ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Morning D Legionnaires!

Today's high will be 41°. Temperature now, 40° with gusting winds reaching 30 to 40 mph. Looks like an indoor day all day. Been warm enough to let the new puppy have a lot of time outside. She did not want to go out this morning with the rain so, I took an umbrella and kept it over her until she did her business. Had to take her back out in the yard a few times for her to get the idea that we were not going back in until the job was done.

Hope all are well this morning as we creep closer to the New Year.

Keep on keeping on.

Good morning D

The weather channel has us at 61° and we are going to hit 76° by mid afternoon. It will be a sunny day. There is no rain in the forecast and no active alerts on the Gulf. Very pleasant and one of the nicest times of the year to be in Florida. It will continue this way until after Easter with a cold snap here and there.

Rumors are after the South Carolina game cancelled the Cats had an opportunity to play Bellarmine College but that would be to big of a risk. A loss to them would drive UK further down the ladder. Also a rumor that UK scrimmaged Transy but I have no first hand knowledge of that. If they did I hope Brooks and Allen had good showings. This is a "mystery team" and unchartered territory as they say. 1-6 sucks

I trust all have a nice day.

Like that Ivory bone on the left. I carry that type of knife. I keep the other two types in the door of my vehicles. Have a couple in my desk drawer now. My Dad gave me an old Boker type knife kind of like the below but it was two-bladed (One on each end.) I sent it to my brother a few years ago after thinking about the old thing that my dad was married to that swiped the Double-Barrell shotgun my brother should have inherited.

Dad would never give you a knife. He'd sell it to you for a nickel or dime or quarter (Whatever change you had) but he'd never give you a knife. I do that too for some reason. Just out of respect for my dad I guess...

Anyway thanks for the memory you brought back.

images
The one on the left looks like a case sodbuster. i have one with black handles. i also have a bone handle single blade case that belonged to my dad’s kid brother who was killed in w2—in excellent condition and maybe 100 years old.

Good morning from the Buckeye State. Home of THE Ohio State University (going back in this thread...talk about being pissy about your name....trademark....copyright...etc).

Not much going on this week. Time of year when it's too cold, even on a mild day for Wintertime, to do anything outside. So you look for things to do indoors. Redoing and repainting a couple of old 'country' benches...so something to do.

Looks like it's going to get wet today, not only in my neck of the woods, but for many of you in Ky, Tn, etc.
Front extends from all the way down close to @AustinTXCat's way all the way into Canada. That's a lot of miles.

Everybody have a good day on this next to last day of 2020.
Yeah we're right smack dab in the middle of that front. 1-3 inches of rain expected through Friday. Supposedly we need it.

Morning D Legionnaires!

Today's high will be 41°. Temperature now, 40° with gusting winds reaching 30 to 40 mph. Looks like an indoor day all day. Been warm enough to let the new puppy have a lot of time outside. She did not want to go out this morning with the rain so, I took an umbrella and kept it over her until she did her business. Had to take her back out in the yard a few times for her to get the idea that we were not going back in until the job was done.

Hope all are well this morning as we creep closer to the New Year.

Keep on keeping on.
Looks like we are going to get very similar weather here just a few hours delayed and a little warmer. It is 56.5°F and very windy. As dad would say it is blowing up a storm.

Headed to my annual Wellness Exam today. I haven't been to my doctor for ten months. She can't renew my prescriptions unless I come in before the year ends. When you are my age, you are never in better condition than you were the last visit.

I exacerbate her to no end. I rarely do anything she asks me to do. Yet I am never sick and have no aches or pains (for which I am very grateful).

My philosophy is that I am approaching the average life expectancy for a man (78) and have no particular desire to grow really old and feeble. So I'll just keep continuing doing what I am doing and hope a heart attack or stroke takes me out quickly when it's time.

*Note: We just elected a man my age to be president the next four years. Crazy.

Headed to my annual Wellness Exam today. I haven't been to my doctor for ten months. She can't renew my prescriptions unless I come in before the year ends. When you are my age, you are never in better condition than you were the last visit.

I exacerbate her to no end. I rarely do anything she asks me to do. Yet I am never sick and have no aches or pains (for which I am very grateful).

My philosophy is that I am approaching the average life expectancy for a man (78) and have no particular desire to grow really old and feeble. So I'll just keep continuing doing what I am doing and hope a heart attack or stroke takes me out quickly when it's time.

And no way he could have composed the three lucid paragraphs above your asterisk.

And the 78 year old elected is not of sound mind. He will be gone as fast as Pat stayed in the Army. In and Out

And the 78 year old elected is not of sound mind. He will be gone as fast as Pat stayed in the Army. In and Out

Based on my observations of my own mental and physical decline with age I don't believe anyone should hold public office after age 70. Yet these people hang on until they die or are about to die.

I saw a doctor yesterday and he told me he did not want to see me for FIVE years. I seriously doubt I see him again. Not that I will not be around but the procedure may not be what an 82 year old needs. But who knows, only God knows the future.

Good morning D, I hear you on the weather OC, it's already raining here, high today 57 and it's 57 right now! Tomorrows high 39, Friday 66 and high Saturday 46, weather in Kentucky, Spring and winter in 2 days!!

Got 10 ornaments and a Titan T cut out this morning, will start putting them together later, if I feel like it!!!

Like the knives, if I ever figure out how to post pics, I'll post one of the knife that I bought from my wife's uncle I have, Downing Knives!!!

Well I have to get busy doing nothing, Prayers for the D!!!!

Wonder what the next hot topic for the D is going to be!!!

By the way, fixing a cabbage casserole for Friday to go along with conebread, black-eyed peas and ham!!!! My twisted sister i fixin Hopping John Soup!

I saw a doctor yesterday and he told me he did not want to see me for FIVE years. I seriously doubt I see him again. Not that I will not be around but the procedure may not be what an 82 year old needs. But who knows, only God knows the future.

That is really strange. When you are on Medicare they often want to see you as often as Medicare will pay for it.

Good morning D, I hear you on the weather OC, it's already raining here, high today 57 and it's 57 right now! Tomorrows high 39, Friday 66 and high Saturday 46, weather in Kentucky, Spring and winter in 2 days!!

Got 10 ornaments and a Titan T cut out this morning, will start putting them together later, if I feel like it!!!

Like the knives, if I ever figure out how to post pics, I'll post one of the knife that I bought from my wife's uncle I have, Downing Knives!!!

Well I have to get busy doing nothing, Prayers for the D!!!!

Wonder what the next hot topic for the D is going to be!!!

By the way, fixing a cabbage casserole for Friday to go along with conebread, black-eyed peas and ham!!!! My twisted sister i fixin Hopping John Soup!
After reading this, I'm in the mood for cabbage casserole now. As for the Hoppin' John, have you tried any of the Margaret Holmes items?

The only personal mental decline I have noticed is a loss of ability to concentrate. I read all the time but it is only for momentary pleasure. I don't retain much of the information I read. I stopped driving because I'm not as alert as I need to be. I can re-watch a movie I saw a couple of years ago and not remember what is coming next.

Joe Biden is the same way. He's not dumb. He just can't concentrate and therefore cannot speak unless reading a monitor (poorly I might add) without making a gaffe. This is a disaster for him because he will have to speak without reading a monitor a lot while being president.

I don't think Trump ever prepared for a speech his entire presidency. He just said whatever popped in his head and it kept him in trouble all the time and cost him bigly.

Last edited:
The only personal mental decline I have noticed is a loss of ability to concentrate. I read all the time but it is only for momentary pleasure. I don't retain much of the information I read. I stopped driving because I'm not as alert as I need to be. I can re-watch a movie I saw a couple of years ago and not remember what is coming next.

Joe Biden is the same way. He's not dumb. He just can't concentrate and therefore cannot speak unless reading a monitor (poorly I might add) without making a gaffe. This is a disaster for him because he will have to speak without reading a monitor a lot while being president.
Thing is, Biden has been a gaffe machine for decades.

After reading this, I'm in the mood for cabbage casserole now. As for the Hoppin' John, have you tried any of the Margaret Holmes items?
Yes and Hoppin' John is a family tradition going back 6 generations. We serve it with my wife's cornbread and collards cooked in ham hocks. She went to the store yesterday and got everything we need to cook it.

If I recall, tradition has it (particularly in the South) that black eyed peas on New Years symbolizes coins, collard greens....dollar bills, for the coming new year. Good luck/fortune. I had never heard of that before I moved to Georgia. With my ex-wife and her parents...had them every New Years dinner.

Actually UK, I have never had any Hoppin John Soup, there is a restaurant in Owensboro called Briar Patch the we go to that has it, but I have never tried it! My twisted sister sent me the recipe for the soup that is made there, going to fix it one of these days. I have a soup that you would like, it's called Stale bread Soup! Wonderful cold day soup or any day!!!!

If I recall, tradition has it (particularly in the South) that black eyed peas on New Years symbolizes coins, collard greens....dollar bills, for the coming new year. Good luck/fortune. I had never heard of that before I moved to Georgia. With my ex-wife and her parents...had them every New Years dinner.
My grandmother said the same years ago, as I remember. She always prepared New Year's Day meals with that tradition as a theme.

Good luck with it. it's probably ok, but my trust in gov is pretty near zero. Maybe time will change my mind, but as of today, they'd have sneak up behind me and knock me out to give me the shot.
One of my nephews is a PHD in cancer research for one of the big Pharma firms. He said that him, and all the medical research guys he knows, won't get it.

I consider myself a pretty intelligent guy...but when I talk to him sometimes he's on just another level. So I didn't really understand what he was saying a couple weeks ago when he mentioned this to me (he got into all kinds of medical/biological things)....but he was basically saying that this first vaccine there's a lot of questions/concerns in the medical/research community of possible long term effects because it somehow alters cell structure and/or other biological variants. ???? Had no idea what he was talking about.

Good luck with it. it's probably ok, but my trust in gov is pretty near zero. Maybe time will change my mind, but as of today, they'd have sneak up behind me and knock me out to give me the shot.
At my age I have nothing to lose. My wife does not take flu shots so she is passing on it.

But if it kills me they can put on my tombstone. " We were right and he was wrong" ,

As an old failed chemist, I have trust. The U.S. medical system is the best known to man.

When offered the shot take it, please. It has little to do with government. The U.S. government just greased the skids.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT