ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Watching Andy on WBKI and it's the one where the old dude was stealing the cows.

Investigator: the sheriff tells me you decided not to make a moulage.

Barney: Oh, we told a couple of people but we didn't want to make a big moulage out of it.

Andy: Barney, he means a plaster cast of the footprints.

Barney: Oh, you meant that kind of moulage.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 69°F and cloudy. Our high today may come in 77°F. Great weather for a long walk.

Iowa/Michigan game last night definitely a snoozer. Ha ha, I fell asleep beginning of 3rd quarter. Bama's domination of Dawgs came slightly unexpected given UGA play of late. Happy for Baylor. I'd say Bears probably playing in Cotton Bowl.

Found a Smartphone this past Thursday at car wash. Samsung A02. MetroPCS carrier. Decent shape. No SIM card. Operating system not english, but rather En Español. Phone locked and date is wrong. Wife wants me to turn in the phone to local Metro PCS store. We'll see.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

NATIONAL-SACHER-TORTE-DAY-%E2%80%93-December-5.png

Good morning folks.

Enjoyed the outcome of yesterday’s games. Sets up a decent playoff, and a very good chance for an all SEC final.

I just hope Georgia gets motivated and learns from yesterday instead of losing their swagger. I really want them to hammer Michigan.

Had a terrific afternoon at the National Cathedral hearing a remarkable version of Handel’s Messiah. Inspiring.

Hope it’s a good day for all. Go Bengals.

Watching Andy on WBKI and it's the one where the old dude was stealing the cows.

Investigator: the sheriff tells me you decided not to make a moulage.

Barney: Oh, we told a couple of people but we didn't want to make a big moulage out of it.

Andy: Barney, he means a plaster cast of the footprints.

Barney: Oh, you meant that kind of moulage.
That's one of my favorite episodes. Always had "2 guys" following the leader.

Speaking of moulage's, "I like to use a little egg white in mine. Makes 'em moister and fluffier."

Good morning from ATX. Currently 69°F and cloudy. Our high today may come in 77°F. Great weather for a long walk.

Iowa/Michigan game last night definitely a snoozer. Ha ha, I fell asleep beginning of 3rd quarter. Bama's domination of Dawgs came slightly unexpected given UGA play of late. Happy for Baylor. I'd say Bears probably playing in Cotton Bowl.

Found a Smartphone this past Thursday at car wash. Samsung A02. MetroPCS carrier. Decent shape. No SIM card. Operating system not english, but rather En Español. Phone locked and date is wrong. Wife wants me to turn in the phone to local Metro PCS store. We'll see.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

NATIONAL-SACHER-TORTE-DAY-%E2%80%93-December-5.png

What in the heck is a sacher torte???? Some kind of lawyer cake? Yeah, you don't like it they can always sue you.

Who'd a thunk it....

Last edited:
What in the heck is a sacher torte???? Some kind of lawyer cake? Yeah, you don't like it they can always sue you.

Who'd a think it....
I don't have a clue what it is but it sure looks good. There is a little German bakery that has something similar looking in the store front window. That filling looks delicious.

I will be on the look out for it

Who'd a think it....

Sachertorte Cake, also know as Sacher Cake and Eduard Sacher Torte is a famous classic Viennese cake. Mr. Sacher also founded Hotel Sacher. Probably the most famous chocolate cake of all-time in the Germanic-speaking countries. It consists of chocolate sponge cake cut into three layers, between which apricot jam are thickly spread between the layers and on the top and sides of the cake.

Think of it as a sweet Viennese version of a Hot Brown.

:cool:

Last edited:
Good morning folks.

Enjoyed the outcome of yesterday’s games. Sets up a decent playoff, and a very good chance for an all SEC final.

I just hope Georgia gets motivated and learns from yesterday instead of losing their swagger. I really want them to hammer Michigan.

Had a terrific afternoon at the National Cathedral hearing a remarkable version of Handel’s Messiah. Inspiring.

Hope it’s a good day for all. Go Bengals.

I would have loved being at that concert. I heard it live once about 50 years ago. A really moving experience.

How in hell does Notre Dame end up 5th? They played one decent team, Cincinnati, and lost.

WHY? I hate this shit.
If we had beaten UT and MSU like we should have, then maybe we would be there in their place. HAHAHA Nope. They could have lost 2 games and still been there. Sucks. Hope tOSU blanks their asses. Here's the headline I want to see...

TOUCHDOWN JESUS WEPT!

Good afternoon! I woke up at 1300 today and it looks beautiful outside. Figures.

Might get up and go take a ride in the country. Destination unknown.

After yesterday I am now involved in helping to decorate my wife's desk for a Christmas contest. I'll be going down there again this week to finish what I told her needed to be done.

The last time I mowed my grass turned out be the last time I mowed my grass. Thought sure it would grow some more. Also, thanks to a couple of windstorms we had over the last few weeks, I have very few leaves left in the yard. Not even enough to mow.

Have a great day!

Good afternoon! I woke up at 1300 today and it looks beautiful outside. Figures.

Might get up and go take a ride in the country. Destination unknown.

After yesterday I am now involved in helping to decorate my wife's desk for a Christmas contest. I'll be going down there again this week to finish what I told her needed to be done.

The last time I mowed my grass turned out be the last time I mowed my grass. Thought sure it would grow some more. Also, thanks to a couple of windstorms we had over the last few weeks, I have very few leaves left in the yard. Not even enough to mow.

Have a great day!
Had I been a bit smarter, I wouldn't live at the end of a cul-de-sec street facing west where the entire supply of leaves for the street wind (as opposed to wind) up in my front yard.

In a way I kind of miss the old Bowl system. Cotton, Orange, Rose and Sugar (and later Fiesta) all played on New Year's Day. By the end of the night it was "usually" obvious who the champ would be. Not nearly as fair as today's playoff system but it was the best day of the year for sports.

1984 was a different story. Remember when BYU won the national title in 1984 by going undefeated and didn't play a top 25 team? Even in the Holiday Bowl they beat a lowly 6-5 Michigan. The Washington Huskies finished a close 2nd that year with an 11-1 record and beat 3 top 25 teams plus a Rose Bowl win. That was the year I transferred to Seattle and let me tell you, the fans were ticked off and with good reason.

Had I been a bit smarter, I wouldn't live at the end of a cul-de-sec street facing west where the entire supply of leaves for the street wind (as opposed to wind) up in my front yard.
When I would go to a new plant I would base my living arrangement on the Sun being at my back to and from work. No one wants to pull a 12 hour night shift and then drive home with Sun in their eyes.
What happened to Don?
He had some computer problems and is getting used to a new operating system. Give him time and he'll back up to speed.

Carnivorous dinner tonight. Had some meat that needed to be cooked before it went bad. 3/4lb of sausage I made, 1/2lb of smoked bacon, thick cut of course, and 1lb of link sausage made by someone in NC that my wife brought home from her last trip.

I made sausage balls with the sausage I made. Shout out to Sherry! @Bert Higginbotha

Vegetable course will be a multivitamin.

Carnivorous dinner tonight. Had some meat that needed to be cooked before it went bad. 3/4lb of sausage I made, 1/2lb of smoked bacon, thick cut of course, and 1lb of link sausage made by someone in NC that my wife brought home from her last trip.

I made sausage balls with the sausage I made. Shout out to Sherry! @Bert Higginbotha

Vegetable course will be a multivitamin.
I love carnival food.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT