ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Morning D-League! Cloudy and cold in the Berg!!!!! Congrats Bkocats on your new job!!! I know what it's like to start a new job only I started my new one when I was 54 years old! The only resume I ever filled out in my life was for that job and I got it! ( Installed carpet for about 35 years first) Was told later that I was going to get the job, they had to just make it look official. Worked in that explosive plant (Dyno Nobel) for 11 years was an unpaid utilityman salary wise! They made me mad one day just told them I am done! Retired! You can do that when you are 64 LOL. Hope we beat the dirty birds today!!!! Hope everyone has a great day!!!
My first wife worked for Dynamit Nobel at the Burbach-Würgendorf, Germany facility ("Werk-Würgendorf,") while we were together during the 1980s. It was a great, albeit potentially dangerous job. She filled a support role on the factory floor away from the warheads, fuses and detonators. Company policy forbade women from working directly around explosives back then.

4070.1485904241.jpg

I've always felt bad for ol' Sam. Injury plagued career. Outside the state he'll always be remembered as the guy that was drafted ahead of Michael Jordan in 1984. I have no doubt that Portland regrets that pick. But oh what could have been if the big guy stayed healthy.
In a way his career was a tragedy. He came out of high school ranked 1 - 2 with Ralph Sampson and based on his high school career he was on track to be one of the greats in history. Then at UK he had to miss two season because of a stress fracture and never reached near his potential. His fragile bones failed him again in the NBA and his career was injury plagued. What could have been if he had not health issues. Very sad.

Feeling much better today. Got a few things done outside today. Currently enjoying a few “ cold ones” watchin my german sheps munch on elk antlers. Fyi. Yes they are off the elk. Love love love my sheps! My current feed bill for two shepherds is right at 300.00 a month ( 30 pound bag six times a month @ 50.00 per bag ). not counting snack cookies. Tack on healthcare my dogs live better than me . Dondaddy can we switch pups for awhile?
Having Lola is not cheap. Vet visit is looming. About $400. 10 pounder.

Afternoon D!
Are we ready? Nervous meter is only about 2 right now. Will most likely crank up over the next 30 minutes.

With the rest of you about Notre Dame; hope they’re run out of the stadium.

Appreciate all the good wishes about my job. I’m 49 now; as most of you know I spent the last couple of years working at an off road park because I needed a change. I’m ready to go back to an office setting. Only mentioning my age because my direct supervisor is only 25...younger than my daughter lol.

At any rate...let’s go CATS

• Good Afternoon, D-Leagueanites, Wildcats & Lurkers.
  • Wildcats in about 10 minutes.
  • 48 degrees in Johns Creek this morning.
  • Florida leading Michigan 13-10 at the half.
  • #3 leaves for Italy tomorrow. Flies to Paris, then commuter to that small Italian town. I pray he has a safe flight.
  • I had a neat little dog when I was a kid. No vet visits. Couldn't afford it. She lived to be about 16. Love-bug. All of my dogs are love-bugs. Lola is a love-bug too.

• Good Afternoon, D-Leagueanites, Wildcats & Lurkers.
  • Wildcats in about 10 minutes.
  • 48 degrees in Johns Creek this morning.
  • Florida leading Michigan 13-10 at the half.
  • #3 leaves for Italy tomorrow. Flies to Paris, then commuter to that small Italian town. I pray he has a safe flight.
  • I had a neat little dog when I was a kid. No vet visits. Couldn't afford it. She lived to be about 16. Love-bug. All of my dogs are love-bugs. Lola is a love-bug too.

Will pray for your son's safe travel. :pray:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT