ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Had to find an extender due to how I have my TV mounted on my office wall but I found it. Nothing yet but the firestick is in the boot process it seems now optimizing storage and applications... we shall see...
I have two different Roku boxes and a new Firestick in the box....I cut the TV service last June...........the only time they are turn on is when the grand children are here.....they know the code from their home TV service.................the Director and myself are not interested in TV......we read and do other things...........we listen to a lot of music.....we have a Bose wireless system with speakers in every room...........including bathrooms..........we are listening to Leonard Cohen presently..........enjoying a cold beer...........a wild and crazy New Years by our standards

I have two different Roku boxes and a new Firestick in the box....I cut the TV service last June...........the only time they are turn on is when the grand children are here.....they know the code from their home TV service.................the Director and myself are not interested in TV......we read and do other things...........we listen to a lot of music.....we have a Bose wireless system with speakers in every room...........including bathrooms..........we are listening to Leonard Cohen presently..........enjoying a cold beer...........a wild and crazy New Years by our standards

My Darling and I never watched the TV we had. My Darling does her thing with watching and listening to youtube from the free side (I told her she didn't have to do that but she is more frugal than I am.) and her friends. I do a lot of things to keep me busy, I read to mostly learn for one reason or another. I watch the old soaps like Sanford and Son off Facebook as I get full movies to where there are what I like to watch. I have a decent collection of old movies I like that I watch parts of to keep me engaged when my mind wanders. I am determining now whether it is s Steven Seagal movie or a John Wayne movie I am about to turn on while I am sorting through old papers to trash what I can.

SlingTV was on for my daughter to use to record whatever series she was watching. She works nights and I obliged for over a year but when SlingTV went from 45 to 52 a few months ago I gave my daughter word that service was being shut off. December 24th I cut it all except the internet. 400/400 fiber to the house for $59.99 a month with Verizon FIOS.

1706872574happy-new-year-2022-cool-fireworks-gif.gif

Happy New Year D League

I am up and at em' and getting ready to head over to Orlando for a nice day of football. The weather in Orlando is a little warmer than we have here on the coast. It is 67° and we will have sunny skies with a high temperature of 84° 0% chance of rain so it is going to be a perfect day for football. Maybe the warm weather will take a little juice out of Iowa. Big corn fed midwest boys don't like the humidity they will face today. 94%.

If anyone is going from the D you can find me on the Kentucky side ( East side of the stadium) in Suite 12 seats 9 & 10. I sold two seats due to my Kentucky folks having COVID so I have no idea who will be next to us. I hope it is not an Iowa fan. We enter Gate B off of Rio Grande Ave. Would be nice to hook up with some of y'all.

Alabama and Georgia represented the SEC in fine fashion yesterday and I expect our Cats to do no less. A nice victory over another Big 10 team would make this season special. Go Cats

Trust all have a great day. Kick off is 1:00 PM EST. I am ready for some football.

EdR-3ZkR8q4V17JwxV07vGGAbTneU9JK3aBLmJAxpnD_WV3PJFkndVx_t_8w49EJ5bUQRoieFVx6Va1WhFul459dlSLnjTNcy62M-JFJw4SL4ZNRUR_tqWRv2ENVeHn0SXf0v_3tBwzHwgGdXMhhG7T_TMnHbYs3FIpLx7Txe_tEClN0W3Ar8XoPL12yXAEczOn1aInw-v1UroxtMoX_ixBHeQ=s0-d-e1-ft

Same at my house. I can not remember when we watch network TV. Only for college football. We have four TV's in the house and one pool side under cover. Roku and one firestick. My wife reads and always has music on. She love Pandora and a TV in the piano room is always on that station. We too have multiple speakers in the house and by the pool. Life is good without TV.

UGA draws first blood!

Drunk dance by Fred Astaire on Holiday Inn (New Year's Eve).

Holiday Inn is one of my favorite movies. I was in love with Marjorie Reynolds when I was six years old. And man could she dance. I doubt they would show Holiday Inn on TV today with the black face and the black help speaking like a black spoke in 1940. Taboo. TV would show incest bedroom scenes before they would show the old movies with Bing Crosby.

That drunk dancing scene with Fred Astaire is an all time classic. He sure could move hs feet

Happy New Year folks. I'm hearing from lots of my non-SEC buddies this morning acknowledging that when it comes to college football, the gap between the top of the SEC and everyone else is like the gap between the National and American Leagues and Double A.

I knew Cincinnati didn't have a chance but it was gratifying to watch Georgia absolutely crush the arrogant, but way too slow and small Wolverines and expose Harbaugh for the turd he is.

I'm enjoying the knife discussion. All the men in my family of my father's generation collected pocket knives, and spent hours talking about them and comparing them.

Every Christmas after I was working I'd hunt around to find the best looking Case XX bone handle knife I could find to buy dad. I'm talking late 70s through the 1990s, and I was buying older knifes. There were some beauties to be had if you hunted around.

Dad would buy more when he saw one he liked, and trade with friends and guys on pipeline jobs. He must have a hell of a collection somewhere -- he's never gotten rid of anything that I ever knew of. I know he still has all his guns.

Hope it is a good year for all.

Well it is New Year's Day and at my house that means collards, black eyes and some hog meat. These will simmer today while we are at the game and be ready for supper tonight. Our tradition is to fry up some pork chops and serve the black eyes over white rice.

And of course for our health we make sure the collards and black eyes are cooked with ham hocks. Happy New Year

00-VGoiT3Y43HCVi5zFo8RP4qAIx90G3xGFQmQ4UHj7teThJAI9_b5JsBK98RarGX4x4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA

My Darling and I never watched the TV we had. My Darling does her thing with watching and listening to youtube from the free side (I told her she didn't have to do that but she is more frugal than I am.) and her friends. I do a lot of things to keep me busy, I read to mostly learn for one reason or another. I watch the old soaps like Sanford and Son off Facebook as I get full movies to where there are what I like to watch. I have a decent collection of old movies I like that I watch parts of to keep me engaged when my mind wanders. I am determining now whether it is s Steven Seagal movie or a John Wayne movie I am about to turn on while I am sorting through old papers to trash what I can.
So you watch John Wayne movies? Who knew.

Good morning! I've got no problems with 2022 so far, but I've only been awake for half an hour. Give me time.

I have no idea for a score today. I saw Iowa play one time and they got smoked by the Michigan team that got smoked by Georgia. Transitive property says we smoke Iowa. Reality says we sneak by.

24-21

On On U of K, we are right for the fight today!

Good morning, D, read Acts 12 this morning. We have 2" of rain so far and still pouring!!!

Bert yawl ok, watched on the radar this morning round 5, some nasty looking weather going thru your area!!!!!

I hope the D has a great year!!! I got a text from my daughter this morning, saying, we have to have some positive thoughts for us this year, going to try, just hard to have good thoughts right now, but I know that GOD is with us, and HE will help us thru this too!!!!

I saw the D talking about knives, Mrs. M's uncle was a big knife maker at one time, I am privileged to own one of his!!!! He has been on the cover of some of the Knife magazines and made some knives for some Rangers!!!!! He always went to Vegas for the big knife shows!!

Looking forward to the game today. We are having lunch with my twisted sister today; she's fixing our MOM'S porkchops. flour them, brown them in a skillet, after taking them out. pour water in the skillet, getting all the goodness left in there, then pour what's in the skillet on top of the chops, bake covered for 1 1/2-2 hours at 350 degrees, they are wonderful!!!!!

Have a great day D and prayers for the D!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT