ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good Wednesday morning D League

We are in store for another nice day with a current temperature of 66° and a high later this after noon of 84°. The moon is spectacular again this morning, nice and full and very bright. The man on the radio said the Washington baseball team is going to the series for the first time since Franklin Roosevelt was president. That is a long time ago because when I was born he was president and trust me that was a long time ago.

Getting ready to take my wife to the airport as she is flying out with friends to a ladies seminar somewhere, some place. So I will be a bachelor for about a week or so. I can handle that. Trust all have a great day.

enhance

Enjoy your alone time. Raining here. Tonight it will get cold and we may have our first frost.

I'm seeing something very strange around these parts......some wet substance falling from the sky along with temperatures in the 60s. This is a welcome change from the scorching 95-100 degree heat we had recently. It's been dry around here, so even the measly 0.25 quarter inch of rain will be nice. It's hard to believe that this time last year, we were talking about the flooding and excessive rainfall we were having.

It's a great time to be a baseball fan as Washington DC Nationals won their way into the World Series last night. Now, who will they play against? Houston or the NY Yankees? Both teams have some truly outstanding players that have Hall of Fame potential. It's fun to watch these guys play, even if your own team is not in the running for the championship.
It's funny, I have not paid that much attention to baseball this year because the Reds suck but, I had watched a couple of games of theirs (Nats) this year and when ask who I had to win it all, I picked the Nationals because I liked what I saw.

Afternoon folks. Busy. Got called out of town last night for a fine dinner. I ate too much. I did not get up until 7 am and then goofed around until 11 am when the damned internet went out. Then I got a couple phone calls and lo and behold it is 2:43 pm.

Good day so far.

I was aiming to sow grass seed, with my wife, today but the good lord decided to give us .55" of rain. Looks like the seeding will be delayed. So be it.

Good Thursday morning D League

Wake up sleepy heads. :Expecting a very nice day today with a current temperature of 65° and we should reach 81°. Yesterday we had a downpour for about an hour and that settled things down real good. We always enjoy the rain.

How many of you remember these days.

73370528_2957064624519425_2151680256249954304_n.jpg
I think that we went to our first drive-in movie in 1954. Our drive-in had a park for the kids to play on until it got dark. Fun times.

Hope the day is sailing by smoothly, D-Leaguers.

I was all jazzed this morning because I thought Devin Askew was making his college pick at 11am. Turns out to be 11 PM. He's a hell of a player and I hope he picks Kentucky. It looks good but I never count chickens when it comes to recruits.

As for Drive-Ins, yeah, was a big fan. Can remember as teenagers hiding in the trunk of a car to avoid the 'per person' charge before the local Drive In gave up and went to a 'per car' system. And, of course, drive-ins deserved their reputation as the best place for teenage lovers to have some privacy...

Hope the day is sailing by smoothly, D-Leaguers.

I was all jazzed this morning because I thought Devin Askew was making his college pick at 11am. Turns out to be 11 PM. He's a hell of a player and I hope he picks Kentucky. It looks good but I never count chickens when it comes to recruits.

As for Drive-Ins, yeah, was a big fan. Can remember as teenagers hiding in the trunk of a car to avoid the 'per person' charge before the local Drive In gave up and went to a 'per car' system. And, of course, drive-ins deserved their reputation as the best place for teenage lovers to have some privacy...

I only learned they showed movies at drive-ins after I was married.

Some of our neighbors have setups like that, but we do not. But the house that we moved to does not belong to us. It belongs to our SIL and our daughter. Nice place. 4 BR, Living Room. Kitchen, Dining Room, Small Sunroom, Downstairs we have an Office, TV room, bedroom, Another Kitchen. a small Deck. It is a nice place indeed. It's way out in the country. 48 miles to my workplace. I don't know how to send pictures.

Good Thursday morning D League

Wake up sleepy heads. :Expecting a very nice day today with a current temperature of 65° and we should reach 81°. Yesterday we had a downpour for about an hour and that settled things down real good. We always enjoy the rain.

How many of you remember these days.

73370528_2957064624519425_2151680256249954304_n.jpg

I have a set of speakers in my garage.

This one is still in business. 2 miles from where I grew up. 10 minutes from Owensboro, straight down hwy 161.

Holiday-Drive-In-2.jpg

In Ashland, we had the Trail Drive-In, torn down in the late 70's. They closed for the winter and they posted a note on their sign, which I heard Paul Harvey read on the air, one time. It said, "When spring has sprung, and the grass has riz, this is where the movies is."

Last edited:
Actually Junior Samples was from around here.
He is buried on the side of the hill there in Forsyth County. His home place was near the water tower off of Exit 15 on GA 400 I knew his nephew when I lived in Cumming. He looked just like ole Junior. There are lots of stories about Junior Samples and he left a legacy in the area. My barber was raised with him and had 100's of stores. . Junior was not an act. He was just like you saw him on TV in real life. RIP Junior and quit fishing around Mrs. ____ dock on Lake Lanier. That is one of my favorites stories.

You are going to save a lot of taxes by moving to Forsyth and your lifestyle will be a lot better. The sheriff will see to that.

ADVERTISEMENT