ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Now you know what they mean when someone says us old folks have a screw loose. I look at the photo of my spine occasionally to remind me of my limitations in life.

Life is good if you can find a skilled surgeon as time goes by

00-VGoiT3Y43HCVi5zFo8RP4qAIx90G3xGFQmQ4UHj7teSlWETG4SKgNP5fkvUSgSUN5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg

00-VGoiT3Y43HCVi5zFo8RP4qAIx90G3xGFQmQ4UHj7teSGg-8Xnh64ZMTmiYNu4X234xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA
Dang more screws than me.

I have to disagree. I love the white helmet.

I'm sure everyone knows this, but in case there are some younger, or non-Cincy area folks: I was a kid of about nine when Cincinnati first got a franchise, and the big hoopla in the area in those days were the White Tiger Cubs the zoo had started breeding. That's why people voted for the name Bengals in the local newspaper polls, and a white helmet makes sense.

White is prejudice.... No way that stands... must mean white supremacy.

Hello All,
My Darling, the BB, and I went to Church, went to Popeye's, went to ALDI's, then to Walmart, now home. Back to work I go,.... No one knows it but I bought the BB "an Harmonica" on line. (Got that bit from M*A*S*H*). Should arrive in the next couple days. (Want to see if he can create like I think he can. If so I WILL pick up my guitar again to play, if the Lord doesn't take me home.)

Not sure how many coins I collected, packed them all away in boxes.

I received some nice ones for work I did at the time. I've had the pleasure of being able to have innovative items in several areas implemented. Several were high echelon. I gave the high speed coins to my brother. (Gave the dough to My Darling...) ;)

Last edited:
Good morning folks. Back from a long walk. A bit cooler today. My intrepid wife is in the late stages of training for a marathon so she's off with her runner's group doing 20 miles this morning. Makes me hurt all over the think about it. They start way up in Montgomery County Maryland where we live and run all the way to Union Station - the historic train station in DC on the edge of Capitol Hill. Coincidentally, when my wife and I first met and she was a young writer of about 23 and I was in my late 20s, I lived in that area and we used to take nighttime walks down to the train station to eat at an Italian Restaurant that was in the building -- while still a train station it had been converted into a shopping and dining area. Good memories.

You guys talking about coins -- I'll bet there is quite a collection of challenge coins among the ex-military folks here.

It would probably piss off some military guys who worked hard to be recognized, but when I was in combat zones with units, if I behaved respectfully, and wrote honest, informed pieces about a unit, sometimes the commanders at division, brigade or battalion level would give me a coin. Over the years between Desert Storm - first time I ever heard of such a thing - and my last embed in Baghdad with a 10th Mountain Division unit in 2007, I collected about 30 of them, and they represent important memories to me.
Marathons....what's all the fuss about them. I run them all the time. It may take a week to complete one but I get there...with several breaks...
:p

My brother has run two Marine Corp marathons and he tried to get me to do it. I said, NOPE, I run enough as it is I don't need to run a marathon. Plus, like I tell my Doctor, unless I'm running in a beautiful park somewhere, I HATE running! I HATE IT! Then he looks at me and tells me to keep running. 😟

I am off to destroy a hornets nest at my friends house about a half mile away. Putting on my UK jacket to protect me. (What can I say the chump gave the BB a super soaker today. I am going to his house wet. The BB has been bathed and is getting ready for bed. I am off to a fight. We shall see... back in about 30 to 45 minutes..... (I hope)

I am off to destroy a hornets nest at my friends house about a half mile away. Putting on my UK jacket to protect me. (What can I say the chump gave the BB a super soaker today. I am going to his house wet. The BB has been bathed and is getting ready for bed. I am off to a fight. We shall see... back in about 30 to 45 minutes..... (I hope)
Good luck. I hate wasps. Got stung on th foot by a yellow jacket once and my foot swelled up almost double.

Good luck. I hate wasps. Got stung on th foot by a yellow jacket once and my foot swelled up almost double.

Sorry to hear that. Yeah bee's and the like are tough to deal with. I used to do this stuff for a living 20 plus years ago. (Just returned) Hornets stings zero, hornets dead, several hundred. BBUK won this round... but I'm cautious going forward...

I hit the nest earlier today with an end of a can of hornet spray. (It is about three feet off the ground built on some sort of junction box against the house.) I found another full can when I came back home. Took one of these with me...

10339266.jpg

Doused the nest with the hornet spray/ foam, raked the tines through the nest to rip it to shreds and ...........................run..............

Came back in about two minutes and doused it again and left.

(Good to do this type stuff after dark. Have a light on somewhere in the opposite direction you are at or going to...)

I am thankful...

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

My Buddy (I hired him when he was in Colorado for my agency as the hiring manager and we hit it off from afar. He's a Kentucky boy.) He got a job on Fort Belvoir and moved here. He has been a good friend I enjoy being around. (His wife is expecting so I volunteered to destroy that nest. I'd have done it anyway.)

Anyway my Buddy stated: "That didn't take long.", I stated: Doesn't take me long to look at a hornet.." 😅 😅

Have a comforting evening...

Last edited:
I enjoyed this show when it was live, and I enjoy it as much now if not more. (I watch very little entertainment now but this is classic television...)

Good morning from ATX. Currently 79°F, clear with periodic clouds. Today's high expected around 103°F.

Houston businessman Jim "Mattress Mack" McIngvale dropped $4 million on the Astros to win the World Series again. I believe Braves upset some plans last year. His promotions are legendary.

Must go with wife to dentist again this morning. Leaving at 11 am. Working first.

Monday, Monday. These weekends are too short.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

befunky-design18.jpg

Morning legionnaires!

Another hot day in triple digits (the norm right now) 103° expected, but there is hope at the end of the week. Friday looks like 90° and Saturday 88° with the overnight temps getting around 70°. Possible rain both days. Fishing will happen one of those days. Have not fished in about 10 days or so and I am starting to get that itch.

SIL with her two girls (16 and 12) got in last night from Florida preparing to go look at the damage at the burned rental house which half of the stuff in that hoarder house is hers. They are staying in a hotel on Lawton. Wife does not want them to stay here because both girls are undisciplined and loud. Her (my wife) and her sisters are at odds which is the norm for them. Her other sister in Arizona is a big America hater and is paying for a house in Mexico which they will be moving to sometime in the near future. Her son (6' 10") is getting married there in November. They all want to be expatriated. You know America haters don't sit well with me so, I don't have any interactions with them.

Well, enough of the in-law crap, it has been that way for years. Their father left them when they were young only to come back after they were grown and mom did nothing for them so, they basically raised themselves.

Hey, @MdWIldcat55, @Bert Higginbotha, and anyone else getting medical problems fixed, I will pray for a safe procedure and a speedy recovery.

Good Monday Morning D

Well today will be warm and sunny. We have 74° and may creep up over that 90° mark by this afternoon. We will have 50% chance of rain. Thunderstorms and hard rain have been with us the past few weeks. It is summer and summer brings the rain.

Today the Sales Tax Holiday starts which means school is returning soon. It will run through August 7. We have a few weeks suspension of taxes on many items this time of year. It includes computers, clothes, and school supplies so this is a good time to shop. The stores discount a lot of these items as well.

I have a full day ahead and trust all are well. Keep moving

294599372_643247327424272_6064489041961589465_n.jpg

Strange things are happening at our airports nationwide. Cancellations are just a part of it.

My wife flew out of Bluegrass in Lexington last week and as they were ready to depart the jetway that attached to the plane would not disengage. So they had to call mechanics to get it unstuck. It took about 90 minutes.

I have been flying well over 60 years and that has never happened to me. How does it even happen. Are they ignoring maintenance because of shortage of airport workers. How about buying a can of grease once in awhile

OIP.i-J2C6DW9YZcUXsdsgMpXAHaEc

Strange things are happening at our airports nationwide. Cancellations are just a part of it.

My wife flew out of Bluegrass in Lexington last week and as they were ready to depart the jetway that attached to the plane would not disengage. So they had to call mechanics to get it unstuck. It took about 90 minutes.

I have been flying well over 60 years and that has never happened to me. How does it even happen. Are they ignoring maintenance because of shortage of airport workers. How about buying a can of grease once in awhile

OIP.i-J2C6DW9YZcUXsdsgMpXAHaEc
I lived in airports from 1969 to 2000 and it never happened to me either.

The airlines were so perfect that all had to be up to date on Covid 19 shots that they forgot what in hell they are supposed to do. Fire a guy with years of experience to get a vaccinated ass hole that does not know his ass from first base.

Now the Armed forces are going woke. They are recruiting a girl being raised by two mothers to fight wars. Explain that to Red China.

Don't forget who you vote for. If they have a D even near their name: walk.

This shit is getting serious.

Let's go Brandon!

I lived in airports from 1969 to 2000 and it never happened to me either.

The airlines were so perfect that all had to be up to date on Covid 19 shots that they forgot what in hell they are supposed to do. Fire a guy with years of experience to get a vaccinated ass hole that does not know his ass from first base.

Now the Armed forces are going woke. They are recruiting a girl being raised by two mothers to fight wars. Explain that to Red China.

Don't forget who you vote for. If they have a D even near their name: walk.

This shit is getting serious.

Let's go Brandon!

Yes Sir, this is getting horrible and ... I will stop.

Edwards is a Cat...

Da Brudder got body guards already. The POTUS wishes he had those.... 😅 ;) (The announcer could have introduced them...)

Edit: I swiped this from RR...

Was listening to the Leach Report this morning, they said he had the potential to be the best wing since Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. Hopefully his time at UK ends the same way as MKG's.

Saw this, haven't read it but thought it may interest some....

Edit: I watched it now.... o_O

Last edited:
Good morning from ATX. Currently 78°F and clear with periodic clouds. Today's high may peak at 104°F. No record highs in danger. 45 days of triple-digit temperatures so far this year.

Guess another shark week happening on one of the channels. Wife left TV on and Tiger sharks, 'the garbage can of the sea', is presently the main theme.

Huge commit for the Cats yesterday. Always good beating out UT for talent.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

national-coffee-milkshake-day-drink-glass-whipped-cream-sweet-icon-221799002.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT