ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

They had a truck like this one at the hot rod car show at the fair grounds. I don't know if it was this particular one or not, but just like it. I had no idea they had been around for so long when I asked the guy when they started. 1907.
980x400_LoadedPackageCar_1923.jpg

It doesn't belong to Patty, but the post reminds me of this place. If in the area and you like country cooking, try it out.

We ate there this past summer when we flew up to the opry and my cousin's birthday. It is really a great place to eat. 5 stars

I read about Steve Zahn the other day. That guy said that he wasn't what people expected him to be. A slacker like he played in some show. He gets up at 0600 each day without a clock ready to go. He played a stoner in an arc of Modern Family one season, but my favorite Zahn role was in Happy Texas.

Indie film that didn't get a lot of play but won some award. It's hilarious and he is great in it.

I've not seen him play a slacker, so I've not seen much of his filmography I guess. He seems in Sahara more like some former military I've known. Specifically Navy. Disciplined but laid back.

Kinda random for a Saturday afternoon, but I heard this song on a podcast I was listening to and figured I'd share it. Very late in George Jones' life and maybe his voice wasn't what it was in the 1960s and 1970s, but man, still gives me chills.

George's voice was not what you'd ever call a classic singing voice (Never mentioned if that classic voice was country or another genre...) but where George lacked the classic singing voice, he sang with an emotion that translated into a sound that was sweet to the ear. The emotion he sang with was what enamored and captivated his fans of which I am a huge one. George Jones related to the average fan much like Loretta Lynn, Hank Williams Sr., Stevie Wonder, Merle Haggard, etc...

Listening to this song was like listening to most of his other songs. I listened to the end as his voice and introspective reflection kept my attention... Yeah, been thinking about music again though I didn't touch my guitar last night like I intended...(I will)

Been out with my Darling and the Booger Butt as his Mom is working five straight twelve hour shifts that started last night. We had a good time.

Remember the stink and uproar about the East German "women" back in the day? They still hold the olympic records in shot put and discus.

Won't for very long, now. Lol.

This is straight up a return to medieval times and people are too blind to see it. Women will be replaced and never get back their seats at the table where they've worked so hard to sit. The left supports abusive regimes from the middle east to southeast asia and thinks they'll not be abusive once they have the whole world under their control. Absolute madness

George's voice was not what you'd ever call a classic singing voice (Never mentioned if that classic voice was country or another genre...) but where George lacked the classic singing voice, he sang with an emotion that translated into a sound that was sweet to the ear. The emotion he sang with was what enamored and captivated his fans of which I am a huge one. George Jones related to the average fan much like Loretta Lynn, Hank Williams Sr., Stevie Wonder, Merle Haggard, etc...

Listening to this song was like listening to most of his other songs. I listened to the end as his voice and introspective reflection kept my attention... Yeah, been thinking about music again though I didn't touch my guitar last night like I intended...(I will)

Been out with my Darling and the Booger Butt as his Mom is working five straight twelve hour shifts that started last night. We had a good time.

George Jones' voice has a native American sound to me. Reminds me of a famous singer from that genre. I agree on the emotion as that is how nearly all native american tunes are that I appreciate. Haunting and echoing like they are singing out of the holler of time.

I always wondered how The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald would sound if Jones sang it. I like the original, but I bet George's voice would give it a little more

George Jones' voice has a native American sound to me. Reminds me of a famous singer from that genre. I agree on the emotion as that is how nearly all native american tunes are that I appreciate. Haunting and echoing like they are singing out of the holler of time.

I always wondered how The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald would sound if Jones sang it. I like the original, but I bet George's voice would give it a little more

Gordon L... Whoa...

Just got back from the store. Went to Walmart because of one thing I needed. Figured I could get all the food stuff there as well. They had the little cucumbers I need to make pickles, but all the bacon they had was thick cut. I needed cheap ole thin slice bacon. Then I found out they were out of chicken wings. Lots of breasts, thighs, and drums. No wings except frozen ones that I didn't want for today.

Went to the little country store on the way back home and they had plenty chicken wings and cheapo bacon. I'll be starting the bacon wrapped pickle odyssey here shortly.

Well, I typed all that about an hour ago but didn't hit the button...

I've got the pickles pickling but I'm not going to have enough time to fool with those tonight. I'll do it tomorrow. Wings are in the oven and should be ready a little before game time.

...then he's an idiot and they should refuse to let him do it.
The people in Holland building the boat should know how big they can go. They didn't care because Jeff can afford it. Damn the poors and the headaches losing that bridge for a few weeks will cause.
Kansas up on Baylor by 30. That helps UK at this point.
Beat Bama and it helps as well since Bama beat Baylor.

My only question for the night with $€C offices up the road in Alabama is whether the officials will be 2-0 vs UK in their home state. We can make it to .500 in AL if we can overcome their striped 6th man tonight

Last edited:
The people in Holland building the boat should know how big they can go. They didn't care because Jeff can afford it. Damn the poors and the headaches losing that bridge for a few weeks will cause.

Bozo should have the money to figure it out for himself and not trouble the Dutch about their bridge. Build it for him and let him figure out what to do with it. He can get a few Amazon branded cargo helicopters to airlift it to the ocean

Bozo should have the money to figure it out for himself and not trouble the Dutch about their bridge. Build it for him and let him figure out what to do with it. He can get a few Amazon branded cargo helicopters to airlift it to the ocean
Paul Harvey told me that the booster rockets for the space shuttles are the size they are due to size of Roman chariots. From there and all through history a size was fairly constant for train tracks. The booster rockets had to fit through RR tunnels. Now you know, the rest, of the story.

Paul Harvey told me that the booster rockets for the space shuttles are the size they are due to size of Roman chariots. From there and all through history a size was fairly constant for train tracks. The booster rockets had to fit through RR tunnels. Now you know, the rest, of the story.

Noticed that when we were in Pompeii. They have raised stone pedestrian paths across streets with channels cut in the stone paths for carts/chariot wheels to pass through. Looked about about same width as train tracks

I miss Paul Harvey on the radio. So tired of talk shows that do nothing except push the rage response buttons over and over without any real solutions or educational value

Last edited:
Up 6 at the half, not bad. Our shooting was off early but we seem to have picked it up. No doubt we're the better team. Hang in there with them and we'll come away with the win.

Glad to see Collins out there with meaningful minutes. Guys are progressing this year the way they are supposed to. Long way to go in this season. We're turning beastly at the right time.

I recommend anyone make their own pickles. It's easy and they are very tasty. You can flavor them any way you like. I do not recommend wrapping them with bacon. Maybe use your pickles and bacon along with cheese, lettuce, and tomato on a hamburger. Edible, but not credible.

I recommend anyone make their own pickles. It's easy and they are very tasty. You can flavor them any way you like. I do not recommend wrapping them with bacon. Maybe use your pickles and bacon along with cheese, lettuce, and tomato on a hamburger. Edible, but not credible.

I baked a peck of pickled peppers. Pickled peppers and peppered a pickle and baked some pickles that tasted like peppers.

Yeah, kind of like; I'm my own Grandpaw...

😁

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT