ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

These rankings are a mystery to me. Alabama is still #1 and the team that beat them is not on anybody's Top 25 list. I would keep them in the Top 4 but you have to go #1 with Georgia.

And UK is not respected at all in this poll. There are 6 teams ranked above the Cats with one loss and the Cats are undefeated. And they play in the brutal SEC. But what is new?

The new rankings aren't out yet. These are from last week. May see a move up a few spots, but no idea if we'll go much further in the AP. Coaches poll may see us in top 10

The new rankings aren't out yet. These are from last week. May see a move up a few spots, but no idea if we'll go much further in the AP. Coaches poll may see us in top 10
OK, that makes more sense. UK better be in the Top 10 if there is such a thing as justice. Any other SEC team would be with a 6-0 record and wins over Florida and even LSU

The Cats have had some great games with Penn State over the years. Back in the 1970's when Fran Curci was coach some of the best victories in UK history were against Penn State and Papa Joe

I was at the Citrus Bowl a few years ago when the Cats took it to Penn State. It was a great game and a great day. I would like to see a repeat of that. The Cats are on track to go to a good bowl game, possibly on New Years Day. If it is in Florida, I will be there.

It would be nice to see some D Leaguers there.
If the Cats somehow get past Georgia, let the dreams begin.

244569356_4684290794936060_6280864145322064902_n.jpg

***Poster NotStickingAround...let me know if you found you're way here.

My knowledge of Willow Shouls KY (Lee County) is limited to the one time my dad took me there and showed me where he was born.

The road to Willow Shouls was nothing more than a gravel/dirt road. The spot of land where my dad was born was next to the L&N RR which is now owned by the CSX. You can see Willow Shoals on Google map (I hate to promote that site). There's a dirt road that heads over to a small group of buildings that sits next to the L&N/CSX RR line. Based on what my dad told me, he was born in a small building at one of those spots. My memory is fuzzy because it was about 40 years ago.

This post may disappear into vapor but...that's what I have.

***D-League...my post above is in response to a message to me from NSA on the BB board. I suggested he/she head over here to calmer waters so to speak. Anyway, I think NSA is putting together info about a spot in Lee Co. KY where my dad was born.

Last edited:
Means a lot right now to this old country boy, for sure. I’m damn proud.
Know thus won’t be popular but really wish Pro Days had been dropped. Then and only then would we know that Cal was about UK first and not the Pros.
we knew (or should have), at his first press conference accepting the job. He gave his priorities. But nobody listened. And still didn’t for a few years, because he was winning. Only when the product on the floor caught up with the misguided plan, did fans begin to question his priorities. But it’s been there from day one. Go back and listen to his acceptance speech if you don’t believe me. I, got one, was never on board. But I caught hell on the Rafters because of it.

Means a lot right now to this old country boy, for sure. I’m damn proud.

we knew (or should have), at his first press conference accepting the job. He gave his priorities. But nobody listened. And still didn’t for a few years, because he was winning. Only when the product on the floor caught up with the misguided plan, did fans begin to question his priorities. But it’s been there from day one. Go back and listen to his acceptance speech if you don’t believe me. I, got one, was never on board. But I caught hell on the Rafters because of it.

I was naïve Bc, I thought the BBN would change Cal slightly. The passionate and "crazy" people that Cal came to work for never changed him. What I was looking to happen was bringing the kids Cal cares for along for the wild ride that is UK. Cal stuck to his guns, he has changed some, he did what Tubby would not and got rid of some dead weight. Not sure of Cal's motives but I thought Cal's ending generational poverty was a noble cause. Yeah, he took us where we should not have been. He is still in charge. I am hoping he gets the BBN where they envision themselves. (Yes, some BBN faithful have delusional visions of something that never was or never happened.

In any event the BBN and UK are the pinnacle of the college world of basketball. I for one hope Cal can un-kneel. I will leave it at that in a state of hope but things are going crazy all over, why should UK and the BBN be any different.... I hope "We" are...

Last edited:
I’ll state the contrary position on pro day. It was a brilliant innovation when Cal came up with it — that’s obvious because everyone from K to Self stole it.

It gave UK one more edge in getting the best recruits. And I don’t see how it is incompatible with wanting to win championships at Kentucky. If I’m remembering right, the first Pro Day was followed by a National Championship.

I don’t see a down side to it.

I was naïve Bc, I thought the BBN would change Cal slightly. The passionate and "crazy" people that Cal came to work for never changed him. What I was looking to happen was bringing the kids Cal cares for along for the wild ride that is UK. Cal stuck to his guns, he has changed some, he did what Tubby would not and got rid of some dead weight. Not sure of Cal's motives but I thought Cal's ending generational poverty was a noble cause. Yeah, he took us where we should not have been. he is still in charge. I am hoping he gets the BBN where they envision themselves. (Yes, some BBN faithful have delusional visions of something that never was or never happened.

In any event the BBN and UK are the pinnacle of the college world of basketball. I for one hope Cal can un-kneel. I will leave it at that in a state of hope but things are going crazy all over, why should UK and the BBN be any different.... I hope "We" are...
Hate to say it, because I’ve invested over 50 years in UK basketball, but he lost me. Now, that doesn’t mean I won’t be back at some point, but for now, I’m out. Have been since 2015. But, Uk football has been on the climb, so I’m still UK all the way. But I stick to my first impression of Cal. And it’s still the same. He isn’t for UK. He is for draft day. That don’t float my boat.

I’ll state the contrary position on pro day. It was a brilliant innovation when Cal came up with it — that’s obvious because everyone from K to Self stole it.

It gave UK one more edge in getting the best recruits. And I don’t see how it is incompatible with wanting to win championships at Kentucky. If I’m remembering right, the first Pro Day was followed by a National Championship.

I don’t see a down side to it.
I just want to know where Cals heart is. I think by listening to Cals own words we know where that is. Yes he has made some good moves since last season but that doesn’t mean, unfortunately, that winning and winning championships is his number 1 priority. Canceling this for even 1 year would have spoken a lot.

Won my golf match today. Didn't play the guy I thought I was going to and this guy was quite a bit better. Was good for me though to have to concentrate and play hard. Match play 4 and 3.

Told my wife that I was more proud of playing the same ball for two days in a row without losing it.

Won my golf match today. Didn't play the guy I thought I was going to and this guy was quite a bit better. Was good for me though to have to concentrate and play hard. Match play 4 and 3.

Told my wife that I was more proud of playing the same ball for two days in a row without losing it.
Looking forward to just playing golf again. I’ve played once all summer, since June. My work (farming), holds me back. Have to find a way to retire . Anybody want to buy a few tractors and “rode hard and put up wet” equipment? I’m selling, cheap . Think Mr. Haney. 🥴

Mom always liked you best... I liked the Smothers Brothers even though back then they were that times version of liberals. They were seriously funny...

Good morning from ATX. Currently 63°F and clear. Thunderstorms moved through around 1 am with the front. Pup woke me up because she got upset over the booming and banging. We may have received 1/2 inch rain. Today's high could reach 85°F.

Monday, Monday....

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

96eae1f58650e06b1351c2b2826a17e4.jpg

Good Monday Morning D League

The coffee has perked and the bacon is frying. Time for breakfast and a new day is rising.

The sun should be up soon bringing us plenty of sunshine with a current temperature of 67° and a high this afternoon of 83°.

I spent yesterday celebrating our win over the Bengal Tigers but today we look forward to Georgia. The world says the game is over before the Cats show up. They said the same thing about Texas A&M Saturday. You just never know.

I trust all have a great day and Southern Food Heritage Day is a day i can handle. I will have at least one of the items below today. Starting with breakfast.

Read Matthew 17 and 18

96eae1f58650e06b1351c2b2826a17e4.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT