ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

fight.gif

fight.gif

17 - 31

From what I see at this point is we were out coached tonight as well. Not prepared for what was coming. Announcers saying we have to take a better look at Kentucky's post season status.
Probably. But, speaking for myself only, I’ve waited so long for a top tier football team, I’m willing to give it more time. We’ve played one step forward, two steps back, and so on, for forever. Finally gotten to two steps forward, one step back. I’m still optimistic.

Depressing to respond to my own post. Braves up one, top of the eighth. 🧐 Looks like all my D league friends have settled down. Could revert off into a Hank Jr. song. BBUK- that’s what youngleenees does for a decent society. Totally ruined 😏

Still here Brother BC. Only had one last night (Thought I would have had more.) and one this evening. Getting ready to hit the hay but always seem to check this thread once before I go. Hank made some seriously good music for a good long while then he went ignant. I'm still as rowdy as I ever was, just not for as long each time.

Been running hard these last couple of weeks and started to rebel a little but I had a couple family members come to my rescue too. I guess 60 is not too old but I wish I was in my forties with the pace these last couple weeks. It seemed too that no one cared. I really called on my broad shoulders and the Lord to help. He did.

God Bless you all and your families, and thanks for all you do that you do not realize!

Good morning all. Finally can see that big bright orange ball in the Eastern sky. Seems like it's been raining daily for two weeks. Close. Getting up to the upper 50s later on. Normally I try not to do any hard, physical work on Sundays....was taught that it's the Lord's Day..a day of rest. But, with all the rain and the temp dropping into the 40s in another day or two...I've got things to do in the yard. So...out with the lawn mowers and trailer...mow, pick up a big pile of brush from some tree trimming, etc. Last mowing of the season.

Then get the snow blower out of the shed into the garage. Time to get prepared.

Y'all have a good, peaceful, healthy Lord's Day.

Good morning D-League. It's currently 51° and cloudy here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will bring partly cloudy skies and a high of 62°.

I like seeing the Braves up 3-1 on the Astros.

Cats need to get healthy and regroup this week. Can't let Tennessee beat them at home.

Everyone stay safe on this Sunday.

GettyImages-541057288-74741cf.jpg

Happy Halloween D-League. My wife and I watched the uncut version of The Exorcist last night to prep for Halloween. Whew.

It brought back memories of watching it in a theater as a 17-year-old with my girlfriend, best friend and his girlfriend. At that age, we were totally stunned, shocked into silence, and the girls practically had PTSD. It’s still pretty powerful.

It has inspired my wife and I to head down to Georgetown. We’ll have brunch at Martin’s Tavern, a favorite spot from our dating days in the early 1990s and the place JFK asked Jackie to marry him. Then we’ll walk over to the famous steps where the priest carries the demon to their mutual demise.

Hope it’s a spooky day for all.

Last edited:
Depressing to respond to my own post. Braves up one, top of the eighth. 🧐 Looks like all my D league friends have settled down. Could revert off into a Hank Jr. song. BBUK- that’s what youngleenees does for a decent society. Totally ruined 😏
Fantastic! I just found out. After Cats football loss, I watched a little World Series coverage and then fell asleep around top of the 6th. Game 5 tonight. Could win it all on home field. Ha ha, Go Braves!

Good morning from ATX. Currently 51°F and sunny. Today's high may reach 84°F.

Starkville Massacre happened last night. Cats looked great when up by 10 until Bulldogs scored 31 straight. Turnovers doomed us. What a mess.

Normal chores and errands scheduled for today.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

NationalCaramelAppleDay-1024x683.jpg

Good morning D-League. It's currently 51° and cloudy here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will bring partly cloudy skies and a high of 62°.

I like seeing the Braves up 3-1 on the Astros.

Cats need to get healthy and regroup this week. Can't let Tennessee beat them at home.

Everyone stay safe on this Sunday.

GettyImages-541057288-74741cf.jpg
Cool place. Went looking there for an ancestor my Mom said was buried there according to family lore but who in reality wasn't buried there. Fun anyway. Historic Central London is amazing.

Cool place. Went looking there for an ancestor my Mom said was buried there according to family lore but who in reality wasn't buried there. Fun anyway. Historic Central London is amazing.
Indeed. Visited several times, last in 2010. Always something awesome, which I previously overlooked, comes up every visit.

No accessible trash bins/cans was noticeable. Lady at a local bank told me lack thereof due to past IRA bombings.

Well it is finally sunny and 57.6°F but we are only going to climb up to 64°. Real fall weather is coming this week with lows in the 30's and highs in the 50's by mid week. Thursday thru Saturday we received 1.14" of rain.

I get to mow my yard Thursday as it will be three weeks since it was power seeded. The baby grass is coming up and we have had really good rains to help it out. The old grass is growing like weeds.

I was disappointed in the football Cats. It is hard to win in the SEC when you have four turnovers, plus the defense either was less than against Georgia or Mississippi State offense is better than advertised. Either way UK looks cooked.

Good morning! Woke up at 1100 raring to go! Did that and then laid back down.

We are who they thought we were. We must be, because we certainly are not who I thought we were.

If those cowbells are legal, then everywhere MSST goes to play should be able to use their PA system to blast them each time they get the ball. Voices give out or weaken during the course of a game, but the cowbell is just as obnoxious in the 4th as it was in the 1st. Sour grapes.

My truck hasn't moved since Thursday. I bet it misses my gentle touch. heh heh.

Have a good day!

Indeed. Visited several times, last in 2010. Always something awesome, which I previously overlooked, comes up every visit.

No accessible trash bins/cans was noticeable. Lady at a local bank told me lack thereof due to past IRA bombings.
I would like to take my grand children to Hamley's Toy Store........I could also spend a few more days at St. George Cathedral...........I guess we have spent probably 20 days or more walking around London......not in a row but over 13 trips to England........we like to walk around the theatre district on St. Martin's Lane on the weekend evenings............We were last there in 2011................I am dying for a great big pc of Haddock on a bed of "chips" with some sea salt and vinegar..........and there just ain't no recreating it.......We would drive to Luton and leave the car in a car park and take the tube the rest of the way into London..........we were in Ely and the last train from London was 7 :30 PM too early to even call it an evening.......

Good morning! Woke up at 1100 raring to go! Did that and then laid back down.

We are who they thought we were. We must be, because we certainly are not who I thought we were.

If those cowbells are legal, then everywhere MSST goes to play should be able to use their PA system to blast them each time they get the ball. Voices give out or weaken during the course of a game, but the cowbell is just as obnoxious in the 4th as it was in the 1st. Sour grapes.

My truck hasn't moved since Thursday. I bet it misses my gentle touch. heh heh.

Have a good day!
My truck will sit for a couple of weeks sometimes........If I go somewhere and the Director's vehicle is behind mine I drive hers..........that is one of the reason my truck has so few miles.........I average less than 6,000 miles a year on it....

Happy Halloween D-League. My wife and I watched the uncut version of The Exorcist last night to prep for Halloween. Whew.

It brought back memories of watching it in a theater as a 17-year-old with my girlfriend, best friend and his girlfriend. At that age, we were totally stunned, shocked into silence, and the girls practically had PTSD. It’s still pretty powerful.

It has inspired my wife and I to head down to Georgetown. We’ll have brunch at Martin’s Tavern, a favorite spot from our dating days in the early 1990s and the place JFK asked Jackie to marry him. Then we’ll walk over to the famous steps where the priest carries the demon to their mutual demise.

Hope it’s a spooky day for all.
I bought the uncut version on Bluray. Stunning.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT