ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

He was right then and it is even truer today

132584816_206422017764875_4172639075389034616_n.jpg

June 1st starts our "hurricane season" which means we will have a little rain in the late afternoon. Usually around 4:00 PM. I am praying for more than our usual amount of tropical storms. We like all of the rain we can get.

On a positive note we were not effected by the pipeline hackers. We get petroleum from a different source so no shortage. Prices are about $2.59 which is up quite a bit since January. I doubt people realize it but inflation is going up and up and up.
Same here with the gas prices; right around 2.60; there's so much going on the world with the inflation (and maybe food shortages coming this summer), Jerusalem on fire, rumors of wars, etc.....much of the world seems clueless abou it. Interesting times for sure

It is a warm 12.778°C with a high expected of 19.444°.

I mowed yesterday. This time of year I mow every three to four days just so I will not have such windrows of hay. I mow at 3.5" so that if rain delays me for a couple days I can go to 4" for a mowing and then drop down to 3.75" the next time and then back to 3.5". I gotter figured out! :cool:

It is a warm 55.0°F with a high expected of 67°.

Some high tech going on.. A good watch...(Get out of their way!)

Good morning D-League. Busy days for me. Hope all is going well with you all.

I enjoyed that video BBUK. I had the experience of landing on carriers a few times in what they called a COD -- Carrier Onboard Delivery aircraft. Quite a thrill. You are sure you are going to crash into the deck on landing, and sure you are going to sink into the sea on departure. Other than that, it is fun.

Last edited:
I thought a couple of you guys might be interested in the below plaque. In the months before the Desert Storm air war I spent a few weeks on the USS Saratoga in the Red Sea, writing mostly about the pilots. Unbelieveable young men, a couple of whom were about to become KIA and POW while striking Baghdad.

They gave me the below certificate after 'busting my cherry' by landing on a carrier the first time. It was a bit of a gentle joke. If being strapped in white with anxiety, teeth gritted and eyes closed and expecting any second to be consumed in a fireball makes you an "Honorary Naval Aviator" then I am one. But I did get to see what it takes for the real Naval Aviators to succeed, and they are incredible pilots and really heroic.

When I shut mine down I had like 18. I have a niece and she had over 2,000, I ask her do you know all these people, she said no, just told her she better stop adding people. This is what gets me, people will go on vacation and start adding pictures of where there are and when they are coming back home. Had a friend who's house was broken into while they were gone, I told her not to post pictures while they were gone, but did anyway. She kept saying that she just had her friends on FB, but I kept telling her or asking her, but who are they friends with that sees her page!!!!! Found out it was someone who saw it from a friend, of a friend of a friend!!!!!

I know someone through a friend that had their house broken into 2 years in a row. Same time of year. Then again 2 weeks or so after 2nd break in. You can guess what time of year it was. Guarantee they were seen loading things into and out of their car.

I don't post anything personal except for close friends and family. The rest can't really see those posts. I post/shate some comedic or UK sports stuff for public consumption. If I post anything about anywhere that I go, it's done at least a day and up to 2 weeks after I've gone there, even if I "check-in" there. Always have done it that way. Too many tales from acquaintances about negative things happening because they shared real time stuff on social media

Morning D, 43, this morning, heat kicked on for a little bit, this global warming is freezing my butt off!!!

We fixed the Brussel sprouts Saturday, over cooked them just a little, but they were still good and Mrs. M liked them. Is it just me or do they have a slight taste of fried squash?

I hope the D, has a good one and Prayers for the D!!!

It seems like we have skipped Spring, I bet when Summer gets here, it gets here with a vengeance!!!
Fried squash with a hint of broccoli flavor

Years ago when I lived in the Atlanta area there was a Chinese restaurant that we went to a few times. Very good. One of the better Chinese joints I had been to. They got shut down by the county health dept.....found they were serving up cat on the buffet line as chicken.

One in Lexington had to close (not permanently) because they kept leaving the back door open all day. Health dept closed em. Last time I ate there was the time before I saw a cat walk in the back door on a weekday.

Sadly, with the cyber attack and Memorial Day around the corner, I expect it to go up even more in the coming days.

I have my doubts about who actually hacked it. If the agencies are pushing a culprit on the news, I will always have doubts after the corruption and politics of the past years. Any agency these days could make the hack look like whomever they wanted it to look like.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 63°F and cloudy. Rain chances increasing around 2 pm. Today's high expected reaching 79°F.

Some Latino guy pulled up in our driveway at 1:30 am this morning and started banging on the door. Wife was up. Dog came unglued. I never heard a thing. According to wife, he spoke Spanish, wanted in and pointed at North Lamar. We've got two locked doors for good reasons. He backed out of driveway and left.

Found out yesterday we're heading back to the office by September 1. We might transfer to previous location, where I worked 2010 - 2018. I can live with that.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

045cf4c760531a26a6499a76ed79be41.jpg
Love those things.

Found it from Facebook. Amazed it wasn't fact-checked by now but it has not been...

(I cut down a lot of ads due to how I have my account setup. Some still get through but I have ads cut down a lot.)(My guess would be somewhere in California.) Regular here is $2.65 or so at the cheap stations.
These days are gone forever. Full service and gas about $0.19 cents a gallon.

184848851_1223531554749588_5617422416702090994_n.jpg

It was hard enough finding people to work around here before Covid-19. Most would rather live off government assistance or they can't pass a drug test. Now people are getting double +/- on unemployment than what they would from working, and you have the current situation. So the problem isn't the wearing of a mask, it's getting people to walk further than the mailbox to get a check.

You misunderstood. I wasn't talking about people that don't have jobs. I was simply making a point that people I know who have jobs aren't going back to the office until they don't have to wear a mask. Most of them said if they wouldn't wear a mask for 38-60 an hour, there's no way they'd do it in a kitchen for 12-15 an hour, especially when they're getting money to stay home.

Fcol, TEACHERS are refusing to go to work all over the country. If masks and shots worked, why are any schools still closed? Same reason other people won't go to work. They get paid anyway, and don't have to do the work they used to do.

You want to get people to work, shut off the internet

I met this guy through an ad on Craigslist for pigeons......it turns out the people in this area were really eager to separate this guy from his money........he was new to the hobby......had bunches of money.......speaks English but truthfully doesn't understand it very well.......I went to look at what he had for sale......he asked for my advice as the other pigeon people were A)interested in selling him birds at inflated prices or B) bumming pigeons from him......no one was willing to help the guy with the health problems his birds had........I am a sucker for helping people starting out in the hobby.....the more I sat and talked to him the more I liked him......he is a US citizen....been over here for 20+ years......made a bundle of money with his business.........I took him under my wing so to speak......I told him to kill every bird he had and I would help him establish a loft of racing homers that will come home from many miles......he has followed my advice pretty well....he didn't kill the birds....he started taking them 5-10 miles away......he lost all of them..........I have given him birds that have been kept pure as a family for over 55 yrs.....Most people who have any of this family of racing pigeons won't even sell a bird.......if handled properly these are some of the best of the best.......birds that will come home from distances of 500-1,000 miles...........I could sell these birds if I wanted to.......that is not my game.........I want people who want to enjoy pigeons as I have for over 60 yrs.....to be have the pleasure.........yep Pigeon buddy....who owns a Chinese place........damn good food.....but I never see any cats around his place.....I will have to ask him about that......right now he is teaching me Chinese cuss words........I want to be diverse......

This is awesome. Need to hear more stuff like this or re-read it daily. Thanks @awf

Same here with the gas prices; right around 2.60; there's so much going on the world with the inflation (and maybe food shortages coming this summer), Jerusalem on fire, rumors of wars, etc.....much of the world seems clueless abou it. Interesting times for sure

It's truly amazing how bad things can get when a coordinated effort (collusion) takes place to make it so. We had protests over abuses worldwide just 2 years ago, but they've all been silenced after a year now. Weird

Good morning D League

Woke up to a nice morning, 68° and clear skies. Our high is expected to reach 82° and we have a 15% chance of rain. We could use a little rain down here. More than a little.

I trust all have a great day.

184187860_1074987422994220_6847277452821968382_n.jpg

MAN! That is GORGEOUS!

We had a recurring garden guard each year when I was a kid. 6 inch black and yellow weaver that scared the snickers out of my sisters. Put up a web 3.5 feet by over 4ft and only fought hard with a praying mantis every other year or so. Been trying to find some of these beautiful garden spiders for our property, but haven't had much luck

Last edited:
Good morning! Alexa told me it was 39° this morning. I get the feeling sometimes that she doesn't even care.

Tee time @ 1109 today. Hope to equal yesterdays score, or better.

I don't remember Bob Baffert being in trouble before Rick Pitino came to town and started playing horseman. Hmmm...looks like ol Bob has got some Pitino patina on himself.

"Alexa is a harsh mistress. Siri is a mocker.."
The Sacred Techs 5:31

I have a friend that told me one time after he got married, that there was a girl he tried to date, but wouldn't give him the time of day, then after he got married, she started trying to hit on him. He ask her why wouldn't you go out with me before I got married, her answer was, before you were married you wouldn't keep your mouth shut, I figured after you were married you would!!!!! LOL!!!

An old billiards partner of mine doesn't wear his wedding ring anymore because he has more solicitations when he wears it. It's pretty sick how big of a difference it makes. I've seen it first hand to the point that I almost started to wear one when we were out.

An old billiards partner of mine doesn't wear his wedding ring anymore because he has more solicitations when he wears it. It's pretty sick how big of a difference it makes. I've seen it first hand to the point that I almost started to wear one when we were out.
I can honestly say I have never cheated on my wife. Over the years there has been a couple of women who may have flirted but I never returned the attention so it went nowhere. However, for the most part that has been limited and I feel it is because maybe I neither initiated it and didn't partake in it in return if they did.

• Good Morning you D-Leagueanite Rapscallions and Lurkers.
  • Two cups of that Green Mountain Dark Magic.
  • Saw a 12 count flock of Turkey Vultures on Sunday evening. I've never seen that many at one smorgeous board before (one little squirrel.)
  • No White Tails to report.
  • One Shih Tsu sweetie pie.
  • Gasoline nearing $3 for 87.
  • Hiring price down to $9.50 at Bojangles. It was $15 not long ago.
  • #3 is supposed to be home for a month soon. He is a Buck Sgt.
  • No other news.
  • As you were.
  • Carry on.
I have my doubts about who actually hacked it. If the agencies are pushing a culprit on the news, I will always have doubts after the corruption and politics of the past years. Any agency these days could make the hack look like whomever they wanted it to look like.
How do you know that?

Last edited:
Just got off the phone with Germany. Called my "Ersatz Mutti" (substitute momma) and wished her a happy 83rd birthday. I've known her and her family for 38 years. She's well.
That reminds me, there is a German restaurant in Lawton called "Mutti's" I used to go too and have not been in a while. Looks like a weekend lunch date coming up this weekend.

Have a great afternoon, D League! No better afternoon then one spent after a productive (and for each of us that's different) morning! Whatever you got done, I hope you did it well!
Thank you. Today has been productive and I managed to get a lot of light yard work done. Some kind of critter is tearing up our flower beds. I have no idea what it is but they are digging like crazy every night. A .22 should take care of that if I can catch them.

I just finished off a plate of tamales and now I am headed to the pool with a big plastic jar of pork skin rinds to relax the rest of the afternoon. My two favorite snacks are boiled peanuts and pork skins. They are addictive

images

Thank you. Today has been productive and I managed to get a lot of light yard work done. Some kind of critter is tearing up our flower beds. I have no idea what it is but they are digging like crazy every night. A .22 should take care of that if I can catch them.

I just finished off a plate of tamales and now I am headed to the pool with a big plastic jar of pork skin rinds to relax the rest of the afternoon. My two favorite snacks are boiled peanuts and pork skins. They are addictive

images
Armadillos?

In Jacksonville the little turds would do anything for a grub or something like that that they were digging for. I finally killed every damned one of them.

images
Best pork skins I ever had, were at a flea market in Paintsville. They would make them fresh for you. I would grab 4-5 bags before leaving every time I went.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT