ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

My truck will sit for a couple of weeks sometimes........If I go somewhere and the Director's vehicle is behind mine I drive hers..........that is one of the reason my truck has so few miles.........I average less than 6,000 miles a year on it....
That's about what I average. I've had it for about 19 months and have put about 10,000 miles on it.

That's about what I average. I've had it for about 19 months and have put about 10,000 miles on it.
I have a 1998 Ford Ranger with about 70,000 miles on it. Several years ago, a tree fell on it in a storm. I had it made drivable as cheaply as possible and it has no reverse on it. I pretty much just drive it on my property to pick up firewood or other errands.

I have a 1998 Ford Ranger with about 70,000 miles on it. Several years ago, a tree fell on it in a storm. I had it made drivable as cheaply as possible and it has no reverse on it. I pretty much just drive it on my property to pick up firewood or other errands.
We have a 1995 Saturn with only 62,000. It's nice to live where you can walk to get just about everything you need.

My grandson goes to Lexington Lafayette HS.....he marches in their band.......they won the State Championship last night....again.....I think it is 25 out of the last 28 seasons they have went home with the top prize....Congrats Lexington Lafayette Marching Band....

We have a 1995 Saturn with only 62,000. It's nice to live where you can walk to get just about everything you need.
I live very close to a small town, but in a secluded area hardly anyone knows is there. I have about 11 acres (mostly woods) and my home and shop are both on my land. However I make deliveries a couple of times a week, so I do have to drive in my delivery van through the infamous town of Cairo Illinois.

I live very close to a small town, but in a secluded area hardly anyone knows is there. I have about 11 acres (mostly woods) and my home and shop are both on my land. However I make deliveries a couple of times a week, so I do have to drive in my delivery van through the infamous town of Cairo Illinois.

It's less than 1,000 by now. Used to be per capita the richest town in the USA in the riverboat boom days. President Grant used to vacation with his rich friends there and it made a list of finalists for being the US capital city before DC was chosen.

My truck will sit for a couple of weeks sometimes........If I go somewhere and the Director's vehicle is behind mine I drive hers..........that is one of the reason my truck has so few miles.........I average less than 6,000 miles a year on it....

Sherry and I have a 2014 Ford Explorer, so that is a full 7 years and we have a whopping 62K on it. The last two "second" cars that we had were used so little that I had to charge the battery before they would start. Go for an oil change ever other year and they looked at you like you were crazy. So I got tired of that and sold the cars.

So I know what is going one.

With my bad joints I need a vehicle with the seat high enough that it does not challenge my old knees.

Well, my old 50" Panasonic plasma (14 years old) tv finally bit the dust. It was top of the line when I bought it. I watch youtube and old documentaries about 90% of the time so I don't need anything fancy to replace it. Guess I'll finally move up to one of them thar fancy 4K smart tvs.
It is none of my business, but when it comes to TV's I have a lot of experience. Probably bad advise because if you get it on my advise it will blow up in the first week, but I recommend Sony.

I have had 4 Sony flat screen TV's and bought two for my kids. They are good. The last four that I bought the best price was at Amazon.

* "Any use of this advise will be used against you in a court of law."

Well, my old 50" Panasonic plasma (14 years old) tv finally bit the dust. It was top of the line when I bought it. I watch youtube and old documentaries about 90% of the time so I don't need anything fancy to replace it. Guess I'll finally move up to one of them thar fancy 4K smart tvs.
We had one of those in 42" and it lasted just as long if not a little longer. Kind of funny that plasma is now an old outdated technology.

I use my feet to get mine rolling then pop the clutch....;) I was trying to beat your hoopty story.

I do have a 2012 Mazda 3 that is totalled due to the San Antonio hail storm five or so years ago. Has a salvage title but a perfect commuter car. If I cleaned the windshield I'd drive it to Colorado. 77k on it.

I was thinking about cars and remembered my old Camaro. 94 with a 6 cylinder and an automatic. Anyway, what I thought about was when I changed the interior of the car. It had black and gray cloth interior and I wanted leather seats. Found a junkyard in South Indiana who had an entire leather interior with power seats for sale for 300 bucks.

I didn't know until he told me but every car is wired for power seats if any of those cars are made with power seats. That way they only need one wiring harness design for all of those same cars.

I want power leather seats in my truck now.

It is none of my business, but when it comes to TV's I have a lot of experience. Probably bad advise because if you get it on my advise it will blow up in the first week, but I recommend Sony.

I have had 4 Sony flat screen TV's and bought two for my kids. They are good. The last four that I bought the best price was at Amazon.

I'll second the Sony suggestion. For TVs it's about all I ever buy.

I'm in the middle of a TV protest right now. The last 2 big tv's I had prior to this one were supposed to be good. They were Samsung's and neither lasted more than 3 or4 years.

I got a 75" TCL for under 700. I can buy 5 of these for what I paid for those and I guarantee I'll be watching them longer.

The picture is just as good but the interface is more ratchety and the remote is probably a Tandy product.

Now that tv's have become computers with a built in huge screen, I think the next generation of tv will see the screen and computer separate. Your "tv" will be a small projector/computer that will project whatever you tell it to, wherever you aim it. Pretty cool, can't wait.

We have a 60" Samsung HDMI that we have had for about 9 or 10 years now and it has done well so far but we are looking to upgrade to a 70" or more when TV's get even cheaper. Don't remember what we have in our bedroom or our daughters bedroom. Much newer though.

I'm in the middle of a TV protest right now. The last 2 big tv's I had prior to this one were supposed to be good. They were Samsung's and neither lasted more than 3 or4 years.

I got a 75" TCL for under 700. I can buy 5 of these for what I paid for those and I guarantee I'll be watching them longer.

The picture is just as good but the interface is more ratchety and the remote is probably a Tandy product.

Now that tv's have become computers with a built in huge screen, I think the next generation of tv will see the screen and computer separate. Your "tv" will be a small projector/computer that will project whatever you tell it to, wherever you aim it. Pretty cool, can't wait.

They have them already...

It's less than 1,000 by now. Used to be per capita the richest town in the USA in the riverboat boom days. President Grant used to vacation with his rich friends there and it made a list of finalists for being the US capital city before DC was chosen.
No offense, but DC was chosen as capital as part of the Constitution in 1787. Cairo wasn't founded till 1818 - the year IL became a state. Yes, was a boomtown.

We had a 42" Pan plasma. Loved it. It gave out long ago & that technology was passed by. The thing weighed a ton.

Think I see you starchief in there somewhere in a few weeks......
105591268-1543156642887gettyimages-1064543724.1910x1000.jpeg

I'm sure this has happened to most (all) of you. Grass is a little high. Been raining for week/two weeks and you haven't gotten to it. Finally get out and start mowing and find that the grass/weeds are about 3, 4 times higher than what you thought.
What a mess. Especially in the field. Hadn't been over there for awhile and the grass was much higher than I thought it was. So....instead of today being the last mowing of the year, looks like I'll have to do it one more time over there. Guess I could leave it in that it looks better than before...but even though it's just a field, I'd like for it to look better. The perfectionist in me.

Still here Brother BC. Only had one last night (Thought I would have had more.) and one this evening. Getting ready to hit the hay but always seem to check this thread once before I go. Hank made some seriously good music for a good long while then he went ignant. I'm still as rowdy as I ever was, just not for as long each time.

Been running hard these last couple of weeks and started to rebel a little but I had a couple family members come to my rescue too. I guess 60 is not too old but I wish I was in my forties with the pace these last couple weeks. It seemed too that no one cared. I really called on my broad shoulders and the Lord to help. He did.

God Bless you all and your families, and thanks for all you do that you do not realize!
Yeah, been going at it so hard all summer, finally getting a chance to unwind and live a little. Probably got a little carried away yesterday with the football Cats and Braves, but I enjoyed it. Sucks about the football team, but I still believe we can have a good year, by our standards anyway. And lately, I talk to God everyday, and He talks back. Sometimes it takes awhile, but He always responds. I may not like what He says, but that’s another thing entirely. Anyway, go Braves tonight!

I'm guessing it was soon after the Civil War when Grant as prez was visiting Cairo where the wealthy steamboat owners lived. It was probably in that time period when there was talk of Cairo possibly becoming the capital. Some of the most wealthy people in the US lived there and Grant was friends with them. There was/is a street called Millionaire's Row (and that was late 1800's millionaires, though it's also falling into disrepair.

The trick or treaters are out in force tonight. Unfortunately not at our house. We live on a busy street but looking out at the neighbors across the road they're everywhere. The only brave souls to journey to the other side of the tracks are usually the older variety.

I'm guessing it was soon after the Civil War when Grant as prez was visiting Cairo where the wealthy steamboat owners lived. It was probably in that time period when there was talk of Cairo possibly becoming the capital. Some of the most wealthy people in the US lived there and Grant was friends with them. There was/is a street called Millionaire's Row (and that was late 1800's millionaires, though it's also falling into disrepair.

It's best that Cairo didn't become the capital. With where it's situated...and how the 'swamp' has spread over the years...it would have ruined Ky, Tenn, Missou, and Arkansas.

I may end up getting a Sony but if it is no good it will be all your fault.

I actually have six tvs in my house. Two of them are Sonys, older flat screens that I bought a couple of years ago at garage sales for $20 each. I loved that old plasma Panasonic though..

I use my feet to get mine rolling then pop the clutch....;) I was trying to beat your hoopty story.

I do have a 2012 Mazda 3 that is totalled due to the San Antonio hail storm five or so years ago. Has a salvage title but a perfect commuter car. If I cleaned the windshield I'd drive it to Colorado. 77k on it.
I actually saw the tree fall on it. It was a big pine tree. I was watching out the window of the house as the wind started to pick up. The tree looked kind of funny, so I started to get up and go move the truck. It fell before I could stand up. Lucky thing I didn't get up a bit earlier I guess.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT