ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

The BB has been taking pictures the last couple weeks. I cannot keep my phone cleared of the pictures he takes.

The boy took a picture of our open toilet seat and took My Darlings phone, got on her facebook and created a story of the toilet seat, My Darling was panicking trying to figure out how to remove the story and picture. My son's girl friend liked the story........ You had to laugh and laugh, and laugh...

How the BB took this picture I have no idea but wow...

295445568_5866053533408178_5338705974920263799_n.jpg
All I can say is talent. That picture was taken by a boy with talent.

All I can say is talent. That picture was taken by a boy with talent.

I hope, I just bought him and my Grand daughter a harmonica. I am actually going downstairs shortly as I tracked the package and it is one stop away. I wanted to see if they have the desire or aptitude for music. I thought the harmonica was light enough for them to enjoy. (Got a good deal on amazon.)

Last edited:
Just curious, I take it the cats are gone now? (I had issues similar with my Mom later in her life but the money was not available to the extent my Mom could do too much in the hoarding department. She did do what she could.) My Brother and Sister assisted much more as I was in the Army at the time. My Mom was put in a nursing home due to several issues. In any event, I feel for you and your family.
I have been there about 4 times since the fire and have seen no cats.

We think it would be best if she went to a home if she does not go to Florida (big house, lots of room, plenty of money). She says she is not going to Florida; she wants to live here at our house (not going to happen). My wife has suggested a home but, she says she will go back to that old house before she did that.

Man O' Man, you sure eat good BBUK. Your darling is a world class cook, this looks like something out of a 5 star restaurant in New York City.

Just what I was thinking and healthier than I eat.

Thank you. I am thankful. I always tell My Darling that all she has to do is stick her finger in the food and it tastes good. I just stay overwhelmed at what I am able to eat. I state to many (Not in a bragging way) Kings should be able to eat like I eat.

My wife made this for me for supper today... (A very lightly spicy couple pieces of pork and rice. That is dried, seasoned seaweed at the very top of the picture in the tray.)

295816090_5866492540030944_7001368542011617578_n.jpg

Good morning D-League. Was up early enjoying a clear, crisp morning in the east.
Things are a bit of a grind right now at work and overall. Looking forward to the Cats playing in the Bahamas and the college football season.

Falling a bit behind on getting out the door to work, so Iā€™ll wish you all well and catch up later.

Good morning D-League. Was up early enjoying a clear, crisp morning in the east.
Things are a bit of a grind right now at work and overall. Looking forward to the Cats playing in the Bahamas and the college football season.

Falling a bit behind on getting out the door to work, so Iā€™ll wish you all well and catch up later.
Yeah, getting to watch 4 basketball games this early helps me to be less antsy as the football season gets closer. Baseball sometimes fills the void but given the Reds struggles this year (although doing better lately sorry Md) it has been hard without good sports to watch.

Yeah, getting to watch 4 basketball games this early helps me to be less antsy as the football season gets closer. Baseball sometimes fills the void but given the Reds struggles this year (although doing better lately sorry Md) it has been hard without good sports to watch.
Thanks Warrior. I may be on the hook for lunch unless Cincy remembers who they are pretty soon.

The middle of July to the beginning of September has always been the worst stretch of the year for both sports and weather for me, with the rare exception of when the Reds are true contenders. Canā€™t take the heat. And donā€™t like golf or NASCAR or soccer or whatever else is out there until college football and baseball playoffs.

Thanks Warrior. I may be on the hook for lunch unless Cincy remembers who they are pretty soon.

The middle of July to the beginning of September has always been the worst stretch of the year for both sports and weather for me, with the rare exception of when the Reds are true contenders. Canā€™t take the heat. And donā€™t like golf or NASCAR or soccer or whatever else is out there until college football and baseball playoffs.
Down here July 1 through September 24 is scallop season in my county. It has been a very good season and the little jewels are delicious right out of the Gulf. Never frozen, just clean them and cook them to perfection. I look forward to it and my appetite is at it's peak during that time.

maxresdefault.jpg

I don't do golf either although I have several retired military guys who are trying to get me to stop softball and join them golfing. Uh, the price to shift from one to the other would take some doing. Golf clubs and golf in general is more expensive. I told them that I was not old enough to start playing golf yet.

Down here July 1 through September 24 is scallop season in my county. It has been a very good season and the little jewels are delicious right out of the Gulf. Never frozen, just clean them and cook them to perfection. I look forward to it and my appetite is at it's peak during that time.

maxresdefault.jpg
Heh, heh, heh, Jewels.

I don't do golf either although I have several retired military guys who are trying to get me to stop softball and join them golfing. Uh, the price to shift from one to the other would take some doing. Golf clubs and golf in general is more expensive. I told them that I was not old enough to start playing golf yet.
I've got a used set for sale: $100.

294329212_10226548832727633_277280521999061965_n.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Sir, that is about my favorite "seefood". The scallops I mean.... šŸ˜

maxresdefault.jpg
It took me a long time to see the scallops! :)

Morning folks. It is a cloudy 77.9Ā°F on our way to 86Ā°. We were blessed the past 24 hours with 1.19" of rain. My yard is happy now. The weeds in the mulch are happy also until it quits raining and I mix up some roundup.

I am getting more used to the cane as the days go by, I am much more agile with it than the walker.

My kids are vacating this weekend down to Myrtle Beach, SC. They got to get the traveling in why can still move.

I loved the scallops comments!

Good morning, D, read Mark 16, on to Luke.

Bert, we got over 2" last night, quiet a storm moved through here, started around 11 I think, lots of thunder and lightning. Hope you are feeling better!

Decided to mow yesterday, glad I did, when I got done check the temp, said it felt like 102. When I decided to mow it was cloudy with a good breeze, as soon as I cranked the motor, the skies cleared up and the wind quit blowing, go figure!!!! Then as soon as I finished it got cloudy again!

I saw the talk about hip replacements, been through 2 of them. First one I stayed in a surgery center in Rockport Ind., was there 24 hours, I got there at 7:10 on a Monday morning and left at exactly 7:10 on Tuesday morning! The second one was after I retired, they made me have it done at the hospital in Owensboro because of Medi-Care, did fine with both of them, no therapy with either one.

I hope the D has a great day and prayers for the D!!

I wanted to see what my blood pressure was after I mowed yesterday, I figured it would be high, but after push mowing it, it was 104/ 70, Mrs. M ask me if I wanted her to call Tuckers!!!!

Something funny from yesterday, Mrs. M was keeping me with water and some watermelon, I was taking a break about ever 30 minutes, so I am eating my watermelon and I hear her say, ok I will get you some more when that runs out baby, I said OK, then she said I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to the hummingbird!! Get no respect in a Rodney Dangerfield voice!!!!!

Good morning, D, read Mark 16, on to Luke.

Bert, we got over 2" last night, quiet a storm moved through here, started around 11 I think, lots of thunder and lightning. Hope you are feeling better!

. . . . .
You are stealing my rain.

Would you please tell me which preacher you pay? I need to pay him instead of mine! :)

Been busy today but it was expected. Still have much to do late into the evening/ morning. (That's okay.) Going to take a few minutes to drive with My Darling to pick up the BB. He will be with us the next three days. (I am off tomorrow but the BB has school.) He liked his harmonica. His Mom dropped it off to us earlier as he wanted to take it to school. We shall see...

296023088_5868818046465060_5806519031424687356_n.jpg

Life in the city, part #2,385

To clear my head just now, I was taking a walk around the block at 7th and E, NW, DC - very nice area which is part of what's known as Penn Quarter, just a couple blocks from the National Archives and near several Smithsonian museums.

I get to a corner, where the city has put out these large concrete planters about three feet high and four feet across as a beautification effort, filled with leafy green plants.

And there is a white woman wearing running shorts bent over at the waist and with bent knees with her head completely buried in this planter - arms hanging limp at her side.

I did a double-take, then decided, Jeezus, this is a dead body. I felt I had to do something and started moving to her. Luckily, some young black dude was quicker on his feet, got to her and started shaking her. and yelling, "Ma'am, you okay?"

After almost a full minute of this, she pulls her head out of the shrubbery, stumbles to her feet, and mumbles something about being okay. She's obviously either drunker than I've been in my life at 3:30 on a Thursday or on serious drugs. Her face looks 20 years older than I would have predicted seeing her bent over the planter, and she's got bits of shrubbery stuck everywhere.

Hard life. And weird times in the city.

Last edited:

To clear my head just now, I was taking a walk around the block at 7th and E, NW, DC - very nice area which is part of what's known as Penn Quarter, just a couple blocks from the National Archives and near several Smithsonian museums.
OK, so why is Columbus Circle shaped like a kidney bean?

I get to a corner, where the city has put out these large concrete planters about three feet high and four feet across as a beautification effort, filled with leafy green plants.

And there is a white woman wearing running shorts bent over at the waist and with bent knees with her head completely buried in this planter - arms hanging limp at her side.

I did a double-take, then decided, Jeezus, this is a dead body. I felt I had to do something and started moving to her. Luckily, some young black dude was quicker on his feet, got to her and started shaking her. and yelling, "Ma'am, you okay?"

After almost a full minute of this, she pulls her head out of the shrubbery, stumbles to her feet, and mumbles something about being okay. She's obviously either drunker than I've been in my life at 3:30 on a Thursday or on serious drugs. Her face looks 20 years older than I would have predicted seeing her bent over the planter, snf dhr'd got bits of shrubbery stuck everywhere.

Hard life. And weird times in the city.
I've posted before about spending time in Turkey, sometimes in the city of Izmir. If you went down to the waterfront area, there was this one area where you'd see what I then considered old men sitting and smoking hash in their water pipes. You'd see an entire city block almost elbow to elbow with men sitting there in public smoking hash.

I've posted before about spending time in Turkey, sometimes in the city of Izmir. If you went down to the waterfront area, there was this one area where you'd see what I then considered old men sitting and smoking hash in their water pipes. You'd see an entire city block almost elbow to elbow with men sitting there in public smoking hash.
Bernie,

I've seen some similar sad scenes. One I remember was Needle Park in Zurich back in the early 1990s when Switzerland tried the big experiment in legalizing heroin as long as you used it in that park. Zonked out, mostly dead people laying thick as leaves on the ground.

Then there was this place, outside Quetta on the Afghanistan-Pakistan border. The local authorities had isolated all the people addicted to the Afghan heroin in a CEMETERY outside town - the easier for disposal, I suppose. A photographer and I spent a very spooky night there in October, 2001, for a story of the Afghan heroin trade while we waited to slip into Afghanistan to cover the war. Bottom line: There is no good way to deal with drug addiction.

The breakfast of Champions....

295296584_5865415660138632_7514230188024146294_n.jpg

Use this in my coffee along with a crystal or three of sea salt (Thanks again for the tip of the sea salt from a poster in this thread.)

The coffee, made this way, to me is pleasing to drink. (I liked my coffee previously but this way is the best version yet...to me..)

294767966_5865417083471823_1446135754838915722_n.jpg

(Oh, the above version of coconut milk is the only pure version I could find. The rest of the milks I saw that had coconut were blended with something else, like almond milk or oat milk. I am not an organic buyer unless that is all there is.)

My Darling and I did not have a Little Caesar's Pizza last night... A large carryout cheese pizza with light sauce..... We did not............. well....
Where's the peanut butter for the apple?!!!!

Bernie,

I've seen some similar sad scenes. One I remember was Needle Park in Zurich back in the early 1990s when Switzerland tried the big experiment in legalizing heroin as long as you used it in that park. Zonked out, mostly dead people laying thick as leaves on the ground.

Then there was this place, outside Quetta on the Afghanistan-Pakistan border. The local authorities had isolated all the people addicted to the Afghan heroin in a CEMETERY outside town - the easier for disposal, I suppose. A photographer and I spent a very spooky night there in October, 2001, for a story of the Afghan heroin trade while we waited to slip into Afghanistan to cover the war. Bottom line: There is no good way to deal with drug addiction.

Interesting and sad.

Back in '82, we went out on border interdiction missions in the Sinai with an older, grizzled CIA operative, last name NĆ¼ssbaumer. He was Swiss. Highly experienced gent and a real cultural expert. I'd say he's since passed away. If not, he's pushing 100. At any rate, he touched briefly on drug addiction within the Arab cultures. According to him, while it exists, usually younger members of the various tribes fall into the addiction trap, and it's heavily frowned upon in an informal way. They (elders and peers) jump on it quickly because out in the desert, one requires a clear head simply for survival. Probably much different in populated areas.

My major takeaway was there are many more lucrative opportunities selling drugs to tourists than consuming. Ha ha, he added, "I bet your comrades purchase hashish from various tribesmen while on patrol. Sellers won't use the stuff because of pressure from elders". About a week later, I found out he was right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT