ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

What was the score? UK was 3.5 point.

So what is this 42-21. A favored team by 3.5 does not double the score. Or do they?

Alabama folded. I knew that Alabama would come back but they just could not get over the hump.

Next week UK can make a statement. Can UK handle that UGA rush? I don't know. But after today I ain't going to say that they can't!

I am watching sports center for the first time in a couple of years and now I will not watch them again for another couple of years. So far as many commercials as coverage, and so far no UK-LSU coverage but, they did show 2 winless team highlights. Umass vs Uconn. Probably because they are headquartered in Bristol Connecticut.

Good morning D-League. What a night. I stayed up to watch Bama lose. Crazy.

To answer the question posed above, the CBS football analyst predicts Kentucky will move up to #8. That'd be an amazing rise for the program.

On a sad note, I heard that 4-star Gen. Ray Odierno died last night at the too young age of 67. I got to know Gen. Odierno fairly well during the Iraq war, first in his role as CG of the 4th Infantry Division when the war started, and later as the theater commander in Iraq. I considered him the best of the American generals in that war -- more competent and engaged than Petraeus and less of a phony who courted the press for headlines.

Some of you may not know that Ray's son was badly injured early in the war, losing an arm to a rocket propelled grenade. We had private conversations about that, and I know how much that affected him.

I traveled with the 4th from Fort Hood to Kuwait, then into Iraq, through Baghdad, Taji, Balad, Tikrit and finally with a small task force up to Mosul in the spring of 2003. Gen. Odierno apparently thought I did a fair job covering his troops, because he personally presented me with his Challenge Coin, which I'm proud to have. SOme of you ex-service folks might be interested:

I don't think enough teams in front lost but it should be a nice leap.
Should go to 11 or 12. Better resume than Bama and should skip them in the rankings. Yeah, right.

LSU was playing dirty all night but was rarely called for it. I even saw a punch thrown at one point near the sideline that connected. I was not at all impressed with the officiating last night.

Seems like SEC officials always protect their name brands. They might want to help us out a little from here on out if they want to maximize their profits off of us this year.

Good morning D-League. It's currently 59° and partly cloudy here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will bring mostly cloudy skies and a high of 83°.

Great win by the Cats last night. Now they have an opportunity to beat the number one team in America.

Everyone stay safe on this Sunday.

38726019-new-york-city-usa-october-18-2014-yellow-taxi-and-flatiron-building-at-fifth-avenue-av-in-manhattan-.jpg

As usual I never can sleep after a big win. Can't turn my mind off. UGA will be tough especially since it will be only UK's 2nd road game. In fact there's only 2 more home games left, UT and New Mexico State. Tough stretch but this team has handled it so far.

Good morning D-League.

College football in the fall. Does it get any better, especially when you are 6-0 and play in the brutal SEC. I am going to relax and enjoy our victory today and then focus on the DAWGS. How many times does a team have a chance to face the number one team with a 6-0 record. That is where we are and anything can happen. Somebody said Texas A&M beat Alabama. Now I am not much for rumors but- but- but strange things happen. Say it ain't so Nick Saban. Tell me Bama did not lose to Texas A & M.

It's currently 72° and sunny skies on the Gulf Coast. After services I am going to head over and just breathe in that clean air and relax. This afternoon will bring a high of 84°.

Trust all have a great day. Cats are 6-0. Think about that.

14lsu.600.1.jpg

We looked like a different team last night and if we would have played like that against Florida we'd have beat them by 21 as well.

330 yds of rushing offense! Against an SEC defense! This team is getting its feces together at the right time. Didn't we beat Chattanooga by 5?

How about that run by Levis? Yeah, those too, but I'm talking about the one where he shucked, jived, juked, and drug LSU down to the 5 yard line. Levis in his post game said he was going to do that more often when he sees an opportunity.

I'd like to see him get a chance to play Penn ST. in a bowl game. I think he would show out.

Morning Legionnaires!

6-0, nuff said other than not since 1950 have we started so good. Going to enjoy it and cut some grass this morning and then, settle in for the Bengals. 3-1 going for 4-1. Crossing my fingers because they are not supposed to be 3-1 now. Green Bay at Cincinnati.

We looked like a different team last night and if we would have played like that against Florida we'd have beat them by 21 as well.

330 yds of rushing offense! Against an SEC defense! This team is getting its feces together at the right time. Didn't we beat Chattanooga by 5?

How about that run by Levis? Yeah, those too, but I'm talking about the one where he shucked, jived, juked, and drug LSU down to the 5 yard line. Levis in his post game said he was going to do that more often when he sees an opportunity.

I'd like to see him get a chance to play Penn ST. in a bowl game. I think he would show out.
My wife was watching the game with me and commented on Levis' toughness. He proved to be a man because he was going straight into 300 lb BEASTS. And he is only going to get better and better with experience and success.

I am loving it. Because I love football.

Good morning D-League. It's currently 59° and partly cloudy here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will bring mostly cloudy skies and a high of 83°.

Great win by the Cats last night. Now they have an opportunity to beat the number one team in America.

Everyone stay safe on this Sunday.

38726019-new-york-city-usa-october-18-2014-yellow-taxi-and-flatiron-building-at-fifth-avenue-av-in-manhattan-.jpg
Builder of thing on right couldn't keep his walls parallel.

As usual I never can sleep after a big win. Can't turn my mind off. UGA will be tough especially since it will be only UK's 2nd road game. In fact there's only 2 more home games left, UT and New Mexico State. Tough stretch but this team has handled it so far.
Know what you mean. Slept like crap - as I did last Sat/Sun. Hope I don't sleep next week either.

The Cats have had some great games with Penn State over the years. Back in the 1970's when Fran Curci was coach some of the best victories in UK history were against Penn State and Papa Joe

I was at the Citrus Bowl a few years ago when the Cats took it to Penn State. It was a great game and a great day. I would like to see a repeat of that. The Cats are on track to go to a good bowl game, possibly on New Years Day. If it is in Florida, I will be there.

It would be nice to see some D Leaguers there.

What was the score? UK was 3.5 point.

So what is this 42-21. A favored team by 3.5 does not double the score. Or do they?

Alabama folded. I knew that Alabama would come back but they just could not get over the hump.

Next week UK can make a statement. Can UK handle that UGA rush? I don't know. But after today I ain't going to say that they can't!

There was A TON of late money on LSU in this one. Line went from 3.5 with one service down to 1.5 the day of the game. I don't bet on games, but I do follow the lines for research purposes.

Last edited:
I am watching sports center for the first time in a couple of years and now I will not watch them again for another couple of years. So far as many commercials as coverage, and so far no UK-LSU coverage but, they did show 2 winless team highlights. Umass vs Uconn. Probably because they are headquartered in Bristol Connecticut.

Smart move. Back 12-20 years ago I used to stay up watching that waiting for highlights of our big wins. ALMOST NEVER put our football wins or great games on the screen. I only turn on ESPN when absolutely necessary anymore. They are worthless.

Good morning D-LEAGUE!

Proud of these Cats, playing like I knew they might and could! Wonderful TEAM victory last night!

Loved that the normally negative media in Lexington was stunned into near silence in the post-game press conference with Coach Stoops! Totally unprepared for the victory. Clearly disappointed at the result. SCREW EM ALL!

Brought me joy to see Chris Oats at both of these last 2 games.

I had the Cats winning 10 in the regular season with a shot at 11, and possibly a win in the post season as well. I hope I was wrong and they can beat both LSU AND GEORGIA. I thought in preseason they'd "beat one or the other but not both." Let's hope they can finish the season healthy and strong! I'm not counting them out of the Georgia game, don't get me wrong.

This is what my football dreams are and have been made of ever since I moved to KY (with the exception that I'm still playing the game). Thankful to God in heaven for this wonderful, temporary distraction from the real world! It really has given me a boost!

Back's been out for the last 3 days. I thought pushing through it would make it better, but it learned me otherwise. Spending my days on the floor is humbling and frustrating, but it will relent when it is ready.

ENJOY this season NO MATTER what comes next! This is an incredible thing to see take place! Glad I get to share it with everyone here!

May God keep you safe, healthy, and fixed on Him!

Nope. Only 1 team that lost might drop below us, and I think most voters will use that as an excuse not to vote us higher. Coaches poll is another story
I counted 4 teams ranked ahead of us that lost yesterday. If the resume was considered we would have already been in the top 10. Coaches poll will give us some love and CBS has us at 8 I believe.

I counted 4 teams ranked ahead of us that lost yesterday. If the resume was considered we would have already been in the top 10. Coaches poll will give us some love and CBS has us at 8 I believe.
I would like to see the Cats crack the Top 10. Going to #1 ranked Georgia as a Top 10 team makes the game more important and the national coverage a little better.

I would vote Kentucky in the 7-9 range. One important thing during this run is recruiting. The Cats are bringing in better and better talent. 5 stars and 4 stars. We should get a few of them and build on that. Always looking ahead in the recruiting battles. This is a great time to be a Cat fan.

I would like to see the Cats crack the Top 10. Going to #1 ranked Georgia as a Top 10 team makes the game more important and the national coverage a little better.

I would vote Kentucky in the 7-9 range. One important thing during this run is recruiting. The Cats are bringing in better and better talent. 5 stars and 4 stars. We should get a few of them and build on that. Always looking ahead in the recruiting battles. This is a great time to be a Cat fan.
I can't remember the exact numbers from the Jones Show last night, but I think they said we have around 22 4*s and no consensus 5*s. Georgia has 5 5*s and 44 4*s. Wasn't that long ago that we had about 1 4* and we were excited about it.

If we build it, they will come

Yeah, it's nice to see UK bowl eligible once again.
Something catastrophic would have to happen to keep us out of a bowl for the foreseeable future. I would think. We have our 4 OOC games we can count on each year and there will be at least 2 SEC teams we can beat each year. Some bowls will be better than others, but they've watered it down so far with as many bowls as they have, I can't see us not going as long as Stoops is here.

Or maybe not...

No respect. CBS does have the Cats at 10.
These rankings are a mystery to me. Alabama is still #1 and the team that beat them is not on anybody's Top 25 list. I would keep them in the Top 4 but you have to go #1 with Georgia.

And UK is not respected at all in this poll. There are 6 teams ranked above the Cats with one loss and the Cats are undefeated. And they play in the brutal SEC. But what is new?

These rankings are a mystery to me. Alabama is still #1 and the team that beat them is not on anybody's Top 25 list. I would keep them in the Top 4 but you have to go #1 with Georgia.

And UK is not respected at all in this poll. There are 6 teams ranked above the Cats with one loss and the Cats are undefeated. And they play in the brutal SEC. But what is new?
UK football has a certain stigma about it in the minds of those making out the rankings/polls.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT