ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Carnivorous dinner tonight. Had some meat that needed to be cooked before it went bad. 3/4lb of sausage I made, 1/2lb of smoked bacon, thick cut of course, and 1lb of link sausage made by someone in NC that my wife brought home from her last trip.

I made sausage balls with the sausage I made. Shout out to Sherry! @Bert Higginbotha

Vegetable course will be a multivitamin.
I love carnival food.

Chester's nuts roasting by an open fire:

b004zt01ht201.jpg

Good morning from ATX. Currently 72°F, cloudy and humid. 50% rain chance early this morning. We're apparently at today's high. Weird weather day.

Jury duty scheduled for 1 pm this afternoon. Plan on departing here around 11 am by bus.

Monday, Monday....

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

47576183_2374610485945627_3418536269578240_n.jpg

Good morning from ATX. Currently 72°F, cloudy and humid. 50% rain chance early this morning. We're apparently at today's high. Weird weather day.

Jury duty scheduled for 1 pm this afternoon. Plan on departing here around 11 am by bus.

Monday, Monday....

I liked Harpo, but the oldest Marx brother annoyed me. Can't believe they named a soup after him.

Good morning D-League. It's currently 61° and cloudy here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will bring rain early, with a mix of sun and clouds in the afternoon. Thunder possible. Morning high of 62F with temps falling to near 45.

Everyone stay safe on this Monday

91a5fbda-1fff-438c-96db-b957a6b0ea3c.jpg

Good Morning D League

The Citrus Bowl it is. I received an email from UK that my tickets are confirmed and seats will be assigned my next Monday the 13th. All tickets allotted to UK are sold out. You can purchase through Ticketmaster and direct from the Citrus Bowl. I think we are going to have a huge crowd of UK fans down there.

I purchased a parking ticket and many lots are sold out already. I got the closest available in Lot K which is a 7 minute walk to the stadium. I am ready

Looking for a great game with Iowa and if the weather is like today it will be a great day on January 1. It will get up to 76 degrees with 5% chance of rain. I will take that.

Trust all have a great day and see you in Orlando with your Blue and White. Go Cats bring home #10 and the trophy.

logo.png

Monday, Monday....

Damn Nazi food. I am not eating that. 😝 😋

Good morning D, read John 7.

Been up since 2 this morning, wind howling, thunder, lightening and over 2" of rain so far, wild morning!!!!

Got ten lbs. of fresh sausage yesterday, fried up 11 patties (ate one couldn't help it) then patted out 34 plus one sausage burger. Sausage burger with onion, pickle and mustard, don't get any better!

I hope the D has a great day and prayers for the D!!!!! Please keep my son in your prayers.

Got 30 ornaments cut out ready to grind out, one will be for Uncle Ken going to Cynthiana, Ky, Ken sure is a great guy!!!!

Morning Legionnaires! Time to get up and get going unless you are ymmot. You can sleep until noon again.

Weather is running amok. Yesterday high was 79° with today only getting up to 47 with winds at 20-30mph. 50's tomorrow with it steadily going back up to the 70's for the next week or so. We are already at our high for today.

Trying to watch a Christmas show/movie every day until Christmas day for the 25 days of Christmas. Never have before so now that I am retired I can do it.

Go Army! Just getting prepared for the Army-Navy game this weekend. Always watch that game since it is basically the last regular season college game of the year.

Morning Legionnaires! Time to get up and get going unless you are ymmot. You can sleep until noon again.

Weather is running amok. Yesterday high was 79° with today only getting up to 47 with winds at 20-30mph. 50's tomorrow with it steadily going back up to the 70's for the next week or so. We are already at our high for today.

Trying to watch a Christmas show/movie every day until Christmas day for the 25 days of Christmas. Never have before so now that I am retired I can do it.

Go Army! Just getting prepared for the Army-Navy game this weekend. Always watch that game since it is basically the last regular season college game of the year.

You need a dog. Oh.. I forgot... Heck teach him/them to watch with you!

When I would go to a new plant I would base my living arrangement on the Sun being at my back to and from work. No one wants to pull a 12 hour night shift and then drive home with Sun in their eyes.

He had some computer problems and is getting used to a new operating system. Give him time and he'll back up to speed.
Got it...Don may be like I am with computers...

iu

Afternoon D-league. I was tied up much of yesterday and this morning, but I haven't seen anone note Bob Dole's passing here.

He was the last of his breed in Washington, I believe. A true WW2 hero.

I met him a few times covering events in DC, and always found him to be a real decent guy.

My first meeting with him was back when I was just in my 20s, and I sort of embarrassed myself. I knew he had been wounded in the war, but it slipped my mind that his right hand was still crippled from his injuries.

I reached out to shake hands, and he very deftly reached across and took my hand with his left. He could see I was embarrassed and he winked to let me know it wasn't a problem.

Good guy. Last time I bumped into him was a few years ago when there was a fly over of the Washington Mall of all the surviving types of WW2 planes. A buddy and I were walking down to get a good view, and there was the senator sitting in a portable chair, watching the aircraft pass by. We got to wish him well.

What's going on at UL you may ask, and my response would be, what ISN'T going on at UL.

Tyra is their AD but it appears he is just a figurehead with no real power. He wanted to get rid of Mack and Satterfield but was shot down by the President. If he has a chance, it's almost a given that he'll take the Florida State job.

Satterfield will never field a team that can compete with us, so he won't be there much longer.

Mack is a dead man walking basically. Like Satterfield, he'll never put a team on the court to compete with us and a lot of their fans are already realizing this.

The NCAA is going to hammer them back to where they should have been. Not only are they the first and only Div I team to have a championship taken away, they doubled down on their Fyou to the NCAA by continuing to cheat after that in an effort to keep up with their big brother.

It's only going to get better before they make any forward progress. We laughed at them when they said they were a "football school". Turns out they were right. They will end this year with a losing record. How fitting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT