ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Colonel Sanders and Alice Cooper, Amsterdam, 1974. Heh.

E1oOZqVXsAQleLM

Good morning from ATX. Currently 71°F, windy with a light drizzle. Under flash flood and thunderstorm watch. Rain chances increasing this afternoon. Probably looking at 82°F for today's high.

2nd shot scheduled for 1:30 pm today. Let's get this done. Must also shop a little while there.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

befunky-design20.jpg

Good morning from ATX. Currently 71°F, windy with a light drizzle. Under flash flood and thunderstorm watch. Rain chances increasing this afternoon. Probably looking at 82°F for today's high.

2nd shot scheduled for 1:30 pm today. Let's get this done. Must also shop a little while there.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

befunky-design20.jpg

Never remember having one of those but I sure wouldn't mind trying one... Not sure where to get one either...

Oh, May today be a day you remember for a long while to where you look back and mark this day as a turning point toward a better you. I have been re-assessing myself and I have turned more grumpy, more aggravated, and more short-tempered. I need to change that. Might as well really try. God Bless you all...

(What set me off yesterday... 20 cents. I called it the principal not the money but darn I went a little over board. I will spend part of my morning trying to make it right.)

My darling and I went to a park that is close by for one of our walks. Ran into my first Supervisor when I arrived here. It was good seeing him. He is good people. Dude is 57 and retiring after THIRTY-SEVEN years in the government.... Ouch... Still trying to figure out how you do that...

Last edited:
Just finished watching the first SNL, October 11, 1975. Guest host was George Carlin with musical guests Janis Ian (depressing as hell) and this guy.
maxresdefault.jpg

SNL was pretty special when it first aired. Stayed that way for quite a few years. Even as late as 10 years ago, it was still pretty good. It has taken a dive since then.

SNL was pretty special when it first aired. Stayed that way for quite a few years. Even as late as 10 years ago, it was still pretty good. It has taken a dive since then.
SNL's rating keep going down because the writing has declined, the skits are cliched instead of clever or funny, and people are simply worn out by the political impersonations and sketches. They need better writers to provide them with some original content.

You're correct Sawnee, it's Santorini, Greece. Those blue roofs on the white buildings set against the sea make for a good picture.
A quick story about my Greece trip. We visited the Isle of Patmos, a small Greek island on the Aegean Sea and best known as the place of exile for the Apostle John. This is where he received his "revelation"

When we arrived I asked a man where the grave of John was and he said it is not here. I had always thought for some reason John was exiled and died on the island. I imagined him in chains in a dungeon. Nothing was further from the truth.. John had one of the most beautiful scenes on earth. He also had a servant who assisted him who the monks said actually wrote the words John recorded from his revelation. His lifestyle in exile is what some people today would pay millions for. So God protected John and he was not martyred as were other disciples.

After 18 months on the island Rome changed leadership and became friendlier to Christians. John was released from exile and returned to Ephesus (present day Turkey) where he passed away after a long and fulfilling life.

So bottom line, if you are going to exile me send me to Patmos.

geranos_patmos.jpg

Morning all...shaping up to be a beautiful day here in the Buckeye State. Mid-70s. Sounds good to me.

Interesting little video popped up on my YouTube this morning. Eric Clapton's reaction to 'the shot'.
Guess he's got Peripheral Neuropathy (a result of damage to the nerves outside of the brain and spinal cord (peripheral nerves), often causes weakness, numbness and pain, usually in your hands and feet.....wonder how, and how often it affects his playing), and it sounds like he had a pretty bad reaction.

You got to remember that you are dealing with an old man! 😁

I'm no spring or summer chicken neither

Don't leave this world without knowing how wonderful a cherry cobbler is. Blueberry is another popular one around here. I love me some cherry cobbler.

Hork...hork.... I can appreciate the love some have for that. Looks soooooo tasty but cooked cherries trigger my gag reflex. No idea why. I keep trying to like it, but it keeps back-kicking me in the throat

I stopped watching after Will Ferrell left in 2002. It just hasn't been that funny to me since. SNL had some lean years but they always were able to find new talent to fill in the gaps. The season after Belushi and Aykroyd left was almost unwatchable but the following year Eddie Murphy saved the show from possible cancellation. Now they should really let the show die on the vine. It's had a good run but it's been stale for a long time.

Had a doctors office call me today to reschedule an appointment. Now I have an appointment at 0730 in downtown Louisville. It's not until June 4th, so at least I don't have to go there twice in the same month. I'm going to tell dude when I see him that "hey man, you're a doctor, you don't have to be up this early".
Sounds like a good excuse for me to get a hotel room on the flex spend acct, if it was me that had such an appt. Wonder if they'd approve such an expenditure? That's worth a call to the health insurance people

A quick story about my Greece trip. We visited the Isle of Patmos, a small Greek island on the Aegean Sea and best known as the place of exile for the Apostle John. This is where he received his "revelation"

When we arrived I asked a man where the grave of John was and he said it is not here. I had always thought for some reason John was exiled and died on the island. I imagined him in chains in a dungeon. Nothing was further from the truth.. John had one of the most beautiful scenes on earth. He also had a servant who assisted him who the monks said actually wrote the words John recorded from his revelation. His lifestyle in exile is what some people today would pay millions for. So God protected John and he was not martyred as were other disciples.

After 18 months on the island Rome changed leadership and became friendlier to Christians. John was released from exile and returned to Ephesus (present day Turkey) where he passed away after a long and fulfilling life.

geranos_patmos.jpg
While stationed in Turkey, some of us took a bus tour. The ruins at Ephesus was one of the stops. I have my picture standing by what they said was the grave of John at the site of the old church. My hair literally stood on end while standing there.

I stopped watching after Will Ferrell left in 2002. It just hasn't been that funny to me since. SNL had some lean years but they always were able to find new talent to fill in the gaps. The season after Belushi and Aykroyd left was almost unwatchable but the following year Eddie Murphy saved the show from possible cancellation. Now they should really let the show die on the vine. It's had a good run but it's been stale for a long time.

Nailed it. Last funny skit I watched had Tina Fey playing Sarah Palin with the parks & rec actress playing Billary Clinton. Palin is talking about being one step away from the White House, while Clinton is ripping the podium apart...

There is a slight chance that a seat belt can be the direct cause of death in an accident, but for the vast majority of accidents it will keep you safer than not wearing one.

Anecdotal stories about the vaccine are fairly useless.

geranos_patmos.jpg

Wow! Thank you for that. Great to hear he had a better ending after they attempted to boil/fry him in oil unsuccessfully. Guess if you can't kill em, might as well give him a nice place far away. God is awesome!

It's amazing that there's not more pictures of the original Tolly Ho in Lexington. Sorry for bringing this topic up again. Good God the late nights I spent at that place back in 1978-1982 after a night of parties. This is one of the few I can find:

850511Tolly-HoA.jpg

Damn shame it's gone, but such is "progress"

Excellent menu and convenient location. So many good times finished at The Ho. I actually stopped going out near campus 90% as often after they moved.

There is a slight chance that a seat belt can be the direct cause of death in an accident, but for the vast majority of accidents it will keep you safer than not wearing one.

Anecdotal stories about the vaccine are fairly useless.

There's a slight chance tuberculosis will kill you but 1.5 million people died of it the last year they have stats for it. There's a slight chance the flu will kill you outside of 2020. There's a slight chance the vaccine will prevent anything.

Anecdotal stories about a vaccine's efficacy are fairly useless. It works both ways

Good morning D-League. Fabulous day in the east. Sunny and cool with no humidity.

I enjoyed that story about the Apostle John's exile Sawnee. It is always mind blowing to walk in the steps of people you remember from Sunday School days. I got to see the site in Nineveh, across the river from Mosul in Iraq, considered the tomb of the prophet Jonah, who, of course, went there on God's orders after first trying to skip out, and being swallowed by the whale.

ISIS leveled the tomb a few years later, as I read somewhere.

My bro' called me a while ago. They have a son who lives in Boston, so when they go see him...instead of flying they always drive to make a trip out of it...stop at favorite eating spots and visit friends/family along the way. Has been an Enterprise customer for years (like Austin, they rent to keep the miles and wear/tear off their car). Guess he checked today for a trip they're going to make in early June. Said that the rental at Enterprise, same type car as last year.....the price had doubled from last year!

My bro' called me a while ago. They have a son who lives in Boston, so when they go see him...instead of flying they always drive to make a trip out of it...stop at favorite eating spots and visit friends/family along the way. Has been an Enterprise customer for years (like Austin, they rent to keep the miles and wear/tear off their car). Guess he checked today for a trip they're going to make in early June. Said that the rental at Enterprise, same type car as last year.....the price had doubled from last year!
Finding a rental car is a big issue down here. I was told car rental companies sold off their inventory last year because no one was going anywhere. So they sold the cars, many for wholesale prices.

Now one thing we have plenty of down here are U-Haul trucks and trailers. So many people are flocking down here rental trucks and trailers are over abundant. You can rent one at a reduced price if you are taking it out of state. They just want them off of their lots.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT