ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

This is how you can fight the high cost of beef and it is very easy to do in a state like Kentucky or where I live. .

240497221_10220648997358119_8678456042402608451_n.jpg

I wish it was that easy. I've tried to buy sides or quarters from folks that raise them and have yet to have one farmer come through in the end. It's been frustrating

I wish it was that easy. I've tried to buy sides or quarters from folks that raise them and have yet to have one farmer come through in the end. It's been frustrating
One of my best friends and her brothers process three hogs and two beeves a year. They do not do it as a business but keep their families well stocked and I get some very good left overs!

They do their own sausage, bacon, rib eyes, standing rib roast, hamburger, ribs et.al..

One of my best friends and her brothers process three hogs and two beeves a year. They do not do it as a business but keep their families well stocked and I get some very good left overs!

They do their own sausage, bacon, rib eyes, standing rib roast, hamburger, ribs et.al..
My wife's parents always managed to send a couple of coolers of frozen beef and or pork when we visited.....one year they gave us 1/2 of a beef.........we paid for butchering and packing.....it ended up being something crazy like $0.12 a pound..........they kept us eating good when we would have been eating potato soup a lot of times......

"though I had the stronger will, the iron horse had a longer stride"

I love that song! You've blessed us with it before. That's why I knew to put on the headphones before I played it. Her picking is perfect. I had it turned up enough that no bad note could have gone by undetected. The Blitzkrieg at the end is phenomenal.

edit: If I ever get hit by a train, let it be one like that. That is badass and I don't want to down to a wimpy train.

Last edited:
I just heard on the radio about a drive by shooting in Louisville, KY at a bus stop. Sounds like somebody got killed. :mad: They also said it looks gang related.

The town is getting a reputation. Prayers for those who live there and the family of the victims
3 students shot, 1 died. This was Louisville's 145th homicide for 2021 and it's not even October. Last year's record of 173 will most likely be surpassed. Thanks to wackos running this city people are fleeing and I may just join them.

Too bad you don't live close to the Ashland area, because we have a butcher that could hook you up. They run bundles like this all the time for beef and pork.

5nwtpo.jpg

On this day in 1976 Charlie's Angels TV show premiered. Did you see the first one?

242597321_4884192454952024_5822686440989737568_n.jpg
I always felt a little bad for Kate Jackson - a perfectly lovely woman, sexy in her own way and someone any man would be lucky to pair up with -- but she had to spend her professional life standing next to Farah Fawcett and Jacqueline Smith.

That'd be like me forced to pal around with George Clooney and Brad Pitt. No thanks.

Last edited:
3 students shot, 1 died. This was Louisville's 145th homicide for 2021 and it's not even October. Last year's record of 173 will most likely be surpassed. Thanks to wackos running this city people are fleeing and I may just join them.
Yikes!

Austin's 63 homicides so far this year pale in comparison to Derby City. Our metro is nearly twice as many people as Louisville.

Stay safe, y'all.

Good morning to all. Haven't been around for a week or so. Did a few posts over on the Political thread, but haven't had a lot of time to post much at all.

Won't go into what I've been doing...but it was interesting.
Kind of going back to my bachelor days....the Mrs is in Seattle for about 6 weeks, so I'll be working on a couple of projects. One is building a daybed for our office...that is no longer a office since I got rid of the desk...and will turn it into a TV lounge and spare bedroom if needed.

Cool. Even though it's Fall today, it normally doesn't get this cool...this early. Will only get to the mid-50s today...with rain. To get down to the 40s tonight and tomorrow night. Guess 'global warming' is a thing of the past. This is 'climate change' I guess. Global warming will be back in a couple/few weeks when we have Indian Summer. Can you have Indian Summer with Global Warming and/or Climate Change? Something there is not PC.
It all gets so confusing.

Y'all have a good day.
If you don't mind me asking but what part of Seattle does your daughter live in? I left in 1987 so I'm sure it's changed quite a bit since.

Last edited:
Daughter was allowed to come home this afternoon. Doctor said she was doing better than expected. Is supposed to go back on Monday to have drainage tubes removed and a progress checkup. Wife said he told her that he was impressed with her dealing with the pain. He gave her a prescription for narcotic pain medication but, my wife has not picked it up yet and said she will not go get it until tomorrow. Daughter took 400mg of Ibuprofen when she got home and said she was fine. She said if she can keep from having to she will not take the narcotics. After the doctor told my wife how good she was doing she (my daughter) eluded jokingly to having a lot of her daddy in her. My wife said she told them: "Oh Lord, if he was here right now he would be beating his chest". When they told me about it at first I said basically the same thing. I said: "Well, she does have my genes." and that is when they told me what was said. Started laughing. My daughter also ask if I was worried. I said: "Nope (she new better), I knew you were going to be just fine." She told me I was full of it. Heh, heh, heh.

Daughter was allowed to come home this afternoon. Doctor said she was doing better than expected. Is supposed to go back on Monday to have drainage tubes removed and a progress checkup. Wife said he told her that he was impressed with her dealing with the pain. He gave her a prescription for narcotic pain medication but, my wife has not picked it up yet and said she will not go get it until tomorrow. Daughter took 400mg of Ibuprofen when she got home and said she was fine. She said if she can keep from having to she will not take the narcotics. After the doctor told my wife how good she was doing she (my daughter) eluded jokingly to having a lot of her daddy in her. My wife said she told them: "Oh Lord, if he was here right now he would be beating his chest". When they told me about it at first I said basically the same thing. I said: "Well, she does have my genes." and that is when they told me what was said. Started laughing. My daughter also ask if I was worried. I said: "Nope (she new better), I knew you were going to be just fine." She told me I was full of it. Heh, heh, heh.
Wonderful news!!! So glad she's doing well.

I got no words. But keep it up man

Great news! Sounds like she's gonna be a quick healer.

Great news. I’m happy for you Warrior

Excellent news. Good for her. Earlier this year, I broke a couple of ribs. Held off for awhile, but had to go to the emergency room. They gave me some pain meds that made me very sick. I decided the pain was better than constantly throwing up.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 58°F and clear. Low humidity. Our high may reach 87°F. Yesterday's afternoon hike was awesome. Just beautiful. Between now until New Year's Day is my favorite time of the year.

My manager indicated yesterday it's quite possible we may not return to the office until at least December. Fine with me.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

Good morning all. Getting that time of year...maybe another month or so....where I need to move in with sawnee. Cold, rainy, windy night. Only about 47 out now...climbing all the way up to 55. Then starting tomorrow we'll be back to the high 60s/low 70s. So sawnee doesn't have to get that spare bedroom ready for awhile.

Another day of finding some minor projects done in the house. Other than that...nothing special planned.

Y'all have a good day.

Good morning all. Getting that time of year...maybe another month or so....where I need to move in with sawnee. Cold, rainy, windy night. Only about 47 out now...climbing all the way up to 55. Then starting tomorrow we'll be back to the high 60s/low 70s. So sawnee doesn't have to get that spare bedroom ready for awhile.

Another day of finding some minor projects done in the house. Other than that...nothing special planned.

Y'all have a good day.
Most of the Yanks show up after Thanksgiving and hang around until Easter. Bring a light jacket or sweater and a straw hat to keep the sun out of your eyes. And leave your mask in Ohio. LOL :) :)

If you don't mind me asking but what part of Seattle does your daughter live in? I left in 1987 so I'm sure it's changed quite a bit since.
I haven't been out there to visit, but I believe they're not too far from the city on the north side. Could be wrong. The house they bought last year was built probably in the 30s/40s. Small bungalow. Was kind of a mess other than the garage that looked like a Nascar garage...guy who owned it before had a couple of cars that were his 'babies'. Garage was by far nicer than the house...house needed a lot of work so the guy obviously put all his money in his garage. House was &1.3M and they've put about 300K in remodeling...and still counting. If the same house was around here...you could get it for less than 150K.

Wish I could be more specific on location but I can't find the address. Seems like there's a city park a block or so away that's basically a homeless/drug needle camp. A month or two after they moved in a BLM march came by which freaked them out...locked up the house and all hunkered down.

They can have it.

D-League,
Good morning to you all. We're off to a sunny, crisp, clear, very Fall-esque day. It was 50.4 degrees on my thermometer this morning; 20 degrees cooler than yesterday morning with very low humidity. I took a walk this morning before dawn and needed my windbreaker jacket. Highs in the mid 70s later on.

Just another day at the daily work grind full of stress, being overly busy, deadlines, everyone wanting "it" now. I don't usually live for the weekend, but for this week, I can't wait for it.

Man, I sure hope the wildcats football team has been working on their game in practice this week, fixing up some of those errors we saw against UTC. I believe UK can win against the gamecocks, but it could be a close one; something like 30-24. I'm taking Florida Gators over the Vols, 37-17, and going out on a limb here, I think that Arkansas can beat Texas AM.

We shall see.......

Morning folks. It is 53.0°F now but at 6:00 am we clicked down to 49.8°. We are supposed to get 69. The reward is the dark blue skies. I am going to kill a few bermuda grass spots. I am supposed to get the yard pressure seeded on Oct. 14. I got my grass seeds yesterday. Onward and upward.

@warrior-cat good news on your daughter. Kids are sometimes remarkable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT