ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

It is 52.7°F and cloudy. I got my yard tilled yesterday afternoon and I would like to get the seed on and rolled in before a rain. Here is hoping, for once, that we do not get rain today.

BKO is loving on that grand baby and is totally ignoring her D-League buddies. We got her this far and now she forgets us!:cry:

Good morning D-League. Cool and clear in the east. One of those days where I feel a cold coming on, but it isn't strong enough to justify missing work during a busy time.

Which leads me to today's outrage: We have a robust medical kit in a little alcove down the hall which has, among other things, generic aspirin, ibuprofen and acetaminophen.

Or had. I went there for a couple pills to fight off a headache and it had all been removed. When I checked with the office manager I was told it was a company edict to avoid "pill abuse." We'd had access to those benign, non-addictive and cheap medicines for six years. Now some nerd safety officer has decided to misuse his tiny amount of authority and take them away. Of course, I can just go down to the CVS and buy some, which I will during lunch hour. But for now I have a throbbing headache and a chapped azz over the stupidity of it.

Lol sorry Mdcat. As a former addict I can assure your misinformed safety officer that pills in a first aid kit are 100% harmless. Hell if I wouldve stuck with those I wouldve been fine.

That really is beyond stupid. It amazes me that addiction is still so misunderstood by most people like the safety officer in your office.

Good morning D-League. Cool and clear in the east. One of those days where I feel a cold coming on, but it isn't strong enough to justify missing work during a busy time.

Which leads me to today's outrage: We have a robust medical kit in a little alcove down the hall which has, among other things, generic aspirin, ibuprofen and acetaminophen.

Or had. I went there for a couple pills to fight off a headache and it had all been removed. When I checked with the office manager I was told it was a company edict to avoid "pill abuse." We'd had access to those benign, non-addictive and cheap medicines for six years. Now some nerd safety officer has decided to misuse his tiny amount of authority and take them away. Of course, I can just go down to the CVS and buy some, which I will during lunch hour. But for now I have a throbbing headache and a chapped azz over the stupidity of it.

That's a tough pill to swallow alright.

wx_65.png
65°➫ 91° Sunny & warm
image_860212161602476277062.gif

Good Morning D
OGhEmRUb_o.jpg

That is my second best sea food; second only to scallops.

Scallops are our favorite, too. We had some in Hawaii that were 2 inches in diameter and an inch thick. They were broiled to perfection, at a restaurant called Lahaina Fish and Steak. Nothing better than sitting out over the ocean, watching the sun set and eating great scallops.

Scallops are our favorite, too. We had some in Hawaii that were 2 inches in diameter and an inch thick. They were broiled to perfection, at a restaurant called Lahaina Fish and Steak. Nothing better than sitting out over the ocean, watching the sun set and eating great scallops.
Scallops are one of the most bountiful things we get out of the local waters. Scallop season starts in July. The local stone crabs are a nice size., for example. Those claws put out some of the most succulent sweet meat of any crab,

72337495_1414648872023045_8070335839441256448_n.jpg

Some morning humor for our first day of the week:

KULULA AIRLINES.

Enjoy; note the comments at the end Kulula is a low-cost South-African airline that doesn't take itself too seriously

WHAT A PITY KULULA DOESN'T FLY INTERNATIONALLY -- WE SHOULD SUPPORT THEM IF ONLY FOR THEIR HUMOUR:

On a Kulula flight , (there is no assigned seating, you just sit where you want), passengers were apparently having a hard time choosing, when a flight attendant announced, "People, people , we're not picking out furniture here, find a seat and get in it!"

---o0o---

On another flight with a very "senior" flight attendant crew, the pilot said, "Ladies and gentlemen, we've reached cruising altitude and will be turning down the cabin lights. This is for your comfort and to enhance the appearance of your flight attendants."

----o0o---

On landing , the stewardess said, "Please be sure to take all of your belongings. If you're going to leave anything, please make sure it's something we'd like to have."

----o0o---

" There may be 50 ways to leave your lover, but there are only 4 ways out of this airplane."

---o0o---

"Thank you for flying Kulula . We hope you enjoyed giving us the business as much as we enjoyed taking you for a ride."

---o0o---

As the plane landed and was coming to a stop at Durban Airport, a lone voice came over the loudspeaker: "Whoa, big fella. WHOA!"

---o0o--

After a particularly rough landing during thunderstorms in the Karoo, a flight attendant on a flight announced, "Please take care when opening the overhead compartments because, after a landing like that, sure as heck everything has shifted."

---o0o---

From a Kulula employee: "Welcome aboard Kulula 27 1 to Port Elizabeth. To operate your seat belt, insert the metal tab into the buckle, and pull tight. It works just like every other seat belt; and, if you don't know how to operate one, you probably shouldn't be out in public unsupervised."

---o0o---

"In the event of a sudden loss of cabin pressure, masks will descend from the ceiling. Stop screaming, grab the mask, and pull it over your face. If you have a small child travelling with you, secure your mask before assisting with theirs. If you are traveling with more than one small child, pick your favorite."

---o0o---

" Weather at our destination is 50 degrees with some broken clouds, but we'll try to have them fixed before we arrive. Thank you, and remember, nobody loves you, or your money, more than Kulula Airlines."

----o0o---

" Your seat cushions can be used for flotation; and in the event of an emergency water landing, please paddle to shore and take them with our compliments."

---o0o---

" As you exit the plane , make sure to gather all of your belongings. Anything left behind will be distributed evenly among the flight attendants. Please do not leave children or spouses."

---o0o---

And from the pilot during his welcome message:"Kulula Airlines is pleased to announce that we have some of the best flight attendants in the industry. Unfortunately, none of them are on this flight!"

---o0o--”

Heard on Kulula 255 just after a very hard landing in Cape Town: The flight attendant came on the intercom and said, "That was quite a bump and I know what y'all are thinking. I'm here to tell you it wasn't the airline's fault, it wasn't the pilot's fault, it wasn't the flight attendant's fault, it was the asphalt."

---o0o--”

Overheard on a Kulula flight into Cape Town, on a particularly windy and bumpy day: During the final approach, the Captain really had to fight it. After an extremely hard landing, the Flight Attendant said,"Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to The Mother City. Please remain in your seats with your seat belts fastened while the Captain taxis what's left of our airplane to the gate!"

---o0o--”

Another flight attendant's comment on a less than perfect landing: "We ask you to please remain seated as Captain Kangaroo bounces us to the terminal."

---o0o--”

An airline pilot wrote that on this particular flight he had hammered his ship into the runway really hard. The airline had a policy which required the first officer to stand at the door while the passengers exited, smile, and give them a "Thanks for flying our airline". He said that, in light of his bad landing, he had a hard time looking the passengers in the eye, thinking that someone would have a smart comment.

Finally everyone had got off except for a little old lady walking with a cane. She said, "Sir, do you mind if I ask you a question?" "Why, no Ma'am," said the pilot. "What is it?" The little old lady said, "Did we land, or were we shot down? ”

I had a couple of days ban once when many posters wondered why since the one I was banned for had posted far worse about me than I did him and he was still there so, they shortened my ban.

I got banned for a week once for joking about UK players playing basketball with no shoes on. Just a lighthearted joke with no profanity or venom toward anyone.

Some morning humor for our first day of the week:

KULULA AIRLINES.

Enjoy; note the comments at the end Kulula is a low-cost South-African airline that doesn't take itself too seriously

WHAT A PITY KULULA DOESN'T FLY INTERNATIONALLY -- WE SHOULD SUPPORT THEM IF ONLY FOR THEIR HUMOUR:

On a Kulula flight , (there is no assigned seating, you just sit where you want), passengers were apparently having a hard time choosing, when a flight attendant announced, "People, people , we're not picking out furniture here, find a seat and get in it!"

---o0o---

On another flight with a very "senior" flight attendant crew, the pilot said, "Ladies and gentlemen, we've reached cruising altitude and will be turning down the cabin lights. This is for your comfort and to enhance the appearance of your flight attendants."

----o0o---

On landing , the stewardess said, "Please be sure to take all of your belongings. If you're going to leave anything, please make sure it's something we'd like to have."

----o0o---

" There may be 50 ways to leave your lover, but there are only 4 ways out of this airplane."

---o0o---

"Thank you for flying Kulula . We hope you enjoyed giving us the business as much as we enjoyed taking you for a ride."

---o0o---

As the plane landed and was coming to a stop at Durban Airport, a lone voice came over the loudspeaker: "Whoa, big fella. WHOA!"

---o0o--

After a particularly rough landing during thunderstorms in the Karoo, a flight attendant on a flight announced, "Please take care when opening the overhead compartments because, after a landing like that, sure as heck everything has shifted."

---o0o---

From a Kulula employee: "Welcome aboard Kulula 27 1 to Port Elizabeth. To operate your seat belt, insert the metal tab into the buckle, and pull tight. It works just like every other seat belt; and, if you don't know how to operate one, you probably shouldn't be out in public unsupervised."

---o0o---

"In the event of a sudden loss of cabin pressure, masks will descend from the ceiling. Stop screaming, grab the mask, and pull it over your face. If you have a small child travelling with you, secure your mask before assisting with theirs. If you are traveling with more than one small child, pick your favorite."

---o0o---

" Weather at our destination is 50 degrees with some broken clouds, but we'll try to have them fixed before we arrive. Thank you, and remember, nobody loves you, or your money, more than Kulula Airlines."

----o0o---

" Your seat cushions can be used for flotation; and in the event of an emergency water landing, please paddle to shore and take them with our compliments."

---o0o---

" As you exit the plane , make sure to gather all of your belongings. Anything left behind will be distributed evenly among the flight attendants. Please do not leave children or spouses."

---o0o---

And from the pilot during his welcome message:"Kulula Airlines is pleased to announce that we have some of the best flight attendants in the industry. Unfortunately, none of them are on this flight!"

---o0o--”

Heard on Kulula 255 just after a very hard landing in Cape Town: The flight attendant came on the intercom and said, "That was quite a bump and I know what y'all are thinking. I'm here to tell you it wasn't the airline's fault, it wasn't the pilot's fault, it wasn't the flight attendant's fault, it was the asphalt."

---o0o--”

Overheard on a Kulula flight into Cape Town, on a particularly windy and bumpy day: During the final approach, the Captain really had to fight it. After an extremely hard landing, the Flight Attendant said,"Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to The Mother City. Please remain in your seats with your seat belts fastened while the Captain taxis what's left of our airplane to the gate!"

---o0o--”

Another flight attendant's comment on a less than perfect landing: "We ask you to please remain seated as Captain Kangaroo bounces us to the terminal."

---o0o--”

An airline pilot wrote that on this particular flight he had hammered his ship into the runway really hard. The airline had a policy which required the first officer to stand at the door while the passengers exited, smile, and give them a "Thanks for flying our airline". He said that, in light of his bad landing, he had a hard time looking the passengers in the eye, thinking that someone would have a smart comment.

Finally everyone had got off except for a little old lady walking with a cane. She said, "Sir, do you mind if I ask you a question?" "Why, no Ma'am," said the pilot. "What is it?" The little old lady said, "Did we land, or were we shot down? ”

[roll]

Update on the hearing aid, found it!!! Took me about 30 minutes. He had already told me to quit looking. I had already done a grid one way, I told him I wanted to do a 90 degree search, that's when I found it. He had been looking since Saturday. It didn't word, he said it may have a little moisture in it, just glad I found it before it starts to rain. He wanted to pay me, but I said no, if I can't do something for a friend and help him out, then I am no friend!

I had a couple of days ban once when many posters wondered why since the one I was banned for had posted far worse about me than I did him and he was still there so, they shortened my ban.

I received a message for inappropriate content once. Curious as to what I said was inappropriate, I messaged the moderator to find out. He had mistakenly flagged me, when he had meant to flag the poster above me for inappropriate content.

:football:Mark Stoops talks Georgia, QB's, injuries and more. Link
:football:Pair of Wildcats make AP Mid-Season All-America team. Link

:basketball:5 things to look for at SEC Basketball Media Day. Link
:basketball:Jon Kuminga says he's not reclassifying. Link
:basketball:Brandon Huntley-Hatfield calls UK dream school, could reclassify. Link
:basketball:UK picked to win SEC, has 3 preseason All-SEC picks. Link
:basketball:Tyrese Maxey on Jerry West Award Preseason Watch List. Link
:basketball:Ashton Hagans Bob Cousy Award Preseason Watch List. Link
:basketball:UK Basketball recruiting in the 2020 class. Link

Free Ymmot.

:football:Mark Stoops talks Georgia, QB's, injuries and more. Link
:football:Pair of Wildcats make AP Mid-Season All-America team. Link

:basketball:5 things to look for at SEC Basketball Media Day. Link
:basketball:Jon Kuminga says he's not reclassifying. Link
:basketball:Brandon Huntley-Hatfield calls UK dream school, could reclassify. Link
:basketball:UK picked to win SEC, has 3 preseason All-SEC picks. Link
:basketball:Tyrese Maxey on Jerry West Award Preseason Watch List. Link
:basketball:Ashton Hagans Bob Cousy Award Preseason Watch List. Link
:basketball:UK Basketball recruiting in the 2020 class. Link

Free Ymmot.

I'm thinking he may have a probation hearing, tomorrow.

Played 2 softball games games tonight in the Lawton Oklahoma fall league. Last 2 games of the season. Playing with the son of a guy I used to play with in my younger days. Mother and father were there tonight. We split the games, lost the first by 1 and won the second by 4. I played with my older team in the summer and we won E State, now, these younger kids are trying to get me to play with them next year. At 62 and still playing I must give thanks to God for keeping me healthy enough to play. Love the game and our father knows that and has allowed me to stay healthy enough to continue to compete. GOD is GOOD!

Good morning from ATX. Currently 71°F and wet. We received some much needed rain last night and earlier this morning because of this cold front moving through our area. We hit 95°F for a high yesterday. Dryer air moving in. Cooler temps coming later this afternoon. Fall has again arrived.

Congrats Cards Nats fans! Astros beat the Yankees last night and lead series 2-1. Game 4 in NYC.

900x500-NationalLiqueurDay.jpg

Good Wednesday morning D League

We are in store for another nice day with a current temperature of 66° and a high later this after noon of 84°. The moon is spectacular again this morning, nice and full and very bright. The man on the radio said the Washington baseball team is going to the series for the first time since Franklin Roosevelt was president. That is a long time ago because when I was born he was president and trust me that was a long time ago.

Getting ready to take my wife to the airport as she is flying out with friends to a ladies seminar somewhere, some place. So I will be a bachelor for about a week or so. I can handle that. Trust all have a great day.

enhance

I'm seeing something very strange around these parts......some wet substance falling from the sky along with temperatures in the 60s. This is a welcome change from the scorching 95-100 degree heat we had recently. It's been dry around here, so even the measly 0.25 quarter inch of rain will be nice. It's hard to believe that this time last year, we were talking about the flooding and excessive rainfall we were having.

It's a great time to be a baseball fan as Washington DC Nationals won their way into the World Series last night. Now, who will they play against? Houston or the NY Yankees? Both teams have some truly outstanding players that have Hall of Fame potential. It's fun to watch these guys play, even if your own team is not in the running for the championship.

Good morning D-Leaguers. Still fighting what feels like an oncoming cold.

I won't pretend to be a Nats fan, even though I go to lots of games here in DC, and my kids grew up with them. I have to stick with the Reds of my youth.

But the Nats are a clear second choice for me, so I was thrilled at how the league championship series played out. After letting Harper go, they are a pretty likeable bunch. I had tickets for game 5 if the Cardinals hadn't collapsed so utterly and completely. Maybe I can snag a World Series seat.

Morning D, well my Cards stomped in this series, so now it's come on Astros!!!! Hate the Yankees!!!! Never liked the Yankees!!!!
I guess it's true, good pitching can shut down good hitters!!! I hope that our young (Cards) can keep it going next year. I hope they sign Wainwright again for another year, I like him. I see so wheeling and dealing in the future.

I got a call last night from my friend, he told me that his hearing aid was working just fine, just glad we found it especially since we got over half inch of rain last night!!! I have never found anything worth $3000, so I am going to count that as money against my detectors, they are paid off!

Got to go Krogering in a few, I am making Southwest chicken tomorrow night for church, so I have to get it cut up and in some liquid smoke so it can set overnight.

I hope everyone has a great day, beautiful day here in the Berg!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT