ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

My son came home last night who we haven’t seen in months .knowing how he loves Asian food, I looked up some recipes. Found one for Asian quail. We happened to have some quail in the freezer, so I made that. My wife and son said it was one of the best things they had eaten in a long time. So I guess I’d bring that.
Love wild game BC, I haven't had any rabbit or squirrel in years!!!! My mom use to make the best dumplings with them!!!!

Love wild game BC, I haven't had any rabbit or squirrel in years!!!! My mom use to make the best dumplings with them!!!!
We obviously don’t live on it now, but I could if I had to. Growing up, it was a staple for our family. Fish, frog, squirrel, rabbit, you name it. Wild game has more flavor than domestic animals by far. Some can’t get past the gaminess, but if it’s prepared and cooked right, to me there’s nothing better.

I'm not a bad cook at all, but my wife is fantastic and she enjoys it! I wouldn't know where to start to be honest. Her lasagna, dressing, or risotto w/ parmesean & mushrooms are to die for....

Some have asked about Bev, where is the Don?
I was thinking the same thing. Don has been missing for awhile. I pray he is doing well.

We obviously don’t live on it now, but I could if I had to. Growing up, it was a staple for our family. Fish, frog, squirrel, rabbit, you name it. Wild game has more flavor than domestic animals by far. Some can’t get past the gaminess, but if it’s prepared and cooked right, to me there’s nothing better.

I love wild game, and I don't even hunt, sadly. I've had duck breasts smoked, wrapped in bacon and stuffed with cream cheese and jalapeños..... could've been dingo or coyote for all I know. Hopefully it wasn't possum. 😒

When I think how much my tuition was (out of state) compared to now.....you wonder where does all the money go? College was fairly affordable back then....profs were being paid, buildings were being built, colleges were getting bigger and better.
If you factor the rate of inflation over the years to what I paid, I don't think it would be anywhere close to what it is in 2020.
I have a question for the D, since we have been talking about food, If the D was having a get together and you bring your best dish that you fix, what would it be? Mine would be Southwest Chicken. What would you bring?
I’m not much of a cook, but I make a pretty fair Mexican casserole that’s sort of like lasagna except with chicken breasts and corn tortillas instead of sausage and noodles.
I make the world's best chili.
Stone crabs and jumbo shrimp and a bushel of oysters for roasting
Whatever I could take Sherry into making!

I usually eat wild game (venison, squirrel, rabbit, turkey) once or twice yearly at my cousin' place on Nolin Lake. He's an amazing hunter/fisherman and so is his son.

306480_2586700987388_2000329111_n.jpg

Afternoon D
Just wanted to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers
We’re going to try to have Christmas for the kids, but no one really has the heart for it. This has been the hardest thing any of us has ever been through. None of us really have the heart for anything...
Right now we’re just taking it day by day
But I do want to wish you all Merry Christmas and hope you know my love is with you

Afternoon D
We’re going to try to have Christmas for the kids, but no one really has the heart for it. This has been the hardest thing any of us has ever been through. None of us really have the heart for anything...
But I do want to wish you all Merry Christmas and hope you know my love is with you
Merry Christmas to you to Bev, still praying!!!!

Afternoon D

Merry Christmas Bev. Wishing you and your family the comfort of peace and tranquility during this time.

Afternoon D
Merry Christmas to you and all your family. Hopefully each day will get better for you all.

My son came home last night who we haven’t seen in months .knowing how he loves Asian food, I looked up some recipes. Found one for Asian quail. We happened to have some quail in the freezer, so I made that. My wife and son said it was one of the best things they had eaten in a long time. So I guess I’d bring that.
But don't bring Dan, he is not good at all.

Afternoon D
Merry Christmas Bev, our thoughts and prayers continue and this too shall pass. God has not forsaken and neither will your friends. All we can do is take life day by day and rest in His promise.

635858878618105083546950193_Nativity.jpg

Afternoon D
Merry Christmas to you and your family Bev. You'll remain in my thoughts and prayers. I hope some of the joy of children at Christmas will be infectious, and helps heal your heart.

Afternoon D

Bless you sister and your family!

Afternoon D

Been praying for you and your family, daily. It's hard to wish someone Merry Christmas that has been what you have been through, but I pray that God helps you find peace in the coming days and months.

Afternoon D
God bless you and your family and I sincerely hope you can get at least a little comfort during these difficult times.

This is me in Bethlehem, 1990. I was reading Luke's version of Jesus' birth this morning, and it brought back this memory.

By tradition at least, where that silver-plated star is on the floor is where the manger was located.
What a great pic and wonderful memory for you. Very few people, at least in this country, will ever get that opportunity.

Sherry and I just got our Christmas tree up. We are getting ready to go see the kids, so you all have a Merry Christmas.
132996314_3550741468374745_4591468710438212251_o.jpg
Reminds me of when I was a kid (back when people bought real trees at Christmas), us kids bugged Dad relentlessly about when we were going to go get the tree. May have even started before T'giving...don't know. He came home one day with a 'tree' that looked something like that....only scrawnier. Talk about 3 kids boo-hooing.
Never could figure out if he was serious or joking....he would never say.
BTW, finally did get a nice big tall one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT