D-League

clpMdTN5_o.png
40° 65° Clear, crisp
snow-in-arizona-thumbnail.jpg

Always frosty around the solstice.

Last edited:
The day The Baron died.
off-with-his-head.jpg

My the way you folks that like eggnog are messed up.

Geeze short of starving I could not drink it! 😂
I like a little eggnog in my bourbon 🤪
old-grand-dad-114-proof-bourbon-22.jpg

I've heard a lot of people say it's even better spiked. I guess I'm going to have to try some bourbon in eggnog and find out.
Seeing one part bourbon to 5 parts eggnog. I also plan on trying some very soon.

I like my eggnog: 10 parts bourbon to zero parts eggnog!

My wife is going to fry up a mess of chicken gizzards for our supper. I am the only one that eats them so I think she is wanting something from me. I bet tomorrow she hits me with a "Christmas Wish"

I thought my Christmas shopping was over but apparently not. If she bakes some biscuits and makes some milk gravy that is a sign she wants a big $$$$$ item. But chicken gizzards, milk gravy and biscuits would be worth it

No disrespect Sir but this came to mind... Crow Gizzards...

source.gif

I am 69 and never had any whisky. I had an uncle that I stayed with while I was working at Paducah on I-24, he really liked it, we would stop at the liquor store just about every time we wen to Barkley Dam fishing. I am not sure what he was drinking, VO or Barton?
Bert will like this. I had an uncle Walter Samuel Rich like that named after our common grandfather. Unlike Bert, I like fishing too so I your uncle is prolly kin. You too. btw I'm 69 and haven't had any hard liquor since Hollerween. I can enjoy an adult beverage. I have zero desire to enjoy too much and know the difference.

Bert will like this. I had an uncle Walter Samuel Rich like that named after our common grandfather. Unlike Bert, I like fishing too so I your uncle is prolly kin. You too. btw I'm 69 and haven't had any hard liquor since Hollerween. I can enjoy an adult beverage. I have zero desire to enjoy too much and know the difference.
You got the IQ in the family. I got the whisky genes.

Old Grand-Dad 114 is wonderful, you just have to "measure" it out. That stuff will kick you in the butt.

The reason that I have some is that Ymmot came down and gave it to me.

Hell, even Ymmot can't handle it!
I miss Ymmot. What I would give to see him posting during a basketball game this season. That would be worth the price of admission.

Sawnee reminds me of my grandfather in that way. Would eat anything. Pigs feet, souse, possum, groundhog, raccoon, even frog heads. Probably his favorite was fish eggs, and I learned to like it too.
Funny story. I use to travel a lot in my work and flew all over the country. One afternoon my wife mentioned to me that I should bring back a little something on my trips.

So I am in Baton Rouge getting ready to go to the airport and suddenly I remember what she said. So I looked and looked for a gift shop but nothing. Finally I saw a grocery store and decided to check it out. In this store were jars and jars (big jars) of pig parts. Pig feet, pig tails, pig ears and pig lips. All pickled in a vinegar based hot sauce. So a light went on in my little brain. The wife wants a gift so how about a very large jar of pig lips. For some reason I thought that would be a good idea.

WRONG. I showed up at the door with that big jar under my arms and thought I would get a welcome kiss home. I got a "what is THAT". Pig lips, my love. Pickled and ready to eat. Not only would she not eat them with me she would not let me open them up in the house.
Pigs-Lips-300x223.jpg

Funny story. I use to travel a lot in my work and flew all over the country. One afternoon my wife mentioned to me that I should bring back a little something on my trips.

So I am in Baton Rouge getting ready to go to the airport and suddenly I remember what she said. So I looked and looked for a gift shop but nothing. Finally I saw a grocery store and decided to check it out. In this store were jars and jars (big jars) of pig parts. Pig feet, pig tails, pig ears and pig lips. All pickled in a vinegar based hot sauce. So a light went on in my little brain. The wife wants a gift so how about a very large jar of pig lips. For some reason I thought that would be a good idea.

WRONG. I showed up at the door with that big jar under my arms and thought I would get a welcome kiss home. I got a "what is THAT". Pig lips, my love. Pickled and ready to eat. Not only would she not eat them with me she would not let me open them up in the house.
Pigs-Lips-300x223.jpg

This one about my grandma. She used to eat potted meat until she read what the ingredients were. When she got to beef lips, she said “SHEEWW”. Never ate it again.

Watched Memphis Belle last night with my wife. We had been watching Christmas movies lately and were channel hopping when we came across it and she saw the look on my face and knew I would rather watch that than then on going onslaught of Lifetime and Hallmark Christmas movies she had us watching. Since she works and I can watch what I want during the day she gets to pick the evenings entertainment. We'll she likes the movie too so...Memphis Belle it was.
The 1990 movie with Matthew Modine? Pretty good movie. Been years since I've seen it. Might look it up.
The original Army movie of when they filmed the plane/crew is on I believe Netflix.
They put the Belle on display at the Air Force Museum outside Dayton, OH about two years ago. Seems I read where it took a number of years to restore it. I've seen it there a couple of times.

5aff04851ae6622b008b47e7

I like gizzards, liver not so much. I do like calf liver and prefer it raw. Don't care much for kidneys either. My favorite food growing up was the gray squirrel. Mammaw made squirrel stews, pies, casseroles, southern fried, glazed in an oven. Anyway it could be prepared it was. It could be served for any meal. My Papaw showed me hollers where family planted scattered walnut and chestnut trees and let the squirrels produce the groves in top secret locations. They had chickens for eggs, ate hunted wildlife, wild caught fish and sold the tobacco for cash. I'm a truly omnivorous creature and every bite a blessing.

Last edited:
I like gizzards, liver not so much. I do like calf liver and prefer it raw. Don't care much for kidneys either. My favorite food growing up was the gray squirrel. Mammaw made squirrel stews, pies, casseroles, southern fried, glazed in an oven. Anyway it could be prepared it was. It could be served for any meal. My Papaw showed me hollers where family planted scattered walnut and chestnut trees and let the squirrels produce the groves in top secret locations. They had chickens for eggs, ate hunted wildlife, wild caught fish and sold the tobacco for cash. I'm a truly omnivorous. Every bite a blessing.
Except for the liver, you just described me. Grew up eating whatever was easiest to catch and available. That’s why I prefer those things now as I’m getting older. Fried squirrel, biscuits and gravy is still one of my favorite things. Nobody made it better than my grandma.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT