college football and basketball.
I do not dislike soccer or have any bias against it, I just have never been exposed to it. When I was in high school no one had ever heard of the sport to speak of. It was some foreign game much like cricket, another sport I have no idea how to play.

If you go back to the year I graduated from H.S. 1961, baseball was still King. A battle between Maris and Mantle to break the Babe's home run title was the hot sports talk of the year. The NBA was another sport that was not popular then but NFL football was. It was baseball and football and boxing that got the attention of most people.

My son played football and my daughter got into cheer leading in the 1970's and 80's but a few of their friends played soccer. I am just in a different generation than the average Joe. College football was also very popular across the country but college basketball was still regional in popularity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT